Sweden Courier, Express, and Parcel (CEP) Market Size
|Study Period||2018- 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Forecast Data Period||2023 - 2028|
|Historical Data Period||2018 - 2021|
|CAGR||> 10.00 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Sweden Courier, Express, and Parcel (CEP) Market Analysis
Sweden's courier, express, and parcel market is anticipated to register a significant CAGR of more than 10% during the forecast period. It is owing to the growing e-commerce business across the Nordic region followed by the changing lifestyles of people with increasing demand for deliveries across all business segments.
- Being the country with the highest e-commerce growth in 2021 (20%), Sweden is at the top of the list of target markets for expansion for many online retailers. In addition, several other e-commerce metrics indicate the country's attractiveness in northern Europe.
- The products' quality and the companies' sustainable orientation are important decision factors for Swedish online shoppers. An important part of the last point is environmentally friendly delivery methods. In addition to green shipping, reliability, and speed, the price is also a key element in the purchase decision. As in any country, certain parcel delivery services include a better reputation than others. So, offering the shipping option with the right courier directly impacts one's conversion rate. For example, 27% of Swedes abandon the purchase process if their preferred delivery method is not offered.
Sweden Courier, Express, and Parcel (CEP) Market Trends
Growing e-commerce is Driving the Market Growth
The pandemic significantly advanced the development of online shopping, with up to a quarter of Swedish people saying they used e-commerce more due to the pandemic. Many previously reluctant online shoppers, such as the older generations, also embraced click-and-drop convenience. The trend was, however, already well underway, with a big shift from physical stores to e-commerce well before 2020, driven by changing Swedish consumer habits.
Consumers are also happy to purchase from other countries. 80 to 90% of consumers across the Nordics engage in 'cross-border' e-commerce. This trend will likely continue with Amazon, established in Sweden, and well-established players like Zalando, Wish, and eBay.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Consumer Goods, and House Utility Products Occupied a Major Share of the Products Delivered
The Scandinavian e-commerce market is growing exponentially. Denmark, Norway, and Sweden ranked in the top 10 cross-border countries. It is an annual ranking of the best 16 European countries in cross-border online shopping by CBCommerce. Sweden is thus of high interest for e-retailers to expand to. Furthermore, the country is the frontrunner leading the way for the rest of Europe in technology and sustainability.
Sweden is, in particular, a vast country compared to the number of inhabitants. People live relatively far apart, with a rather large number of people living in remote areas, which creates distribution challenges. Both domestic and cross-border e-commerce is booming in the Scandinavian countries. It encompasses direct-to-consumer retail and shipments of electronics, pharmaceuticals, and consumer packaged goods.
Sweden Courier, Express, and Parcel (CEP) Industry Overview
Sweden's Courier, Express, and Parcel (CEP) market is highly consolidated. One of its most significant features is that one operator predominates the Swedish parcel delivery sector. PostNord is Sweden's most well-known delivery company regarding sales and shipping volume. Only a few other transportation providers, including PostNord, fiercely compete for the second position. These companies include UPS, DHL, DB Schenker, and Bring Parcel. This arrangement demonstrates how highly consolidated the Swedish parcel industry is relative to other European markets.
Sweden Courier, Express, and Parcel (CEP) Market Leaders
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Sweden Courier, Express, and Parcel (CEP) Market News
- October 2023: Jetpak Top Holding AB (publ) has today through its subsidiary Jetpak Group AB, signed an agreement to acquire all shares in the Swedish courier and distribution company BudAB AB. Initial acquisition price amounts to SEK 24.8 million on debt-free basis. In addition, an additional conditional purchase price of a maximum of SEK 10.4 million may be paid. The conditional additional purchase price is dependent on achieved profits for the financial year 2025.
- February 2022: DB Schenker extensively appreciated the implementation of the new EU Mobility Package that is meant to more effectively balance the safety objectives, social fairness, sustainability, and economy in the European land transport system. Over the past few years (starting in 2017), many new rules were implemented and are now in place. However, the most significant changes in road transport working conditions will be in effect from 2022.
Sweden Courier, Express, and Parcel (CEP) Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1 Analysis Methodology
2.2 Research Phases
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Current Market Scenario
4.2 Government Regulations and Initiatives
4.3 Technological Trends and Automation in CEP Industry
4.4 Value Chain / Supply Chain Analysis
4.5 Insights on the E-commerce Industry (Domestic and Cross-border e-commerce)
4.6 Insights on Startups, Venture Capital Funding in CEP Industry
4.7 Brief on Freight Rates (avg. cost per parcel for domestic and international transport, trends, etc.)
4.8 Elaboration on Storage Functions and Value-added Services in CEP Business
4.9 Insights on Reverse Logistics and Same-day Delivery Market
4.10 Impact of COVID-19 on the CEP Market (short-term and long-term effects on the market, as well as economy)
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers / Buyers
5.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
5.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
5.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Business
6.1.1 B2B (Business-to-Business)
6.1.2 B2C (Business-to-Consumer)
6.2 By Destination
6.3 By End User
6.3.1 Services (includes BFSI (Banking, Financial Services and Insurance), etc.)
6.3.2 Wholesale and Retail Trade (including E-commerce)
6.3.3 Life Sciences/ Healthcare
6.3.4 Industrial manufacturing
6.3.5 Other End Users
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Overview (Market Concentration, Major Players)
7.2 Company Profiles
7.2.1 Post Nord
7.2.2 DB Schenker
7.2.6 Bring (Part of Posten Norge)
7.2.10 GLS Group*
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
9.1 Marcroeconomic Indicators (GDP breakdown by sector, Contribution of construction to economy, etc.)
9.2 Insights on Capital Flows (Investments in the Transport and Storage Sector)
9.3 E-commerce and Consumer Spending-related Statistics
9.4 External Trade Statistics - Export and Import, by Product and Country
9.5 Demographics of Sweden (Total Population, Population Breakdown by Age, Gender, City/Region, etc.)
Sweden Courier, Express, and Parcel (CEP) Market Research Faqs
What is the current Sweden Courier, Express, and Parcel Market size?
The Sweden Courier, Express, and Parcel Market is projected to register a CAGR of greater than 10% during the forecast period (2023-2028)
Who are the key players in Sweden Courier, Express, and Parcel Market?
PostNord AB, DB Schenker, DHL, UPS and FedEx are the major companies operating in the Sweden Courier, Express, and Parcel Market.
Sweden Courier, Express, and Parcel (CEP) Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Sweden Courier, Express, and Parcel (CEP) market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Sweden Courier, Express, and Parcel (CEP) analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2023 to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.