Machine-to-Machine Services Market Size
|Market Size (2024)
|USD 84.20 Billion
|Market Size (2029)
|USD 250.95 Billion
|CAGR (2024 - 2029)
|Fastest Growing Market
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Machine-to-Machine Services Market Analysis
The Machine To Machine Services Market size is estimated at USD 84.20 billion in 2024, and is expected to reach USD 250.95 billion by 2029, growing at a CAGR of 24.41% during the forecast period (2024-2029).
The world is moving toward industry 4.0, where analytics, artificial intelligence (AI), and the internet of things (IoT) are expected to drive intelligence, decision-making, and productivity. In return, this creates a huge opportunity for the machine-to-machine services market.
- Machine-to-machine (M2M) communications, also known as a machine-type communication (MTC), typically refer to the exchange of sensed data or information and decision-making by a group of collaborating machines without human involvement. M2M technology enables a sizable number of devices to be interconnected through the internet, which has resulted in recent rapid development. It can be a favorable enabling key for many fields, particularly the internet of things (IoT) and fifth-generation (5G) networks.
- Following this, the adoption of wired or wireless connectivity across different industries is also fueling the market. In addition, the penetration of high-speed internet connectivity and the growing adoption of new connectivity technologies, such as 4G/LTE and 5G, is further driving the growth of the M2M connections market.
- Apart from connectivity, increasing software application integration for product enhancements and adoption of various technologies in manufacturing products for cost-effectiveness and to meet safety regulations are the factors that are expected to support the growth. The growing strategic developments, such as acquisitions and partnerships, are analyzed to boost the market growth rate during the forecast period.
- For instance, in February 2022, Sensata Technologies announced the acquisition of Elastic M2M Inc., a privately held innovator of connected intelligence for operational assets in the heavy-duty transport, warehousing, supply chain and logistics, industrial, light-duty passenger car, and numerous other business segments. With the help of Elastic M2M's cloud platform and analytics capabilities, telematics service providers ("TSPs") and resellers can employ sensor-based operational data to inform their end users.
- Further, in May 2022, Sensorise Digital Services, an M2M communication brand, was acquired by Rosmerta Group. By integrating the financial and technological strength of Rosmerta Group in the M2M and IoT arena, Sensorise is therefore prepared for the next expansion stage.
- However, on the contrary, the high cost of installation of this technology and its maintenance are some of the challenges the market faces, restraining its growth.
Machine-to-Machine Services Market Trends
Telecom Industry to Witness Significant Growth Among Other End-user Verticals
- M2M systems employ point-to-point communications between hardware, sensors, and machines across wireless or wired networks. Cellular-based M2M is added connectivity process among different sim-enabled machines to provide connectivity over multiple wireless networks. Cellular M2M value-added services are being incorporated in many enterprises to ensure operational efficiency and minimize losses associated with operational breaches.
- The cellular-based (M2M) is expected to grow during the forecast period because of the introduction of government policies, which enable wider deployment of cellular M2M in key sectors, such as utilities, smart cities, automotive, and healthcare.
- In September 2022, The Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (IITD) and the Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT), the country's prominent telecom R&D facility, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for collaboration in several telecom-related fields, including IoT/M2M, AI/ML, cyber security, and 5G and beyond technologies. C-DOT has engaged in several advanced R&D projects that have resulted in the development of a wide range of products that encompass a variety of technologies in the areas of optical, switching, wireless, security, network management, and cutting-edge telecom software applications. In partnership with local businesses, academics, and startups, C-DOT has played a key role in creating domestic 4G & 5G systems.
- This MoU attempts to build a mutually beneficial framework for R&D and academic cooperation on encouraging the design and development of entirely indigenous telecom solutions. The platform would catalyze to accelerate the development of innovative concepts into products ready for market.
Asia-Pacific to Witness the Fastest Growth
- Asia-pacific is analyzed to grow at the highest growth rate during the forecast period owing to the adoption of digital technologies in countries such as China, India, etc. Technological advancements like IoT, AI, and Cloud contribute to market growth.
- According to a three-year plan jointly released by ten government entities in July 2021, China plans to develop 560 million 5G mobile customers by the end of 2023 and increase the penetration rate of fast wireless technology among large industrial firms to 35%. By the end of 2023, China hopes to have reached a 40 percent penetration rate of 5G among individual consumers, with 5G data making up more than half of all online traffic.
- Further, with the introduction of 5G connectivity in India, various new opportunities are developed to boost the efficiency and security of online transactions and Machine-to-Machine (M2M) transactions. Indeed, one of the primary goals of the Internet of Things (IoT) is to enable businesses to develop automated systems employing Artificial Intelligence (AI) for applications ranging from home appliance management to smart meters and traffic lights. The industry must also specify the parameters of connected technology security regarding devices, connection, secure deployment, and physical security.
- Further, government initiatives, like smart cities, smart meters, and policies, enabling a wider deployment of cellular M2M initiatives will help the M2M services market to grow.
- For instance, in February 2022, The Department of Telecom mandated all machine-to-machine service providers to register with the department to address security concerns and interface with telecom companies, among other things. With 5G on the horizon and massive development projects in the M2M/IoT sector, these rules will boost the growth of the communication sector. Additionally, this will encourage companies to create a wide range of innovative applications and solutions for the benefit of citizens.
Machine-to-Machine Services Industry Overview
The competitive landscape for the Machine to Machine (M2M) services market is highly competitive and fragmented because of the presence of many major players. The players in this market are highly innovative. Product launches, high expenses on research and development, partnerships and acquisitions, etc., are the prime growth strategies these companies adopt to sustain the intense competition. Key market players in the global market are Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd, Cisco Systems Inc., Google Inc., Intel Corporation, IBM, and other prominent players.
In Decmber 2023 : Zebra Technologies has announced the launch of Zebra mobile device and software packaged solutions designed to help Verizon Private 5G customers reap the benefits of their networks even faster. Zebra rugged enterprise tablets and mobile computers are purpose-built to simplify processes for frontline workers in transportation and logistics, retail, manufacturing, and other industries
In November 2023 : Telenor and Ericsson join forces to pioneer the usage of AI and Machine Learning Research for a Sustainable and Smarter Future, The collaboration between Telenor and Ericsson under this collobration underscores the shared commitment of both companies to harnessing the potential of AI and ML in a responsible manner to unlock the potential for the customer.
In October 2022, Bharti Airtel ("Airtel"), India's major telecommunications services provider, announced the implementation of the "Always On" IoT connectivity solution in the country. Dual profile M2M eSIM, part of Airtel's "Always On" service, enables an IOT device to maintain a mobile network connection from several Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) in the eSIM. GSMA-compliant technology from Airtel, flexible API-based eSim lifecycle management on the feature-rich Airtel IoT Hub, and full compliance with Department of Telecom (DoT) M2M requirements all contribute to the company's ability to meet future needs.
Machine-to-Machine Services Market Leaders
International Business Machine Corporation
Verizon Communications Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Machine-to-Machine Services Market News
- November 2023 : Ericsson has launched an intelligent, cloud-native transport controller that uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to analyze and automate microwave, IP and optical networks, providing communications service providers (CSPs) with an advanced solution for maximizing mobile transport network efficiency.
- Februray 2023 : A5G Networks, Inc. has, announced its partnership with Intel® Smart Edge, a Kubernetes-based edge computing platform for deploying edge networks and delivering multi-access edge computing (MEC) for applications, containers, and virtual machines. It's wrapped in a user-friendly platform designed to give nontechnical users the keys to their edge computing platform.
- June 2022: STMicroelectronics launched the ST4SIM-201 embedded SIM (eSIM) for machine-to-machine (M2M) communication, which complies with the most recent 5G network access standards, M2M security, and flexible remote provisioning and management. The ST4SIM-201 is compatible with ETSI/3GPP release 16 and can connect to 5G standalone (SA) networks. Additionally, it can connect to networks powered by 3G, 4G, and low-power wide-area (LPWA) technologies like LTE-M and narrowband Internet of Things.
- June 2022: M2M Germany announces a collaboration with Wattsense, a French technology company that has successfully built connectivity solutions and IT infrastructures for building management. M2M has developed into a full-service provider for digitizing buildings due to the rise in IoT sensor networks, including LoRaWAN, and the exponential growth of machine-to-machine (M2M) communication and smart networking. The Wattsense system is simple to integrate, connect to the Cloud, and run using a software-as-a-service (SaaS) business model. It supports 11 major field communication protocols.
Machine-to-Machine Services Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Rapid Technological Advancements
5.1.2 Increasing Number of Connected Devices
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Lack of Standardization
5.2.2 Huge Delivery Cost
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Type
6.1.1 Managed Service
6.1.2 Professional Service
6.2 By End User
6.2.2 Banking and Financial Institution
6.2.3 Telecom and IT Industry
6.2.6 Oil and Gas
6.3 By Geography
6.3.1 North America
6.3.4 Latin America
6.3.5 Middle East & Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 International Business Machine Corporation
7.1.2 Rogers Communications Inc.
7.1.3 Cstar Technologies Inc
7.1.4 Nokia Corp (Alcatel-Lucent S.A.)
7.1.5 Comarch Inc
7.1.6 Cisco System Inc
7.1.7 Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd
7.1.8 Intel Corporation
7.1.9 Thales Group (Gemalto NV)
7.1.10 Amdocs Inc
7.1.11 EE Ltd
7.1.12 Verizon Communications Inc
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Machine-to-Machine Services Market Research FAQs
How big is the Machine To Machine Services Market?
The Machine To Machine Services Market size is expected to reach USD 84.20 billion in 2024 and grow at a CAGR of 24.41% to reach USD 250.95 billion by 2029.
What is the current Machine To Machine Services Market size?
In 2024, the Machine To Machine Services Market size is expected to reach USD 84.20 billion.
Who are the key players in Machine To Machine Services Market?
International Business Machine Corporation, Intel Corporation, Ericsson, Verizon Communications Inc. and Nokia Corp. are the major companies operating in the Machine To Machine Services Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Machine To Machine Services Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2024-2029).
Which region has the biggest share in Machine To Machine Services Market?
In 2024, the North America accounts for the largest market share in Machine To Machine Services Market.
What years does this Machine To Machine Services Market cover, and what was the market size in 2023?
In 2023, the Machine To Machine Services Market size was estimated at USD 63.65 billion. The report covers the Machine To Machine Services Market historical market size for years: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the Machine To Machine Services Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
Machine-to-Machine Services Industry Report
Statistics for the 2024 Machine To Machine (M2M) Services market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Machine To Machine (M2M) Services analysis includes a market forecast outlook for 2024 to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.