The North America agricultural films market is expected to grow at a slower pace at a CAGR of 5.5% over 2017-2022. Agricultural films are used extensively for soil protection, greenhouse farming, and mulching. The benefits derived include reduced soil erosion and compaction, temperature control, nutrient conservation, seed germination, weed control and protection against UV rays etc.
Agricultural films are treated as a modern day application used in many innovative agricultural practices. Focus on improvement of agricultural productivity in order to sustain the food demand of an expanding global population is the main reason behind the commercialization of these specialty products. Shrinking farm lands and popularity of greenhouse agriculture help the market to retain high growth. Product innovation that includes ultraviolet (UV) blocking, NIR blocking, fluorescent and ultra-thermic films would help the market to penetrate further over the forecast period.
Depending on the need and topography, various types of films are applied viz., low-density polyethylene, linear low-density polyethylene, high-density polyethylene, ethyl vinyl acetate (EVA)/ethylene butyl acrylate (EBA) and reclaims etc. Linear low-density polyethylene has the highest market penetration with the fastest growth rate. Low-density films are the second largest with more than one-fifth of the market share. By application, the market is segmented into greenhouse, silage, and mulch; out of these, mulching is leading with 40% of regional market share.
North America experiences growth in agricultural films demand as the region has adopted advanced farming techniques; led by the United States. Shifting focus of consumer towards biodegradable films acts as a major catalyst for this mature market. Canada and Mexico are the other two major markets in the region.
Key Industry Players
The North American market for agricultural films is highly fragmented. Major companies operating in the regional market with considerable market share are:
- AEP Industries Inc.
- Berry Plastics
- ExxonMobil Chemical
- Dow Chemical
Investment in R&D for product innovation is the major strategy followed by market players.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the North America agricultural films market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on national and regional scales.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a national and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the North America agricultural films market on both national and regional scales.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- Wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights into the major countries/regions in which this industry is growing and identifying the regions still untapped.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Definition of the Market
1.3 Report Description
2. Key Findings of the Study
3. Market Overview
3.1.1 Focus on Agricultural Productivity
3.1.2 Growing Food Demand and Shrinking Farm Land
3.1.3 Popularity of Greenhouse Agriculture
3.2.1 Environmental Safety Concerns over Disposables
3.2.2 Government Regulations
3.3.1 Development of Biodegradable PE Films and Other Innovations
3.3.2 Bio-Based Agricultural Films
3.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Type
4.1.1 Low-Density Polyethylene
4.1.2 Linear Low-Density Polyethylene
4.1.3 High-Density Polyethylene
4.1.4 Ethyl Vinyl Acetate (EVA)/Ethylene Butyl Acrylate (EBA)
4.1.6 Other Films
4.2 By Application
4.3 By Geography
4.3.1 North America
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
5.5 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 AB Rani Plast Oy
6.3 Berry Plastics Corporation
6.4 British Polythene Industries PLC
6.5 Britton Group
6.6 The Dow Chemical Company
6.7 Plastika Kritis S.A.
6.8 Novamont S.p.A.
6.9 Hyplast NV
6.10 Trioplast AB
6.11 ExxonMobil Chemical
6.12 Armando Alvarez Group
6.13 AEP Industries Inc.
6.14 Group Barbier
6.15 RKW SE
6.16 Al-Pack Enterprises Ltd.
6.17 Indveco Group
6.18 Achilles Corporation
6.19 A. Schulman Inc.
6.20 Polifilm GmbH