Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Indian access control hardware market is projected to register a CAGR of 7.3% during the forecast period (2022 to 2027). The access control hardware systems can either use biometric or proximity/smart cards. Because of escalating security concerns and rising crime rates in India, these devices are widely used in data centers, workplaces, hotels, retail stores, entertainment stores, government organizations, banks, etc.
- Rapid installation of access control hardware systems throughout the defense and commercial sectors and investment from different private and public bodies have fueled the expansion of the Indian access control systems market. However, a lack of awareness about the benefits of modern security solutions and high installation costs for access control systems in workplaces are impeding the market growth.
- In India, rising crime rates and the introduction of technologically sophisticated & contactless smart cards for various applications will create new opportunities for market participants over the coming years.
- The advancement in biometrics, blockchain authentication, and others attracts customers to adopt access control systems. Furthermore, biometrics for security is identified as a significant investment in developing technology parks and manufacturing enterprises. Because new security systems are more expensive, many end-users are unwilling to replace existing biometric authentication systems, which benefits the growth of the access control market.
- The COVID-19 pandemic increased the need for access control management among many organizations to manage employees in the workplace. With social distancing norms and the fear of virus spread, the necessity to check persons entering a property for their temperature using biometrics and vein recognition technology aids in the identification of people who may contaminate with illnesses and viruses. Furthermore, because workplaces are prime locations for viruses like COVID-19 to spread, there has been a significant shift in coronavirus office policies. As a result, the demand for access control skyrocketed during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Scope of the Report
The access control hardware industry is expanding as consumers become more interested in using cost-effective security systems. Furthermore, the desire for wireless and IoT-based security systems in different applications and rising urbanization are projected to drive the access control hardware market forward in the near future.
The Indian Access Control Hardware Market is segmented based on the Industrial Verticals (IT and Telecom, BFSI, Defense and Aerospace, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Transportation and Logistics, Government, and Others), and by Type (Card Reader and Access Control Devices, Biometric Readers, Electronic Locks and Other Types (Access Control-as-a Service)).
|IT and Telecom|
|Defense and Aerospace|
|Transportation and Logistics|
|Card Reader and Access Control Devices|
Key Market Trends
Biometric readers expected to have the highest growth rate in future
- Biometrics is one of the most rapidly increasing perimeter security solutions. Biometrics allows identifying a person's physical traits to offer regulated physical access to infrastructure. This technology is increasingly adopted in government institutions, manufacturing plants, power plants, military establishments, and businesses. Furthermore, speech and face recognition are non-contact, non-intrusive, and easy-to-use biometrics technology. The contactless way of identifying and authenticating drives individuals to invest more money in biometric readers.
- Furthermore, with the growing popularity of online transactions, businesses must have an authentication system that provides secure and quick access to information. Furthermore, single-factor authentication methods require the user to validate his identity using only one factor that matches. These variables are expected to drive growth in the biometric reader market by 2027.
- The increasing utilization of smartphones throughout the world, as well as the growing integration of biometric systems with IoT devices, are expected to fuel the growth of the Biometrics reader market (Access Control Hardware Market). For Instance, India introduced a new Product - a biometric prisoner management app.
- According to The Shillong Times, India's Tura district jail has established the 'Eprison' web app to save prisoners' biometric data and communicate it with other correctional facilities, the judiciary, and police. According to the article, Tura is the fourth facility to launch the app. The app also provides information on convicts' patient records, court appearances, and other facts. According to an official, the technology decreases government workloads, fights fraud, and speeds up information processing. The Eprison app's functional components include prisoner and visitor management systems and police information.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
COVID-19 created more growth opportunities in adoption of facial recognition technologies
- As investments in face recognition technologies increase and mature technologies, we see facial recognition usage increasing in some cases, including new ones. The COVID pandemic has proven to be an essential driver here.
- The COVID-19 pandemic also leads to facial recognition systems, combined with other biometric techniques. As expected, digitization and digitalization will accelerate in several areas because of the pandemic, and some will inevitably see increasing usage of face recognition technologies.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, Many government organizations and private companies have begun releasing enhanced facial recognition technology to detect elevated temperatures in a crowd or flag citizens not wearing a face mask. This information is then fed into apps to alert users in the area of the personal health information of others to establish whether they have been within the proximity of infected patients.
- In retail and e-commerce sector has been actively adapting face recognition technology. Previously, customers had to pay bills by QR code, credit card, or cash, but now they can scan their faces on smart devices. This allows for a more secure and user-friendly payment system.
- The adoption of new technologies is growing; the focus is often on artificial intelligence, machine learning (mainly deep learning), and computer vision technologies that enable matching images from cameras with images in databases. With the help of advanced technologies that enhance complex facial recognition systems.
The growing use of access control systems by small and medium-sized organizations, hospitality businesses, airports, ATMs, banks, residential structures, and religious institutions will likely propel the access control hardware market forward. The increased threat of terrorist attacks and crime rates and India's low police-to-population ratio will probably drive significant demand for access control hardware solutions.
- In July 2021, IDEMIA formed a global Partnership with Bosch Building Technologies to offer a biometric layer to the Bosch Building Integration System (BIS). Bosch's software solution incorporates Idemia's contactless MorphoWave fingerprint biometric terminals and VisionPass terminals for combined 2D, 3D, and infrared imaging. The solution manages various Bosch security subsystems from a single platform, such as those used in access control, video surveillance, and intrusion systems. According to the announcement, it has over 3,000 installations globally that integrate over 10 million detectors.
- In 2021, Honeywell implemented facial recognition in the Bengaluru Safe City project. Honeywell India has won a contract worth about USD 66 million to execute a Safe City project, including facial recognition in Bengaluru, the capital of India’s Karnataka state.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.2.5 Threat of Substitutes
4.3 Impact of COVID-19 Analysis
4.4 Market Drivers
4.4.1 Increasing adoption of access control system to manage terrorist attacks and organized crimes
4.4.2 Growing demand for implementation of mobile-based access control
4.5 Market Restraints
4.5.1 Intense Competition in the Market
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Industrial Verticals
5.1.1 IT and Telecom
5.1.3 Defense and Aerospace
5.1.6 Transportation and Logistics
5.2 By Type
5.2.1 Card Reader and Access Control Devices
5.2.2 Biometric Readers
5.2.3 Electronic Locks
5.2.4 Other Types
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Honeywell International Inc.
6.1.2 Robert Bosch GmbH
6.1.3 Johnson Controls
6.1.4 Tyco Security Products
6.1.5 Paxton Access Ltd.
6.1.8 Mantra Softech India Private Limited
6.1.9 Gemalto (3M Cogent)
6.1.11 Realtime Biometric
6.1.13 HID Global Corporation
6.1.14 Gallagher Security
6.1.15 Dahua Technology Co. Ltd
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The India Access Control Hardware Market market is studied from 2020 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of India Access Control Hardware Market?
The India Access Control Hardware Market is growing at a CAGR of >7.6% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in India Access Control Hardware Market?
IDEMIA Ltd., Honeywell International India Pvt. Ltd, Bosch, Mantra Softech (India) Pvt. Ltd, Simenas are the major companies operating in India Access Control Hardware Market.