South America’s market for sports drink is estimated to register a CAGR of 3%, during the forecast period, (2018-2023). The South American market is dominated by Brazil with a market share which is projected to grow at a single-digit growth rate. South America sports drink market is anticipated to be valued at USD 920 million by 2023. Sports drinks are beverages whose stated purpose is to help athletes replace water, electrolytes and gain energy before training or competition. Athletes training actively or other fitness enthusiasts lose electrolyte by sweating and expending energy. The major purpose of sports drinks is providing many calories of energy from sugars enhancing the performance and endurance.
Rising demand for sports drink from athletes and millennial generation is driving the market. Sports drinks are gaining popularity amongst the athletes and individuals who are involved in the vigorous physical activity. The marketers are targeting different age groups, like teenagers and young adults. The rising disposable income and the adoption of western culture and their habits also play a major role. The market is slowly rising and consumers mindset is changing with the changing category for sports drinks, and even non-sports person are consuming sports drinks with basic required sports activities. Marketers are using this change of mindset, as a medium to publicize their market.
Sports drinks are segmented into isotonic (fluid, electrolytes and 6 to 8% carbohydrate), hypotonic (fluids, electrolytes and a low level of carbohydrate), and hypertonic (high level of carbohydrate). The sales channel followed are supermarkets, hypermarkets, convenience stores, and more. The main ingredients used in sports drinks are sugar, electrolytes, vitamins, and the major market drawing attention ingredient are the minerals, which help in replenishing the lost electrolytes during workout or sports activities.
The South American sports drink market region includes countries, like Brazil, Argentina, and the rest of South American. The huge rise in investment in the sports drink industry in the region has led to an increased demand in the region. Brazil is one of the most prominent countries in the region anticipated to hold the largest share of sports drink during the forecast period followed by the countries, like Argentina and other remaining countries. The availability of large consumer base with the rise in disposable income across the region is expected to fuel the market growth.
- January 2017 – Brtivic, the UK soft drinks company announced that it has agreed in principle to acquire Bela Ischia (which produces juices, liquid concentrates)
- July 2015 – PepsiCo and Starbucks entered into an agreement for the marketing, sales and distribution of Starbucks coffee and energy drinks in South America
Major Players - Abbott Nutrition Co., AJE Group, Arctico Beverage Company International Inc., Arizona Beverage Company, Britvic PLC, Champion Nutrition Inc., Cloud 9, Coca-Cola, D'angelo, Extreme Drinks Co., Fraser & Neave Holdings BHD, GlaxoSmithKline Plc, Living Essentials, Monster Beverage Co., PepsiCo., among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definitions
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering & Econometric Modeling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Key Findings of the Study
4. Market Overview
4.2 Consumer Behavior Analysis
4.2.1 Consumer Demand Analysis
4.2.2 Target Market Identification
188.8.131.52 Purchasing Power
184.108.40.206 Demographic Strengths & Weaknesses
220.127.116.11 Spending Patterns
5. Market Dynamics
5.1.1 Emerging Trend for Health & Wellness
5.1.2 Rising Consumer Demand for Sports Drink
5.1.3 Demand Coming From Millennial Generation & Athletes
5.1.4 Focus on Balanced Eating
5.2.1 High Product Prices
5.2.2 Demographic Segmentation
5.3.1 Investment in Innovation
5.3.2 Demographic Segmentation
5.3.3 Engaging New Consumers
5.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
5.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
5.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
5.4.5 Degree of Competition
6. Market Segmentation
6.1 By Segment Types
6.1.1 Functional Beverages
6.2 By Packaging
6.2.1 Bottles (Pet)
6.2.3 Glass bottles
6.3 By Sales Channel
6.3.1 Convenience Stores
6.4 By Geography
6.4.3 Rest of South America
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
7.2 Most Adopted Strategies by Key Players
7.3 Market Share Analysis
8. Company Profiles
8.1 Abbott Nutrition Co.
8.2 AJE Group
8.3 Arctico Beverage Company International Inc.
8.4 Arizona Beverage Company
8.5 Britvic PLC
8.6 Champion Nutrition Inc.
8.7 Cloud 9
8.10 Extreme Drinks Co.
8.11 Fraser & Neave Holdings BHD
8.12 GlaxoSmithKline Plc
8.13 Living Essentials
8.14 Monster Beverage Co.