North America Valves Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Forecast Data Period||2023 - 2028|
|Historical Data Period||2018 - 2021|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
North America Valves Market Analysis
The North America Valves market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.32% over the forecast period (2022-2027). Valves are mechanical devices that regulate the flow and pressure inside a system or process. They are crucial parts of a piping system that transports liquids, gases, vapors, and other materials.
- Valves are essential parts of a variety of industrial machinery. Plant operations could be disrupted if valves malfunction. Manufacturing organizations are unable to be warned about probable valve failures using conventional schedule-based maintenance techniques. As a result, when inspecting valves, technicians frequently report defects, which leads to unplanned downtime that could have been avoided by the use of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT).
- Recent advancements in computing power and connectivity have made it possible for businesses to use IIoT technology to cut down on unplanned downtime caused by valve failures. With the help of the IIoT, valve specialists can remotely check on the health of the valves in a plant and assess their effectiveness, lifespan, and failure risk. This ensures superior valve performance and a safe working environment.
- Several standards and rules must be followed by valve makers. When it comes to valves, different locations have distinct certifications and policies. As valves are used in so many different industries, such as oil & gas, food & beverage, pharmaceuticals, energy & power, water & wastewater treatment, building & construction, chemicals, and pulp & paper, demand is diverse. However, such variation is impeding the valves market's growth because manufacturers must adopt the same product to regional policies, making it difficult for valve makers to obtain an ideal cost of installation.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has had a devastating impact on the oil and gas sector, with oil prices falling sharply. Due to the significant drop in global government-imposed limits on oil and gas production in 2020 and 2021, there was a significant mismatch between supply and demand. One of the major industries that use valves is oil and gas. Other significant end-users of valves are the water and wastewater treatment and the electricity and power industries; both of these sectors experienced decreased demand as a result of the global pandemic.
North America Valves Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the North America Valves Market according to our research experts:
Water and Wastewater is Expected to Grow at Significant Rate
- Sustainability in water management is now more important than ever because of the present climate issue. Facilities for wastewater treatment are important components of these vital networks. Wastewater valves perform a lot of work and serve a crucial function in wastewater piping systems.
- A wastewater valve is a component that regulates the pressure and flow of fluids, such as liquids and gases. Different types of wastewater valves allow different volumes of fluid to pass through them. The various wastewater valves come in simple to complicated designs. Wastewater valves are managed by flow meters and temperature gauges.
- The growing adoption of automation is set to further bolster the demand for the valves during the forecast period. Further, the growing collaborations in the sector and the growing government investments in wastewater management are boosting the market growth rate.
- For instance, the U.S. Government of Agriculture (USDA) Deputy Under Secretary for Rural Development stated that the department is investing USD 281 million in 106 projects to upgrade water and wastewater infrastructure in rural areas in 36 states and Puerto Rico. The Water and Waste Disposal Loan and Grant program of the USDA provides money for the projects.
- Moreover, Since fiscal Year 2017, 192 projects have been chosen by the Water Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (WIFIA) to submit a loan application. Selected borrowers have claimed about USD 30 billion in total.
- Municipalities and First Nations communities rely heavily on their water and wastewater management systems. In December 2021, to strengthen drinking water and wastewater infrastructure in British Columbia, the Ministry of Intergovernmental Affairs, Infrastructure and Communities and the Ministry of Municipal Affairs jointly announced over CAD 19.2 million in funding for four projects. To increase water capacity, according to provincial regulations, boost surface water quality, and safeguard the environment, the projects will either renovate current wastewater treatment facilities or build new drinking water facilities.
- In February 2022, In Mind Cloud, a manufacturer-focused independent digital sales platform, announced a five-year strategic relationship with VAG, one of the leading multinational valve manufacturer. VAG's global go-to-market (GTM) sales activities for industrial valves used in the water and wastewater industry will continue to be driven by In Mind Cloud.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
United States is Expected to Register the Fastest Growth Rate
- The United States is the major shareholder of the market in 2021 and is analyzed to maintain its position throughout the forecast period owing to the presence of various manufacturing industries. The significant investments and expansions in oil and gas, food and beverage, chemical and petrochemical, and discrete industries are analyzed to bolster the demand for Valves.
- The dependence of the oil and gas industry on automation has grown in the last decade, and many rounds of industry layoffs were announced that left market players with less-skilled workers. This led to the increasing dependence of the United States oil and gas companies on automation to complete processes without any delay. In the last few years, the United States exports of crude and LNG (liquefied natural gas) and refined products continued to grow, which aligned with the new administration's motto of 'energy dominance for the United States.
- Crude oil is produced by almost 100 countries. In 2021, five countries accounted for around 51% of global crude oil production with the United States holding 14.5% of the share. Crude oil is produced in 32 states and coastal waters off the coast of the United States. Five states accounted for over 71% of total crude oil output in the United States in 2021. (Source: U.S. Energy Information Administration).
- Further, the significant investments in Canada's oil and gas, wastewater, and manufacturing sectors are bolstering the demand for the valves market. For instance, The Saskatchewan Government Relations Ministry and the Ministry of Intergovernmental Affairs, Infrastructure and Communities Canada announced more than CAD 35.9 million in federal-provincial funding for 24 new infrastructure projects around Saskatchewan. According to investments of over CAD4.3 million from the Government of Canada and around CAD3.6 million from the Government of Saskatchewan through the Green Infrastructure Stream, the wastewater treatment system in Melville will be enhanced.
- In April 2022, A USD12 billion offshore oil project proposed by Norway's Equinor ASA was approved by the Canadian government after an environmental evaluation revealed no substantial adverse implications.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
North America Valves Industry Overview
The market for North America Valves is fragmented and is analyzed to be highly competitive. The companies are leveraging strategic collaborative initiatives to increase market share and profitability. The market for valves is fragmented. Manufacturers should be able to improve their product ranges and get a larger market share through mergers and acquisitions. Major firms, include Emerson Electric Co., Schlumberger Limited, Alfa Laval Corporate AB, Flowserve Corporation, and Crane Co. among others.
- April 2022- Zahroof Valves, Inc. (ZVI), a manufacturer of compressor valves, formed a partnership with compression and equipment servicing expert Arkos Field Services as an authorized service provider in the USA. Customers of ZVI now have better access to locally stocked supplies and support knowledge due to this arrangement.
North America Valves Market Leaders
Emerson Electric Co.
Alfa Laval Corporate AB
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
North America Valves Market News
- April 2022 - Emerson launched the TopWorxTM PD Series Smart Valve Positioner. The PD Series adds intelligence, dependability, and versatility to valve control, expanding Emerson's current line of TopWorx sensing and control devices. The PD Series improves the current TopWorx range of discrete valve controllers by integrating communication through a 4-20 mA loop signal and HART protocols, enabling complete control over valve position.
- June 2021 - ValvTechnologies and Severn Glocon have collaborated, bringing together two prominent engineering and production firms specializing in innovative, high-end, severe service valves.
North America Valves Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definitions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Value Chain / Supply Chain Analysis
4.4 Assessment of the Impact of COVID -19 on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Rising adoption of automation technologies in process industries
5.1.2 Expansion of refineries and petrochemical plants
5.1.3 Need for replacement of outdated valves and adoption of smart valves
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Lack of standardized policies
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Type
6.1.6 Other Types
6.2 By End-User Vertical
6.2.1 Oil and Gas
6.2.2 Power Generation
6.2.4 Water and Wastewater
6.2.6 Other End User Verticals
6.3.1 United States
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Emerson Electric Co.
7.1.2 Schlumberger Limited
7.1.3 Alfa Laval Corporate AB
7.1.4 Flowserve Corporation
7.1.5 Crane Co.
7.1.6 Rotork Plc
7.1.7 Valmet Oyj
7.1.8 KITZ Corporation
7.1.9 IMI Critical Engineering
7.1.10 Samson Controls Inc.
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENTS ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE TRENDS
North America Valves Market Research FAQs
What is the current North America Valves Market size?
The North America Valves Market is projected to register a CAGR of 4.32% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in North America Valves Market?
Emerson Electric Co., Schlumberger Limited, Alfa Laval Corporate AB, Flowserve Corporation and Crane Co. are the major companies operating in the North America Valves Market.
North America Valves Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 North America Valves market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. North America Valves analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.