|Study Period:||2016 - 2026|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||Asia Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Global Industrial Flooring Market is projected to register a CAGR of over 5% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
The market was negatively impacted by COVID-19 in 2020. The construction and redevelopment projects of many industries and commercial buildings have been stalled in order to tackle the spread of the coronavirus. Loss of investment plans and termination of planned projects affected the construction activities in the industrial sector in 2020. However, with the easing of regulations, construction activities are expected to pick up pace in the coming years.
- Over the short term, growing awareness about the advantages of industrial flooring is expected to drive market growth.
- Stringent regulations on VOCs released on the flooring are likely to hinder the growth of the market.
- The increasing popularity of eco-friendly bio-based flooring and the promising performance of polyaspartic coatings are projected to act as an opportunity for the market’s growth in the future.
- Asia-Pacific holds the major share in the consumption of industrial flooring. The region is also expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period, powered by the growth in the industrial activities in the region.
Scope of the Report
Industrial flooring is a permanent cover over the concrete floor in order to enhance properties such as load-bearing capacities, chemical and abrasion resistance based n the specific end-user industry requirement. The market is segmented on the basis of resin type, application, end-user industry, and geography. By resin type, the market is segmented into Epoxy, Polyaspartic, Polyurethane, Acrylic, and Other Resin Types. By application, the market is segmented into Concrete, Wood, and Other Applications. By end-user industry, the market is segmented into Food and Beverage, Chemical, Transportation and Aviation, Healthcare, and Other End-user Industries. The report also covers the market size and forecasts for the Industrial Flooring Market in 16 countries across major regions. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done on the basis of revenue (USD million).
|Other Resin Types|
|Food and Beverage|
|Transportation and Aviation|
|Other End-user Industries|
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from the Food and Beverage Industry
- The food and beverage industry is one of the major end-user segments for the market studied. In the food and beverage industry, cleanliness and purity are of paramount importance. Due to this, it is mandatory for this industry to apply an appropriate resin or coating on the floor.
- The floor in the food processing facility is exposed to all sorts of food byproducts, like hot oils, fats, blood, sugar solutions, and natural food acids. Some of these byproducts are corrosive in nature, which can cause serious damage to the floor.
- Besides this, the risk of microbial growth due to spillage is high in the food and beverage industry. Consequently, these contaminants ultimately degrade the processed food’s purity.
- To avoid such problems, the food and beverage industry requires various resins and related coatings, such as epoxy, polyurethane, polyaspartic, and MMA, to provide a protective barrier, which can help prevent contaminants from permeating the concrete substrate and ensures a hygienic surface.
- The Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI), the Food Standards Agency (FSA), and the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) have issued stipulations to ensure food factories maintain the highest standards of handling and production.
- According to a recent study, the global food and beverages industry is expected to account for approximately USD 276.9 billion by the end of 2021 and is expected to grow with a CAGR of over 8% and will account for approximately USD 379.7 billion by the end of 2025.
- China, Japan, the United States, the United Kingdom, and South Korea are the top five major contributors in the global food and beverages industry.
- In Japan, the food and beverage industry is expected to reach USD 26,523 million by 2023. This growth is attributed to the increase in demand for packaged food and beverage, coupled with increasing consumer affordability. This expected growth in the food and beverage industry is expected to positively influence the demand for industrial flooring.
- However, due to the outbreak of COVID-19, the food and beverage industry also took a slight hit, except for the sale of essential products, which has a moderate effect on the market studied, and the impact is expected to continue in 2021.
- All the aforementioned factors depict a positive outlook on the use of industrial flooring in the food and beverage industry during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
China to Dominate the Market in the Asia-Pacific Region
- The Asia-Pacific region dominated the global market, and the trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. China is one of the major countries in Asia-Pacific, with ample construction activities being supported by the growing economy.
- The Chinese segment of the market studied is expected to record a significant CAGR during the forecast period, owing to the growing end-user industries, such as the food and beverage industry, chemical industry, etc.
- The chemical industry in the country has grown drastically over the past two decades, in line with the overall growth of the country and the fundamentals of the key industries. China represents about one-third of the worldwide demand for chemicals. The manufacturing of chemicals in the country is expected to record significant growth in the coming years, thus augmenting the consumption of industrial flooring in the country.
- The food processing industry is moving toward maturity in the country, witnessing moderate growth. Processed and packaged frozen foods are increasingly becoming popular, especially dairy, baby food, and confectionery products, which stand to be the driver for the food processing industry. In the beverage industry, the trend of consumption of healthy, natural, and convenient ready-to-drink smoothies, juices, and yogurts is emerging.
- Currently, in North China, there are about 42,577 food and beverage manufacturers, which accounted for annual sales of over CNY 20 million. There is a continuous growth in the consumption of processed food products in the country. This trend is expected to aid the growth of the food and beverage industry, which, in turn, is expected to drive the consumption of industrial flooring during the forecast period.
- China is the second-largest market for pharmaceuticals globally. The market for pharmaceuticals is growing rapidly, owing to the increasing middle-class and aging society present in the country, rising income levels, and increasing urbanization. The pharmaceutical sales of the country are expected to reach up to USD 175 billion by 2022. The country has a large and diverse domestic drug industry, comprising around 5,000 manufacturers, of which many are small- or medium-sized companies.
- Owing to all these factors, the market for industrial flooring in the region is projected to rise during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The global industrial flooring market is highly fragmented in nature, with the top players (top 7-10) accounting for not more than 20% of the overall market in terms of revenue. Some major players in the market include Sika AG, RPM International Inc., Akzo Nobel NV, MBCC Group, and Nippon Paint Holdings Co. Ltd.
- In September 2020, BASF closed the divestiture of its Construction Chemicals business to an affiliate of Lone Star, a global private equity firm. The Construction Chemicals business is now part of the newly founded MBCC Group, headquartered in Mannheim, Germany.
- In May 2019, Sika AG completed the acquisition of Parex Ltd. Parex’s product portfolio includes facade mortars, epoxy flooring, tile adhesives, and waterproofing mortars. With this acquisition, Sika expanded its product portfolio for the building finishing market.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Awareness about the Advantages of Industrial Flooring
4.1.2 Increasing Demand from the Food and Beverage Industry
4.2.1 Stringent Regulations on VOCs Released on Flooring
4.2.2 Unfavorable Conditions Arising Due to the COVID-19 Outbreak
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Resin Type
5.1.5 Other Resin Types
5.2.3 Other Applications
5.3 End-user Industry
5.3.1 Food and Beverage
5.3.3 Transportation and Aviation
5.3.5 Other End-user Industries
184.108.40.206 South Korea
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.2 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
5.4.4 South America
188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
220.127.116.11 South Africa
18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Akzo Nobel NV
6.4.2 Axalta Coating Systems
6.4.3 MBCC Group
6.4.6 Fosroc Inc.
6.4.8 LATICRETE International Inc.
6.4.9 Michelman Inc.
6.4.10 Nippon Paint Holdings Co. Ltd
6.4.11 PPG Industries Inc.
6.4.12 RPM International Inc.
6.4.13 Sika AG
6.4.15 Teknos Group
6.4.16 The Sherwin-Williams Company
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Industrial Flooring Market market is studied from 2016 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Industrial Flooring Market?
The Industrial Flooring Market is growing at a CAGR of >5% over the next 5 years.
What is Industrial Flooring Market size in 2016?
The Industrial Flooring Market is valued at 5414 Million USD in 2016.
Which region has highest growth rate in Industrial Flooring Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Industrial Flooring Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Industrial Flooring Market?
MBCC Group, Sika AG, RPM International Inc., Akzo Nobel N.V., Nippon Paint Holdings Co. Ltd are the major companies operating in Industrial Flooring Market.