Middle East smart transformers market has been estimated at USD XX billion in 2016 and is projected to reach USD XX billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 5.2% during the forecast period from 2016 to 2021. Smart transformers are one of the ten most important emerging technologies of the past year. Smart transformers work both independently to regulate voltage constantly and maintain contact with the smart grid to allow remote administration if needed and to provide information and feedback about the power supply and the transformers themselves.
Through a process known as voltage optimization, a smart transformer provides the exact amount of power that is needed and responds instantly to fluctuations within the power grid, acting as a voltage regulator to ensure that the optimized voltage is undisturbed. Due to their ability to directly reduce energy consumption, smart transformers help in reducing greenhouse gas emissions, as well. This makes them an important part of any energy retrofit or lighting retrofit. While smart transformers immediately reduce power consumption by providing a stable, optimal power supply, they also protect electrical equipment from power fluctuations – thereby helping the equipment last longer.
The smart transformers market is driven by some factors, such as the increasing rate of industrialization, constantly growing demand for power, and changing power consumption patterns by households and corporations all over the world. The market has more relevance today as the need to address the changing power consumption patterns need to be addressed very carefully while balancing the need and the safety of the environment.
The Middle East smart transformers market can be broadly segmented by the application and type of the transformers. This technology has applications in smart grid, traction locomotives, and other small segments. By type, the market can be further segmented into distribution transformer, power transformer and instrument transformer.
Geographically, the market has been segmented into Saudi Arabia and the Rest of Middle East. The report also elucidates the statistics of each of the leading countries in the region.
The major companies dominating this market for its products, services, and continuous product developments are ABB, Alstom, Cooper Power Systems, Crompton Greaves, Eaton, GE, Gridco Systems, Howard Industries, Mitsubishi Electric, Schneider Electric, Siemens AG, Spx Transformer Solutions.
What the Report Offers
- Market analysis for the Middle East smart transformers market, with country-wise specific assessments and competition analysis.
- Market overview and identification of key drivers and restraints that influence the studied market.
- Country-wise analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Middle East smart transformers market.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities.
- Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and also identify the regions that are still untapped.
- Demand forecast for every segment of the studied market for the projected period.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies and their market share.
- Analysis of the current strategic interests and financial information of the major companies, along with the strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Methodology
3. Market Overview
3.2 Markets Covered
3.3 Market Demand to 2020
3.4 Recent Trends and Developments
4. Drivers, Constraints & Opportunities
4.1.1 Growing Demand for Power
4.1.2 Changing Power Consumption Patterns
4.1.3 Rate of Industrialization
4.2.1 New Power Transmission and Distribution Networks
4.2.2 High Efficient Transmission Networks
5. Smart Transformers Industry Value Chain Analysis
6. Porter’s Five Force Analysis
6.1 Bargaining Power of Supplier
6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
6.3 Threat of New Entrants
6.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
6.5 Degree of Competition
7. Middle East Smart Transformers Market Segmentation, by Geography
7.1 Middle East
7.1.2 Major Regions
188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
184.108.40.206.2 Market Size and Forecast
220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle East
18.104.22.168.2 Market Size and Forecast
8. Smart Transformers Market Segmentation, by Type
8.1 Overview and Introduction
8.2 Distribution Transformer
8.2.2 Market Size and Forecast
8.3 Power Transformer
8.3.2 Market Size and Forecast
8.4 Instrument Transformer
8.4.2 Market Size and Forecast
9. Smart Transformers Market Segmentation, by Application
9.1 Overview and Introduction
9.2 Smart Grid
9.2.2 Market Size and Forecast
9.3 Traction Locomotive
9.3.2 Market Size and Forecast
9.4.2 Market Size and Forecast
10. Key Company Analysis
10.3 Cooper Power Systems
10.4 Crompton Greaves
10.7 Gridco Systems
10.8 Howard Industries
10.9 Mitsubishi Electric
10.10 Schneider Electric
10.11 Siemens AG
10.12 Spx Transformer Solutions
11. Competitive Landscape
11.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
11.2 Joint Ventures, Collaborations and Agreements
11.3 Market Share Analysis
12.1 Contact Us