Whey protein is traditionally a by-product of cheese manufacturing. Whey has come a long way, from a just a by-product to a highly concentrated protein solution, to become one of the most sophisticated industry. It is a mixture of Beta-lactoglobulin, Alpha-lactalbumin, Bovine serum albumin and Immunoglobins. High end technologies are being employed to manufacture valuable Whey derivatives from milk. Health conscious consumers, with a greater need of body protein intake, are the major demand center for the products here.
Italy is a highly developed market in the dairy sector. Being the leader of cheese production, Whey production is very high in the region. However, limited other food industries and subsequently limited demand in the country resulted in a small market for Whey protein, with merely XX% of the European market share. Italian population is more inclined towards ancestral and original foods making them prefer raw or freshly prepared cheese over the Whey supplement, in turn resulting in a slower market growth rate.
Fonterra, Glanbia Nutritionals, Hilmar Ingredients, Adams food, Unilever are some major players in the industry. Their product portfolio, research & development, strategic initiatives and commitment towards meeting consumer's demands play a major role maintaining market stability.
In this report we offer,
- Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the Italy Whey Protein Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and a regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies, which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
- Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the Italy Whey Protein market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Why should you buy this report?
- For getting a comprehensive overview of the Italy Whey Protein market.
- To gain wide-ranging information about the major players in this industry and the strategies adopted by them.
- To gain an insight about the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and also identify the regions, which are untapped.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Definition of the Market
1.3 Report Description
2. Key findings of the study
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Rising demand for dairy alternatives/Ingredients
3.1.2 Health and wellness trends driving the need for supplement diet
3.2.1 EFSA defined regulation
3.2.2 Health/safety concerns when use is not regulated
3.3.1 Demand for high quality protein supplements by food industry
3.3.2 Demand for personal care products
3.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Type
4.1.1 Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC)
4.1.2 Whey Protein Isolate (WPI)
4.1.3 Hydrolyzed Whey Protein (HWP)
4.2 By Application
4.2.1 Functional Foods
126.96.36.199 Infant Formula
188.8.131.52 Dairy Products
4.2.2 Functional Beverages
184.108.40.206 Wine Whey
4.2.3 Dietary Supplements
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Most active companies in the past five years
5.5 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Fontera Co-Operative group
6.2 Glanbia Nutritionals
6.3 Hilmar Ingredients
6.4 Adams food
6.7 Hippwerk Gmbh
6.9 August Storck
6.10 Bulk Powders Co