South America Anchors & Grouts Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|CAGR:||> 5 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
South America Anchors & Grouts Market Analysis
The South American anchors and grouts market is projected to register a CAGR of over 5% during the forecast period. The COVID-19 pandemic negatively impacted the anchors and grouts market in South America. During the pandemic, construction operations in the residential and non-residential segments were temporarily halted, reducing the region's consumption of anchors and grouts. After 2020, the market grew steadily owing to the growing construction activities within the region.
- In the short term, the growing demand for anchors and grouts from the construction industry will benefit the market demand.
- High pressure on existing infrastructure due to the rising population is another blooming opportunity for the anchor and grouts market.
- Regulations for VOC emissions and the inadequacy of skilled labor remains a constraint for the growth of the market studied.
- Brazil is expected to dominate the anchors and grouts market in South America and is also likely to witness the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
South America Anchors & Grouts Industry Segmentation
Anchors and grouts are mortar, cement, and resin-based compounds used in conjunction with anchoring processes to fill voids under stress and install permanent anchors and fixes. The South American anchors and grouts market is segmented by type, end-user industry, and geography. By type, the market is segmented into cementitious fixing, resin fixing, bedding mortars, and other types. By end-user industry, the market is segmented into residential, non-residential, and infrastructure. The report also covers the market size and forecasts for the anchors and grouts market in 3 countries across the South American region. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done based on revenue (USD million).
|Rest of South America|
South America Anchors & Grouts Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the South America Anchors & Grouts Market according to our research experts:
Growing Demand from the Non- Residential Segment
- Anchors and grouts are mostly seen in commercial, industrial, and institutional uses, as well as other non-residential applications. South America has a significant market share, with major countries such as Brazil, Argentina, and Chile boosting regional demand for anchors and grouts to new heights.
- Commercial construction includes the development of office buildings, schools, hospitals, museums, malls, and hotels, while industrial construction includes power plants, warehouses, and various industries. Additionally, buildings constructed by the government, semi-government organizations, or registered trusts, as well as schools, colleges, and universities, are examples of institutional construction.
- In São Paulo, Brazil, Brazilian Development Bank provided a loan amount of USD 570 million for the construction of Metro Line 6 in 2022. This trend is expected to support the studied market.
- According to the National Administrative Department of Statistics (Colombia), the area of commercial construction initiated in Columbia increased by more than one million square meters between 2020 and 2021.
- According to the Instituto Nacional de Estadstica y Censos (INDEC), construction activity in Argentina increased by 0.4% in May 2022 compared to the previous month. About 25% of the construction industry in Argentina is occupied by the commercial sector, while 75% is taken by the residential sector.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Brazil to Dominate the Market
- Brazil dominated the South American anchors and grouts market in 2021, with a substantial market share, and is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period.
- Anchors and grouts are used for sealing, masonry, and flooring in the repair and refurbishment work of residential and non-residential construction. Furthermore, Brazil has a substantial market share in these industries, allowing it to continue its dominance across South American countries.
- The Brazilian government has been working to increase private investments in roads and railway projects in the pipeline for the upcoming years. For instance, the government will issue tenders for 14 highway projects totaling USD 14.43 billion in 2022.
- According to Brazil's governmental internet portal, the Brazilian government spent BRL 866 million (~USD 169.62 million) on 762 infrastructure projects in 2021 to boost the country's infrastructure for tourism development.
- In São Paulo, Brazil, the construction of the Itapema Shard Tower Residential Complex of value USD 30 million project started in Q3 2021 and is expected to be completed in Q2 2023. This construction project is expected to increase the consumption of anchors and grouts within the country.
- According to World Bank data, Brazil's industry (including construction), value add (% of GDP) was 18.9% in 2021, compared to 17.7% in the previous year.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
South America Anchors & Grouts Industry Overview
The South American anchors and grouts market is fragmented. Some major players in the market (Not in any particular order) include MAPEI SpA, Sika AG, Bostik, BASF SE, and MBCC Group, among others.
South America Anchors & Grouts Market Leaders
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
South America Anchors & Grouts Market News
- In May 2022, Sika established a new manufacturing plant for construction chemicals in Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia, to enhance production capacity. This expansion is expected to increase the company's geographic presence in the regional market.
- In December 2021, Saint-Gobain and Cementos Argos agreed to develop mortar solutions as a joint venture. This joint venture merged Saint-Gobain's mortar technology with Argos' strong local presence to offer a vast range of solutions to the Colombian construction market.
South America Anchors & Grouts Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Demand for Anchors and Grouts from the Construction Industry
4.1.2 High Pressure on Existing Infrastructure due to Rising Population
4.2.1 Regulations for VOC Emissions and Inadequacy of Skilled Labor
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Cementitious Fixing
5.1.2 Resin Fixing
5.1.3 Bedding Mortars
5.1.4 Other Types
5.2 End-user Industry
5.3.4 Rest of South America
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 BASF SE
6.3.3 Five Star Products Inc.
6.3.4 Fosroc Inc.
6.3.5 GCP Applied Technologies Inc.
6.3.6 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
6.3.7 Laticrete International Inc.
6.3.8 Mapei SpA
6.3.9 MBCC Group
6.3.10 Selena Group
6.3.11 Sika AG
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
South America Anchors & Grouts Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The South America Anchors and Grouts Market market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of South America Anchors and Grouts Market?
The South America Anchors and Grouts Market is growing at a CAGR of >5% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in South America Anchors and Grouts Market?
MAPEI SpA , Sika AG , Bostik, BASF SE, MBCC Group are the major companies operating in South America Anchors and Grouts Market.
South America Anchors and Grouts Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 South America Anchors and Grouts market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. South America Anchors and Grouts analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.