|Study Period:||2015 - 2027|
|Largest Share by Product Type:||Engine Oils|
|Fastest Growing by Product Type:||Transmission Oils|
The Iran Passenger Vehicles Lubricants Market stood at 355.98 million liters in 2022 and is projected to register a CAGR of NaN% to reach NaN liters in 2027.
- Largest Segment by Product Type - Engine Oils : Engine oil is the leading product type due to its high volume requirements and shorter drain intervals, as it is used in high-temperature and high-pressure applications.
- Fastest Segment by Product Type - Transmission Oils : In Iran, the predicted rebound in passenger vehicle imports and sales beginning in 2021 is expected to increase grease consumption at a healthy rate in near future.
Scope of the Report
|By Product Type|
|Transmission & Gear Oils|
Key Market Trends
Largest Segment By Product Type : Engine Oils
- Passenger vehicles (PVs) is the largest segment in terms of automotive lubricant consumption in Iran. During 2015-2019, the PV lubricant consumption grew at a CAGR of 3.06% primarily owing to the surge in the car popualtion of the country.
- In 2020, PVs accounted for about 67% of the total automotive lubricant consumption in the country. Engine oil accounted for the largest share in the PV lubricant consumption, with a share of over 94% during the year. During 2020, PV lubricants consumption declined by 7.4% due to the lower usage of the vehicle fleet post COVID-19 outbreak.
- During 2021-2026, the greases segment is projected grow at a steady rate exhibiting a CAGR of 2.47%. This growth is likely to be driven by rise in sales of passenger cars (both new and used), and recovery in average distance travelled in the country.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
The Iran Passenger Vehicles Lubricants Market is fairly consolidated, with the top five companies occupying 80.32%. The major players in this market are Behran Oil Company, Iranol Oil Company, Pardis Engine Oil Company, Pars Oil Company and Sepahan Oil Company (sorted alphabetically).
- January 2021: All of Iranol's products would be available on the Iran Mercantile Exchange and Iran Energy Exchange, resulting in greater financial transparency for the company and a significant contribution to the country's financial stability.
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary & Key Findings
2.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
2.2 Scope of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3. Key Industry Trends
3.1 Automotive Industry Trends
3.2 Regulatory Framework
3.3 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Product Type
4.1.1 Engine Oils
4.1.3 Hydraulic Fluids
4.1.4 Transmission & Gear Oils
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Key Strategic Moves
5.2 Market Share Analysis
5.3 Company Profiles
5.3.2 AZAR RAVAN SAZ (Petronol)
5.3.3 Behran Oil Company
5.3.4 Ghatran Kaveh Motor Oil Co.
5.3.5 Iranol Oil Company
5.3.6 LIQUI MOLY
5.3.7 Pardis Engine Oil Company
5.3.8 Pars Oil Company
5.3.9 Sepahan Oil Company
5.3.10 Zarrin Oil
6.1 Appendix-1 References
6.2 Appendix-2 List of Tables & Figures
7. Key Strategic Questions for Lubricants CEOs
List of Tables & Figures
PASSENGER VEHICLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, IRAN, 2015 - 2026
IRAN PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2015-2026
IRAN PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
IRAN PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, ENGINE OILS, 2015-2026
IRAN PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, ENGINE OILS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
IRAN PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, GREASES, 2015-2026
IRAN PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, GREASES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
IRAN PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, HYDRAULIC FLUIDS, 2015-2026
IRAN PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, HYDRAULIC FLUIDS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
IRAN PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, TRANSMISSION & GEAR OILS, 2015-2026
IRAN PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, TRANSMISSION & GEAR OILS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
IRAN PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, MOST ACTIVE COMPANIES, BY NUMBER OF STRATEGIC MOVES, 2018 - 2021
IRAN PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, MOST ADOPTED STRATEGIES, 2018 - 2021
IRAN PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET SHARE(%), BY MAJOR PLAYERS, 2020
- Vehicle Types - Passenger Vehicles, Commercial Vehicles and Motorcycles are the vehicle types considered under the automotive lubricants market.
- Product Types - For the purpose of this study, lubricant products such as engine oils, transmission oils, greases and hydraulic fluids are taken into consideration.
- Service Refill - Service refill is the primary factor considered while accounting the lubricant consumption for each of the vehicle segments, under the study.
- Factory Fill - First lubricant fill-ups for newly produced vehicles are considered.
Mordor Intelligence follows a four-step methodology in all our reports.
- Step-1: Identify Key Variables: The quantifiable key variables (industry and extraneous) pertaining to the specific product segment and country are selected from a group of relevant variables & factors based on desk research & literature review; along with primary expert inputs. These variables are further confirmed through regression modeling (wherever required).
- Step-2: Build a Market Model: In order to build a robust forecasting methodology, the variables and factors identified in Step-1 are tested against available historical market numbers. Through an iterative process, the variables required for market forecast are set and the model is built on the basis of these variables.
- Step-3: Validate and Finalize: In this important step, all market numbers, variables and analyst calls are validated through an extensive network of primary research experts from the market studied. The respondents are selected across levels and functions to generate a holistic picture of the market studied.
- Step-4: Research Outputs: Syndicated Reports, Custom Consulting Assignments, Databases & Subscription Platforms