Iran Telecom Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Iran Telecom Market Analysis
Iran Telecom Market revenue is expected at a CAGR of 2.21% over the next five years. The key telecom companies, such as Telecommunication Company of Iran (TCI), Mobile Communications Iran (MCI), and MTN Irancell, are based in Iran and promote innovation by making significant R&D investments consistently.
- The transition to 4G and 5G is still rising in the country due to expanding new networks and the expansion of the device ecosystem. Key players in the telecom market are investing in expanding their network capacity and improving the quality of mobile broadband services through deploying LTE networks.
- 5G services are slowly deploying in Iran. For Instance, MTN Irancell launched 5G services in Tehran. In the Future, all the customers will slowly migrate from 3G and 4G networks to the 5G network.
- The government of Iran is planning to extend its FTTH (fiber-to-the-home) service to more than 20 million premises by the end of 2025. Such a government's timely initiative will further support the growth of the telecom market.
- Fixed broadband penetration will grow over the next five years, driven by the efforts from the operators and the government to expand broadband coverage across the country. For Instance, TCI has laid fiber optic cables in several areas in Tehran and other major cities, replacing copper cables with fiber cables to offer high-speed broadband services for customers.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic and post-COVID-19 scenario, most people preferred work-from-home mode, thus increasing broadband subscribers. Wireless and wired broadband services can provide high-speed internet services. Key players in the market focused on expanding their broadband services that support 5G networks.
Iran Telecom Industry Segmentation
Telecom or telecommunication is the long-range transmission of information by electromagnetic means.
Iran's Telecom Market includes in-depth trend analysis based on connectivity like Fixed Networks, Mobile Networks, and Telecom Towers. The telecom services are divided into Voice Services (Wired and Wireless), Data and Messaging Services, OTT, and PayTV Services. Several factors, including an increasing demand for 5G, likely drive the adoption of telecom services.
The market sizes and forecasts are provided in terms of value (USD million) for all the above segments.
|Data and Messaging Services (Coverage to include Internet & Handset Data packages, Package Discounts)|
|OTT and PayTV Services|
Iran Telecom Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Iran Telecom Market according to our research experts:
Rising Demand for Wireless Services
- Across the Middle Eastern region, Iran has the largest population. Since the population is more, the demand for wireless telecom services will significantly grow.
- Iran's telecom market made further strides in expanding its network capacity with fiber cable-based wireless deployments. For Instance, Shatel offers high-speed Internet Service on a wireless platform using PTMP (point-to-multipoint communication) Technology.
- According to TCI, the mobile broadband penetration rate was 61.25% last year. In the future, the demand for wireless broadband services will grow significantly and thus create new growth opportunities for the telecom market.
- Key players in the telecom market are taking initiatives to deploy 4G wireless services in Iran. For Instance, MTN Irancell offers customers 4G and 4.5G internet services. In the future, the demand for deploying 5G wireless solutions will significantly grow with the increasing adoption of smartphone connections.
- Government authorities are working with private telecom service providers to expand wireless broadband connections. According to Ookla Speedtest Global Index, Iran ranked 147th with a median fixed broadband download speed of 10.44 Mbps in September 2022.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Rising Demand for OTT and PayTV Services
- The contribution of local cable tv and PayTV services providers is high in Iran. Since Iran has a regulatory framework, not all OTT service providers are allowed to provide OTT services in Iran.
- Pay-TV services revenue will drop in the next five years because of a steady decline in DTH subscriptions and emerging competition from OTT service providers.
- According to TCI, Iran's Mobile penetration rate last year was 88.7%. Since the mobile penetration rate is growing significantly over the next five years, the demand for OTT services will grow.
- According to GSMA, the smartphone adoption rate in the country was 69% in 2021, and it is expected to reach 76% in 2026. Adults in the country are increasingly using smartphones for entertainment at home. The increasing smartphone adoption will further increase the demand for OTT services.
- Over the next five years, customers will slowly migrate from PayTv services to OTT services, thus creating new growth opportunities for the telecom market. According to Ookla Speedtest Global Index, Iran ranked 54th with a median mobile download speed of 35.36 Mbps.
Iran Telecom Industry Overview
Iran's telecom market is moderately fragmented due to the ongoing partnerships and recent advancements in the market. Some major players in the market studied include Telecommunication Company of Iran (TCI), Mobile Communications Iran (MCI), MTN Irancell, Rightel, and Shatel.
- July 2021: MTN Irancell increased its new spectrum in the 2.3GHz band. The new spectrum band will support 4G services.
- June 2021: Iran's ICT Ministry began controlling the Telecommunication Infrastructure Company (TIC). The government of Iran took full control of the country's fixed internet infrastructure with the help of the Telecommunication Infrastructure Company (TIC).
Iran Telecom Market Leaders
Telecommunication Company of Iran (TCI)
Mobile Communications Iran (MCI)
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Iran Telecom Market News
- February 2022: Iran’s Ministry of ICT launched a new project to deploy fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) infrastructure for more than 20 million homes and businesses by August 2025.
- May 2022: Mobile Communication Company of Iran (MCI) expanded its 5G coverage to the island of Kish. 5G services can offer high-speed connectivity services for customers.
Iran Telecom Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Ecosystem Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness-Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.4 COVID-19 Impact on the Industry Ecosystem
4.5 Regulatory Landscape in Iran
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Rising demand for 5G
5.1.2 Growth of IoT usage in Telecom
5.2 Market Restrain
5.2.1 The emergence of stiff competition is a concern for the industry
5.3 Analysis of the Market based on Connectivity (Coverage to include In-depth Trend Analysis)
5.3.1 Fixed Network
220.127.116.11 Broadband (Cable modem, wireline-fiber, wireline DSL, fixed Wi-Fi ), Trends regarding ADSL/VDSL, FTTP/B, cable modem, FWA, and 5G FWA )
5.3.2 Mobile Network
18.104.22.168 Smartphone and mobile penetration
22.214.171.124 Mobile Broadband
126.96.36.199 2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G Connections
188.8.131.52 Smart Home IoT and M2M connections
5.4 Analysis of Telecom Towers (Coverage to include In-depth Trend Analysis of Various Types of Towers, like, Lattice, Guyed, Monopole, and Stealth Towers)
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Services
6.1.1 Voice Services
6.1.2 Data and Messaging Services (Coverage to include Internet & Handset Data packages, Package Discounts)
6.1.3 OTT and PayTV Services
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Telecommunication Company of Iran (TCI)
7.1.2 Mobile Communications Iran (MCI)
7.1.3 MTN Irancell
7.1.10 Taliya Communications
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OUTLOOK OF THE MARKET
Iran Telecom Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Iran Telecom Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Iran Telecom Market?
The Iran Telecom Market is growing at a CAGR of 2.21% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Iran Telecom Market?
Telecommunication Company of Iran (TCI), Mobile Communications Iran (MCI), MTN Irancell, Rightel, Shatel are the major companies operating in Iran Telecom Market.
Iran Telecom Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Iran Telecom market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Iran Telecom analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.