In USA, after the telecom bust in 2001 that hit the market badly, the telecom sector is recovering and is growing in the recent years. With the age of smartphones, the use of internet has grown exponentially. Everybody wants Internet on their phones, tabs, laptops etc. for different types of work. This has increased the demand for high speed Internet which the government has also realized and has started expanding the optical fiber network.
In 2013, more than 84% of the population used Internet in USA and in Canada more than 85% used Internet. This increase of Internet usage has helped the optical fibres industry.
Optical Sensors convert light rays into electronic signals. It measures physical quantity of light and translates into a value that can be read by an instrument. It has many applications like in research and development, manufacturing, defense, healthcare and process control. The market is still evolving with continuous innovations being done.
The market for sensors is also being driven by the growing penetration of smart devices. The demand for the smart devices is expected to maintain consistency in near future, so will be the demand for optical sensors.
The market is still innovating, with more companies focusing on new applications of this technology. Some of the major vendors mentioned in the report are Honeywell, Rockwell Automation, Atmel, Bosch and STMicroelectronics. Some of the other manufacturers of the optical sensor, who are serving this market in their own unique way mentioned in the report are OptiSense, Compact Imaging, Ocean Optics and Banpil Photonics.
What the Report Offers
1) Market definition for the Optical sensor market along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2) Market analysis for the Optical Sensor market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
5) Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the Optical Sensor market on both global and regional scale.
6) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
1) Vendors who are into manufacturing of these products as they can get an overview of what competitors are doing and also which markets they can look forward to expand their operations
2) Enterprises using this technology for usage in different products and services they provide
3) Investors who are willing to invest in this market
4) Consultants who can have readymade analysis to guide their clients 5) Anyone who wants to know about this industry
1.1 Key Deliverables of the study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key findings of the study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing demand for wide range of applications
4.2.2 Advancements in mobile technologies
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Lack of standardization
4.3.2 Lack of awareness and acceptability of optical sensors
4.4 Opportunities in the Optical sensors market
4.5 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces
4.6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.6.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.4 Threat of Substitute products or services
4.6.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing competitors
5. North America Optical Sensors Market - Segmented by Technology
5.1 Hyperspectral imaging
5.2 Near IR Spectroscopy
5.3 Photo-Acoustic Tomography
5.4 Optical Coherence Tomography
6. North America Optical Sensors Market - Segmented by Type
6.1 Fiber Optic Sensors
6.2 Image Sensors
6.3 Position Sensors
6.4 Ambient light and proximity sensors
6.4.1 Cadmium Sulfide
6.4.3 InGaAs Sensors
6.4.4 Extended InGaAs Sensors
6.5 Infrared Sensors
7. North America Optical Sensors Market - Segmented by Application
7.2 Consumer Electronics
7.6 Aerospace & Defence
7.7.1 4-pin Optocouplers
7.7.2 6-pin Optocouplers
7.7.3 High speed optocouplers
7.7.4 IGBT gate driver optocouplers
7.7.5 Isolation Amplifier Optocouplers
8. North America Optical Sensors Market - Segmented by Region
9. Company Profiles
9.1 Mouser Electronics Inc.
9.2 Sick AG
9.3 Rockwell Automation
9.4 Honeywell Inc.
9.5 Eaton Corporation
9.6 Turck inc.
9.7 Robert Bosch GmbH
9.8 Atmel Corporation
9.9 ST Microelecronics inc
9.10 Hitachi Ltd
9.11 Omnivision Inc.
10. Investment Analysis
10.1 Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
10.2 Investment Opportunities
11. Future of Optical Sensors Market