North West Europe Diesel Generator Market Size
|Study Period:||2019 - 2028|
|CAGR:||> 3 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
North West Europe Diesel Generator Market Analysis
North West Europe diesel generators market is expected to register a CAGR of more than 3% during the forecast period 2022–2027. With the COVID-19 outbreak in Q1 2020, the market registered slower growth in investments and shutting down of facilities by smaller organizations with relatively weak financial positions, thus, reducing the total industrial manufacturing capacity. Factors such as increasing demand for continuous and reliable power supply, and increasing demand from the healthcare and construction sectors are likely to drive the North West Europe diesel generators market during the forecast period. However, geopolitical tensions and their impact on fuel imports and prices and rising renewable energy generation are anticipated to be major restraining factors in the growth of the North West Europe diesel generators market.
- The diesel segment is expected to witness significant demand during the forecast period, owing to its adoption by various end-users and its advantages when compared to dynamic pumps.
- Development of hybrid renewable energy systems is likely to create several opportunities for the electric generators market in the forecast period.
- The United Kingdom is expected to dominate the market, with a majority of the demand coming from various end-use industries across the country.
North West Europe Diesel Generator Industry Segmentation
The North West Europe Diesel Generator Market includes:
|Below 75 kVA|
|Above 350 kVA|
|Standby Backup Power|
|Prime Power and Peak Shaving Power|
|Rest of Northwest Europe|
North West Europe Diesel Generator Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the North West Europe Diesel Generator Market according to our research experts:
Industrial Sector to Dominate the Market
- Industrial operations are mainly dependent on electricity generated from diesel generators during power outages (to avoid production risks) and in regions where grid access is limited.
- The industrial sector, which includes mining, manufacturing, agriculture, and construction, accounts for the largest share of energy consumption, accounting for more than 50% during the forecast period. Therefore, the increasing demand for continuous and reliable power supply in industries like the pharmaceutical industries and manufacturing facilities, is expected to escalate the demand for diesel generators.
- However, the growth of industries in the North-western region of Europe has been focused on high-income service jobs and not on large-scale manufacturing industries. However, there are a few exceptions such as in the case of Steel and Automotive industries where Germany and the United Kingdom play a leading role. However, these markets have also been facing difficulties in growth especially as Chinese Steel and Electric vehicles capture the European markets.
- As of 2021, the European Union is the second largest producer of steel in the world after China. In 2021,its output was over 177 million tonnes of steel a year, accounting for 11% of global output. Mostly coming from Germany at 40.1 Metric ton. Steel industry is a major consumer of power and requires large of amount of reliable energy for steel manufacturing. Many countries like Germany still use diesel generators for the steel industry, which act as a backbone for country’s development work.
- Furthermore, government initiatives to expand the industrial sector, especially in the United Kingdom and Germany, are expected to continue propelling the demand for diesel generators over the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
The United Kingdom to Dominate the Market
- The United Kingdom is one of the most developed countries in the world. It is also one of the most industrialized countries in the European region with an ever-increasing demand for energy. With the increasing demand for energy, there is also an increasing need for an uninterrupted power supply among various sectors of the economy.
- The United Kingdom’s national grid requires power backup sources that can be used when there is peak demand. The National Grid Electricity Transmission (NGET) has been using Diesel generators (DG) sets to accommodate this peak demand and provide backup power to substations for key activities such as cooling fans, pumps, and lighting, enabling it to continue to perform its crucial role in the electricity transmission system.
- As of 2021, the new orders for construction across the United Kingdom have witnessed significant growth. The New housing public order includes 139.6 orders, New housing private 109.6, all new housing 111.6, and private industrial 167.8 orders. This is expected to drive the North West Europe diesel generators market.
- Backup generators are used at over 250 NGET sites across England and Wales, the majority of which are diesel-powered. These systems provide NGET with the resilience to recover from a loss of power supply event.
- There are various sectors such as agriculture, telecommunication, construction etc., within the United Kingdom that have generators being utilized on a regular basis.
- The construction activity around the country has been increasing in the past few months. The construction output increased by 1.1% in volume terms in January 2022 and is at its highest level since September 2019; this follows an increase of 2.0% in December 2021 and is the third consecutive monthly growth greater than 1.0%.
- The United Kingdom diesel generator market is expected to increase in the forecast period due to the increase in the electricity demand and the rising construction industry.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
North West Europe Diesel Generator Industry Overview
The North West Europe Diesel Generator Market is moderately fragmented. The key players in the market include Atlas Copco Ltd., Caterpillar Inc., Cummins Inc., AJ Power Ltd., and Kohler Co., among others.
North West Europe Diesel Generator Market Leaders
Atlas Copco Ltd.
AJ Power Ltd.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
North West Europe Diesel Generator Market News
- In December 2021, YANMAR has introduced a series of enhanced features to models in its portfolio of YDG Series generators in Europe to meet Stage V emissions standards. It features a host of engineering upgrades and is powered by a YANMAR air-cooled L-Series engine. The series includes the re-engineered YDG3700, which has four models with outputs from 3.3 to 3.7 kVA, as well as the YDG5500, which has four models with outputs from 5.1 to 5.8 kVA.
- In September 2021, Cummins Ireland has successfully delivered and installed 3 x C2500D5A model generator sets along with a complex fuel storage system, transformers, switchgear and DMC Master control system for standby power for one of Europe's largest pharmaceutical plants.
- In August 2021, MAN Rollo, based in the Netherlands, delivered three new Stage V generator sets namely, two LNG and one diesel set to Concordia Damen Shipyard for its Parsifal series LNG tankers.
North West Europe Diesel Generator Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Study Assumptions
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
4. MARKET OVERVIEW
4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast in USD billion, till 2027
4.3 Recent Trends and Developments
4.4 Government Policies and Regulations
4.5 Market Dynamics
4.6 Supply Chain Analysis
4.7 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.7.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.7.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.7.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.7.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.7.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Below 75 kVA
5.1.2 75-350 kVA
5.1.3 Above 350 kVA
5.3.1 Standby Backup Power
5.3.2 Prime Power and Peak Shaving Power
5.4.1 United Kingdom
5.4.5 Rest of Northwest Europe
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Atlas Copco Ltd.
6.3.2 Caterpillar Inc.
6.3.3 Cummins Inc.
6.3.4 AJ Power Ltd.
6.3.5 Kohler Co.
6.3.6 Enrogen Ltd.
6.3.7 Hyundai Power Products
6.3.8 PR INDUSTRIAL Srl
6.3.9 Inmesol SLU
6.3.10 Doosan Corporation
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
North West Europe Diesel Generator Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The North West Europe Diesel Generator Market is studied from 2019 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of North West Europe Diesel Generator Market?
The North West Europe Diesel Generator Market is growing at a CAGR of >3% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in North West Europe Diesel Generator Market?
Atlas Copco Ltd., Caterpillar Inc., Cummins Inc., AJ Power Ltd., Kohler Co. are the major companies operating in North West Europe Diesel Generator Market.
North West Europe Diesel Generator Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 North West Europe Diesel Generator market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. North West Europe Diesel Generator analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.