Italy Animal Protein Industry Overview
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Largest Share by End User:||Food and Beverages|
|Fastest Growing by End User:||Personal Care and Cosmetics|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Italy Animal Protein Market Analysis
The Italy Animal Protein Market stood at 136.54 million usd in 2021 and is projected to register a CAGR of 3.85% to reach 164.91 million usd in 2026.
- Largest Segment by Product Type - Gelatin : Demand for skin-boosting foods has surged the demand for gelatin, making it the leading segment. By form, the segment is majorly dominated by animal-sourced gelatin.
- Largest Segment by End User - Food and Beverages : Increased demand for healthy foods, especially skin-boosting foods, has driven the animal protein demand in the F&B sector, making it the leader in the end-user category.
- Largest Segment by Product Type - Collagen : Collagen possesses multi-functionalities and contributes to enhanced muscle growth. Thus, the supplement industry, mainly for sports nutrition, drives the segmental growth.
- Fastest growing segment by End User - Personal Care and Cosmetics : Protein-enriched skin, body, and hair care products are on the rise. Players offering protein ingredients with distinct concentrations as per requirements boost the segment.
Italy Animal Protein Industry Segments
|By Protein Type|
|Casein and Caseinates|
|Other Animal Protein|
|By End User|
|Personal Care and Cosmetics|
Italy Animal Protein Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Italy Animal Protein Market according to our research experts:
Largest Segment By End User : <span style="font-family: 'regular_bold';color:#0e7db3;">Food and Beverages</span>
- Animal protein had major applications in the food and beverages segment of the market in 2020, followed by supplements. The food and beverages segment is majorly driven by the bakery and RTE/RTC food products sub-segments. Major producers like General Mills are launching whey protein-enriched dairy-based snacks in a variety of tastes.
- The confectionery sub-segment has major applications of animal proteins in the form of gelatin and caseins & caseinates. However, gelatin highly dominates the segment with its use as a gelling agent, stabilizer, and whipping ingredient in distinct products, including marshmallows.
- Product innovations are also fueling the growth of protein applications. For example, Tirol Milch, a well-known German brand in Italy, recently launched Latella l.i.f.e., a whey drink that claims to aid in weight management.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Italy Animal Protein Market Competitor Analysis
The Italy Animal Protein Market is fragmented, with the top five companies occupying 12.09%. The major players in this market are Agrial Group, Arla Foods amba, Darling Ingredients Inc., Fonterra Co-operative Group Limited and Lactoprot Deutschland GmbH (sorted alphabetically).
Italy Animal Protein Market Top Players
Arla Foods amba
Darling Ingredients Inc.
Fonterra Co-operative Group Limited
Lactoprot Deutschland GmbH
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Italy Animal Protein Market Recent Developments
- February 2021: Lactalis Ingredients launched a new Pronativ Native Micellar Casein, marketed as a pure and natural protein. It uses a cold filtration method to extract whey directly from milk without adding additives or chemicals.
- January 2021: Rousselot, a Darling Ingredients’ brand producing collagen-based solutions, launched MSC-certified marine collagen peptides, Peptan®, at the virtual Beauty & Skincare Formulation Conference 2021. This ingredient is sourced from 100% wild-caught marine white fish, certified by the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC), and is majorly used in premium nutricosmetics and dietary supplements. The ingredient is produced in the Rousselot facilities in France but is available across the world. The major driving factor behind the launch is the rising new product developments with collagen sourced from wild-caught ocean fish and the rising demand for fish collagen beauty and dietary supplement products.
- January 2021: Darling Ingredients acquired the remaining 50% stake of the insect protein company EnviroFlight.
Italy Animal Protein Market Report - Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary & Key Findings
2.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
2.2 Scope of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3. Key Industry Trends
3.1 End User Market
3.2 Per Capita Animal Protein Consumption
3.3 Raw Material/Commodity Production
3.4 Regulatory Framework
3.5 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Protein Type
4.1.1 Casein and Caseinates
4.1.3 Egg Protein
4.1.5 Insect Protein
4.1.6 Milk Protein
4.1.7 Whey Protein
4.1.8 Other Animal Protein
4.2 By End User
4.2.1 Animal Feed
4.2.2 Personal Care and Cosmetics
4.2.3 Food and Beverages
126.96.36.199 Breakfast Cereals
188.8.131.52 Dairy and Dairy Alternative Products
184.108.40.206 RTE/RTC Food Products
220.127.116.11 Baby Food and Infant Formula
18.104.22.168 Elderly Nutrition and Medical Nutrition
22.214.171.124 Sport/Performance Nutrition
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Key Strategic Moves
5.2 Market Share Analysis
5.3 Company Profiles
5.3.1 Agrial Group
5.3.2 Arla Foods amba
5.3.3 Carbery Food Ingredients Limited
5.3.4 Darling Ingredients Inc.
5.3.5 Fonterra Co-operative Group Limited
5.3.6 Groupe Lactalis
5.3.7 Italgelatine S.p.A.
5.3.8 Jellice Group
5.3.9 Lactoprot Deutschland GmbH
5.3.11 Lapi Gelatine SpA
6.1 Appendix-1 References
6.2 Appendix-2 List of Tables & Figures
7. Key Strategic Questions for Proteins CEOs
Italy Animal Protein Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Italy Animal Protein Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Italy Animal Protein Market?
The Italy Animal Protein Market is growing at a CAGR of 3.85% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Italy Animal Protein Market?
Food and Beverages is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Italy Animal Protein Market?
Personal Care and Cosmetics holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Italy Animal Protein Market?
Agrial Group, Arla Foods amba, Darling Ingredients Inc., Fonterra Co-operative Group Limited, Lactoprot Deutschland GmbH are the major companies operating in Italy Animal Protein Market.
Italy Animal Protein Industry Reports
In-depth industry statistics and market share insights of the Italy Animal Protein sector for 2020, 2021, and 2022. The Italy Animal Protein research report provides a comprehensive outlook of the market size and an industry growth forecast for 2023 to 2028. Available to download is a free sample file of the Italy Animal Protein report PDF.