Netherlands Offshore Oil And Gas Decommissioning Market Size
|Study Period||2018- 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Forecast Data Period||2023 - 2028|
|Historical Data Period||2018 - 2021|
|CAGR||> 4.50 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Netherlands Offshore Oil And Gas Decommissioning Market Analysis
The Netherlands offshore oil and gas decommissioning market is expected to register a CAGR of more than 4.5% during the forecast period. The market was negatively impacted by the outbreak of COVID-19. Currently, the market has rebounded to pre-pandemic levels.
- Factors such as attractive government policies towards renewable energy and aging offshore infrastructure are expected to drive the Netherlands offshore oil and gas decommissioning market.
- However, decreased capital expenditure in the oil and gas industry is expected to have a negative impact on the Netherlands' offshore oil and gas decommissioning market.
- The Dutch government has planned to achieve zero carbon emissions by 2050, which is likely to promote oil and gas decommissioning. This is likely to create several opportunities for the Netherlands' offshore oil and gas decommissioning market in the future.
Netherlands Offshore Oil And Gas Decommissioning Market Trends
Shallow Water Expected to Dominate the Market
- As per the Netherlands' government, the depth of the water bed from the surface below 50 meters is considered to be shallow water. In the last century, many fields discovered when the technology to drill a deepwater well was not present are becoming mature and coming to their end-life. Most of these fields are in shallow water, which makes this segment the largest in the market.
- Moreover, there are many challenges to the safe and efficient decommissioning of aging oil and gas infrastructure. Given the maturity of many fields, both onshore and offshore, and current low commodity prices, expect a vast increase in decommissioning activity during the forecast period.
- In 2021, the country's total natural gas production was 18.1 billion cubic meters (bcm), which is lower than the production of 20.1 bcm in 2020. The country has been a leader in the production of natural gas for the past half-century. Oil and gas have traditionally been an essential source of revenue, but the recent trends of decreasing gas production are likely to drive the country's offshore oil and gas decommissioning market.
- The country's master plan of decommissioning and reuse, according to which an oil or gas offshore platform or infrastructure, if reusable, can be reused for renewable energy and, if not, is likely going to be dismantled. This is expected to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of decommissioning, reducing unnecessary costs while at the same time enhancing quality and safety sustainably.
- Therefore, owing to the above points, the shallow water segment is likely to dominate the Netherlands offshore oil and gas decommissioning market during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Increasing Renewable Energy Expected to Drive Market
- The Netherlands' energy consumption is expected to increase, and its gas reserves are also running out. Among other things, the country is expected to feel the need to switch to alternative energy sources for transport and heating. So the Dutch central government is taking steps to boost sustainable energy production and find smarter ways of using and saving energy, which is expected to drive the offshore oil and gas decommissioning market in the country.
- In 2022, the total installed capacity of renewable energy sources in the Netherlands' power sector was 32.84 gigawatts (GW), which was higher than the installed capacity of 2021, which was 23.59 GW. Renewable sources contributing to the country's energy generation include hydropower, wind energy, solar energy, biofuels, and energy waste.
- The government sees the business community as a key partner in achieving a low-carbon energy supply. So it is offering incentives like sustainable energy investment grants (ISDE) for heat pumps, solar water heating systems, biomass boilers, and pellet stoves for businesses to invest in sustainable energy.
- Subsidies such as the Stimulation of Sustainable Energy Production (SDE+) allow energy producers to receive financial compensation for the renewable energy they generate. It is not always profitable to produce renewable energy, as the cost is higher than the market price. This price difference is the unprofitable part. SDE+ compensated for the unprofitable component for some years.
Hence, owing to the above points, increasing renewable energy in the country is likely to drive the Dutch offshore oil and gas decommissioning market during the forecast period.
Netherlands Offshore Oil And Gas Decommissioning Industry Overview
The Netherlands offshore oil and gas decommissioning market is moderately fragmented. Some of the key players in this market (in no particular order) include Nexstep, Royal Boskalis Westminster N.V., Veolia Environnement SA, Saltwater Engineering B.V., and Neptune Energy.
Netherlands Offshore Oil And Gas Decommissioning Market Leaders
Royal Boskalis Westminster N.V
Veolia Environnement SA
Saltwater Engineering B.V.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Netherlands Offshore Oil And Gas Decommissioning Market News
- September 2022: Neptune Energy announced the award of a USD 30 million decommissioning contract to Well-Safe Solutions, for a campaign covering more than 20 wells located across eight Dutch and UK North Sea fields.
- October 2022: TotalEnergies and AF Offshore Decom signed a contract for the engineering, preparation, removal, transportation, dismantling, and recycling (EPRD) of 10 production platforms from the L7 field in the Dutch sector of the North Sea.
Netherlands Offshore Oil & Gas Decommissioning Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Study Assumptions
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
4. MARKET OVERVIEW
4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast in USD million, till 2028
4.3 Recent Trends and Developments
4.4 Government Policies and Regulations
4.5 Market Dynamics
4.6 Supply Chain Analysis
4.7 PESTLE Analysis
5. MARKET SEGEMENTATION BY DEPTH
5.1 Shallow Water
5.2 Deepwater and Ultra Deepwater
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers, Acquisitions, Collaboration and Joint Ventures
6.2 Strategies Adopted by Key Players
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.2 Royal Boskalis Westminster N.V.
6.3.3 Jumbo Offshore v.o.f.
6.3.4 ABB Ltd.
6.3.5 Neptune Energy
6.3.6 SALTWATER ENGINEERING B.V.
6.3.7 Jansen Recycling Group
6.3.8 Veolia Environnement SA
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES and FUTURE TRENDS
Netherlands Offshore Oil & Gas Decommissioning Market Research FAQs
What is the current Netherlands Offshore Oil and Gas Decommissioning Market size?
The Netherlands Offshore Oil and Gas Decommissioning Market is projected to register a CAGR of greater than 4.5% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in Netherlands Offshore Oil and Gas Decommissioning Market?
Nexstep, Royal Boskalis Westminster N.V, Veolia Environnement SA, Saltwater Engineering B.V. and Neptune Energy are the major companies operating in the Netherlands Offshore Oil and Gas Decommissioning Market.
Netherlands Offshore Oil and Gas Decommissioning Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Netherlands Offshore Oil And Gas Decommissioning market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Netherlands Offshore Oil And Gas Decommissioning analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2023 to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.