|Study Period:||2015 - 2027|
|Largest Share by Vehicle Type:||Passenger Vehicles|
|Fastest Growing by Vehicle Type:||Motorcycles|
The Iran Automotive Engine Oils Market stood at 497.12 million liters in 2022 and is projected to register a CAGR of NaN% to reach NaN liters in 2027.
- Largest Segment by Vehicle Type - Passenger Vehicles : The passenger vehicle segment is the largest market for automotive engine oils in Iran due to the large active passenger vehicle parc, sales volumes, and usage activity.
- Fastest Segment by Vehicle Type - Motorcycles : Following the COVID-19 outbreak, there has been a dramatic increase in used motorcycle sales in Iran, which is likely drive engine oil consumption in the next few years.
Scope of the Report
|By Vehicle Type|
Key Market Trends
Largest Segment By Vehicle Type : Passenger Vehicles
- In Iran, engine oils accounted for about 93% of overall automotive lubricants in 2020. During 2015-2019, engine oil consumption increased at a CAGR of over 2.5%. The growing active vehicle fleet in the country was the key driver for this trend.
- In 2020, the COVID-19 outbreak led to a massive decline in the usage rate of the existing vehicle fleets in the country, which led to 7.28% dip in engine oil consumption. Passenger vehicle (PV) segment recorded the largest decline of 7.65% in engine oil consumption during the year, over 2019.
- During 2021-2026, the motorcycles segment is expected to register highest growth of 3.41% in the engine oil consumption, followed by PV segment (2.34%). The growth in motorcycles segment is likely to be driven by strong demand for mopeds and motorcycles in the country over the next five years.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
The Iran Automotive Engine Oils Market is fairly consolidated, with the top five companies occupying 79.72%. The major players in this market are Behran Oil Company, Iranol Oil Company, Pardis Engine Oil Company, Pars Oil Company and Sepahan Oil Company (sorted alphabetically).
- January 2021: All of Iranol's products would be available on the Iran Mercantile Exchange and Iran Energy Exchange, resulting in greater financial transparency for the company and a significant contribution to the country's financial stability.
- August 2020: Iranol Oil Co. unveiled its latest product, Euro Diesel, that is designed for use in large diesel engines and meets the Euro 5 emission standard or below.
- February 2019: Iranol Oil Co. introduced MOTORO motorcycle engine oil developed to protect the integrated combination of engine and gearbox found in a variety of 4-stroke engine motorcycles.
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary & Key Findings
2.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
2.2 Scope of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3. Key Industry Trends
3.1 Automotive Industry Trends
3.2 Regulatory Framework
3.3 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Vehicle Type
4.1.1 Commercial Vehicles
4.1.3 Passenger Vehicles
4.2 By Product Grade
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Key Strategic Moves
5.2 Market Share Analysis
5.3 Company Profiles
5.3.2 AZAR RAVAN SAZ (Petronol)
5.3.3 Behran Oil Company
5.3.5 Ghatran Kaveh Motor Oil Co.
5.3.6 Iranol Oil Company
5.3.7 LIQUI MOLY
5.3.8 Pardis Engine Oil Company
5.3.9 Pars Oil Company
5.3.10 Sepahan Oil Company
6.1 Appendix-1 References
6.2 Appendix-2 List of Tables & Figures
7. Key Strategic Questions for Lubricants CEOs
List of Tables & Figures
VEHICLE POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, IRAN, 2015 - 2026
COMMERCIAL VEHICLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, IRAN, 2015 - 2026
MOTORCYCLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, IRAN, 2015 - 2026
PASSENGER VEHICLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, IRAN, 2015 - 2026
IRAN AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2015-2026
IRAN AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
IRAN AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, COMMERCIAL VEHICLES, 2015-2026
IRAN AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, COMMERCIAL VEHICLES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
IRAN AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, MOTORCYCLES, 2015-2026
IRAN AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, MOTORCYCLES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
IRAN AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, 2015-2026
IRAN AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, PASSENGER VEHICLES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
IRAN AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT GRADE, 2020
IRAN AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, MOST ACTIVE COMPANIES, BY NUMBER OF STRATEGIC MOVES, 2018 - 2021
IRAN AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, MOST ADOPTED STRATEGIES, 2018 - 2021
IRAN AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET SHARE(%), BY MAJOR PLAYERS, 2020
- Vehicle Types - Passenger Vehicles, Commercial Vehicles and Motorcycles are the vehicle types considered under the automotive lubricants market.
- Product Types - For the purpose of this study, lubricant products such as engine oils, transmission oils, greases and hydraulic fluids are taken into consideration.
- Service Refill - Service refill is the primary factor considered while accounting the lubricant consumption for each of the vehicle segments, under the study.
- Factory Fill - First lubricant fill-ups for newly produced vehicles are considered.
Mordor Intelligence follows a four-step methodology in all our reports.
- Step-1: Identify Key Variables: The quantifiable key variables (industry and extraneous) pertaining to the specific product segment and country are selected from a group of relevant variables & factors based on desk research & literature review; along with primary expert inputs. These variables are further confirmed through regression modeling (wherever required).
- Step-2: Build a Market Model: In order to build a robust forecasting methodology, the variables and factors identified in Step-1 are tested against available historical market numbers. Through an iterative process, the variables required for market forecast are set and the model is built on the basis of these variables.
- Step-3: Validate and Finalize: In this important step, all market numbers, variables and analyst calls are validated through an extensive network of primary research experts from the market studied. The respondents are selected across levels and functions to generate a holistic picture of the market studied.
- Step-4: Research Outputs: Syndicated Reports, Custom Consulting Assignments, Databases & Subscription Platforms