The South American alcoholic beverage market is expected to register a CAGR of 3.23%, during the forecast period, 2018-2023. Over the past few years, the alcoholic spirit market in South America has struggled to grow due to the tough economic conditions of Brazil. However, the market is anticipated to rebound over the forecast period, owing to healthy recovery of key economies in the region.
Local players have captured a significant share of the market by concentrating on the local spirit categories, like Brazil’s cachaça, Colombia’s aguardiente, and tequila in Mexico. Multinational companies have sensed this opportunity and are focusing on the popular local spirit categories.
The South American market is segmented on the basis of product type, distribution channel, and geography. Under the product type category, sub-segments include beer, wine and spirits. Consumers in Brazil have shown a rising preference for whiskey and vodka. The Brazilian craft beer market is promising, which is evident from the number of acquisitions by key global giants, in order to consolidate their positions and optimize their offerings that are more exotic and indulgent.
Regional Market Analysis
Leading alcoholic beverage markets in this region are Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, and rest of South America. Mexico is the world’s second-largest consumer base for premium scotch whiskey. In Brazil, AB InBev bought Cervejaria Colorado and Cervejaria Wals in 2015. Moreover, Heineken acquired control of a wide portfolio of Brazilian craft beer brands, including Baden and Eisenbahn, following the acquisition of Brasil Kirin, a local subsidiary of Kirin Holdings Company. The craft beer movement in Chile presents an astonishing trend. The country houses more than 180 microbreweries, ranging from backyard brewers in rural Patagonia, to sophisticated productions outside the Santiago metropolitan area.
Jan 2018 – Global spirits giant, Bacardi Limited acquired Patrón Spirits International AG, at an enterprise value of USD 5.1 billion. The deal is expected to enable Bacardi to add an additional brand-name liquor to a roster that already included Grey Goose vodka, Dewar’s Scotch whiskey, and a fleet of eponymous rums.
Major Players; Diageo India, Heineken Holdings NV, Kirin Holdings Company Limited, Anheuser-Busch InBev, Ajegroup, Unión de Cervecerías Peruanas Backus y Johnston SAA, Pernod Ricard, Carlsberg Group, Itaipava, and Ambev, among others.
Certain players in the market are experimenting by launching premium brands of cachaça, a local drink, trying to capture the market through local beverage.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional and country-level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape, involving the market share of major players along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
Customization of the South America Alcoholic Beverage Market Research Report
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Research Phases
1.4 Scope of the Market
2. South America Alcoholic Beverage Market Insight
2.1 Market Overview
2.2 Market Trends
2.3 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
2.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
2.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
2.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
2.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
2.3.5 Degree of Competition
3. South America Alcoholic Beverage Market Dynamics
4. South America Alcoholic Beverage Market Segmentation
4.1 By Product Type
4.2 By Distribution Channel
4.2.1 On Trade
4.2.2 Off Trade
5. Alcoholic Beverage Market Regional Segmentation and Analysis (Market Size in USD million, 2018-2023)
5.1 South America Alcoholic Beverage Market Size (2018 - 2023)
5.1.1 Brazil Alcoholic Beverage Market Size (2018 - 2023)
5.1.2 Argentina Alcoholic Beverage Market Size (2018 - 2023)
5.1.3 Rest of South America Alcoholic Beverage Market Size (2018 - 2023)
6. South America Alcoholic Beverage Market Competitive Landscape
6.1 Most Active Companies
6.2 Most adopted Strategies
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.2 Heineken Holdings NV
7.3 Kirin Holdings Company Limited
7.4 Anheuser-Busch InBev
7.6 Unión de Cervecerías Peruanas Backus y Johnston SAA
7.7 Pernod Ricard
7.8 Carlsberg Group