High Speed Cameras Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
High Speed Cameras Market Analysis
The Global High-Speed Cameras market is anticipated to register a CAGR of 5.92% during the forecast period. The increased usage of high-speed cameras in huge events, including sports and cinema theatres, has also had an impact on the industry. The expanding use of photogrammetry technology in various sectors is expected to contribute to the growing trend.
- High-speed cameras are in high demand throughout sectors due to their superior characteristics over other cameras. The growing demand for highly detailed analysis, including combustion testing and flow visualization in aerospace, pyrotechnics, explosives, and ballistics, will likely drive up demand for high-speed cameras in the industrial sector.
- Furthermore, high-speed cameras with sophisticated capabilities such as auto-iris operation, a wide sensing range, and real-time capabilities are available. These technologies are increasingly being employed in intelligent transportation systems (ITS) to anticipate future collisions, decrease congestion, eliminate traffic difficulties, and improve passenger safety and convenience.
- In addition, increasing government expenditure in creating smart cities in several nations is expected to drive demand for smart and high-speed cameras for security and surveillance, contributing to market growth. For instance, in October 2022, Honeywell and Accelerator introduced the Honeywell Smart City Accelerator Project in the US market. This project will help communities actively plan for the future and build the capacity to support revolutionary initiatives. Honeywell is working with five districts in the United States to give in-kind assistance to speed the development of smart city strategy planning.
- Due to the lockdowns and trade restrictions caused by the COVID-19 outbreak, the market for high-speed cameras was hampered for a short period. However, the market is expected to flourish over the coming years due to increasing innovations such as infrared cameras, which use temperature detection to identify COVID-infected people.
- Moroever, the complete configuration necessary for the camera to perform properly includes equipment such as a camera microcontroller, lens, LED illumination, and software for process monitoring and management. Long product replacement cycles coupled with the high cost of the high-speed camera are a few factors restraining the high-speed camera market.
High Speed Cameras Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the High Speed Cameras Market according to our research experts:
Intelligent Transportation Systems Initiative to Drive the Market
- Intelligent Transport System (ITS) aims to achieve traffic efficiency by minimizing traffic problems that enhance safety and comfort. It enriches users with prior information about traffic, local convenience, real-time running information, seat availability, etc., which reduces the travel time of commuters as well as enhances safety and comfort.
- Cameras, particularly high-performance machine vision cameras, are becoming more important in intelligent traffic systems. With features like real-time capability, broad sensor range, auto iris functionality, and day/night functionality, high-speed cameras help prevent potential accidents, keep traffic moving, and decrease the transportation sector's negative environmental impacts on society.
- The use of ITS to decrease traffic fatalities and improve traffic safety is a significant driver fueling the expansion of the intelligent transportation systems industry. The ongoing changes in the transport industry have highlighted the necessity for an optimized transportation infrastructure that might enhance road networks. Thus, the increasing need for road safety smart equipment will increase the demand for high-speed cameras over the coming years.
- Further, intelligent transportation is an essential component of any smart city. The Joint Transportation Management Center (JTMC), based in New York City, is the largest transportation center in North America. JTMC's Converged Security and Information Management (CSIM) installation covers hundreds of miles of the state arterial system and incorporates hundreds of cameras, vehicle detectors, variable message signs, and numerous highway advisory radios. Its mission is focused on around-the-clock coordination and communication to manage daily transportation incidents and reduce congestion on some of the busiest expressways in the world. This drives the market for high-speed cameras.
- Increasing investment by several governments to improve traffic management systems is expected to increase the demand for high-speed cameras over the coming years. For instance, in April 2022, to improve India's traffic situation, the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) introduced numerous apps under the Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) as a part of the InTranSE- II initiative. According to the administration, onboard driver assistance and warning system (ODAWS) intends to enhance highway infrastructure as the number of cars and speeds on highways have grown, compounding safety problems.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific to Register the Highest Growth
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to grow at a considerable pace throughout the forecast period. Rapidly increasing industrialization and the evolution of manufacturing hubs, particularly China and India, are expected to be significant drivers behind this growth. Investments from all over the world into the region's manufacturing sector are growing, creating an increased need for more efficient production line monitoring.
- Additionally, initiatives like the 'Make in India' program place India on the world map as a manufacturing hub and give global recognition to the Indian economy. According to India Brand Equity Foundation (IBEF), India is the world's third most demanding manufacturing location, with the potential to export commodities worth over USD 1 trillion by 2030. Such initiatives will drive the market for high-speed cameras in manufacturing sectors.
- High-speed cameras are increasingly being used in a wide range of industries, such as healthcare, automotive, food and beverage, and consumer electronics, and for tasks such as repairing, machinery diagnostics, analysis, and preventative maintenance. Industrial and automotive industries in India, China, and Japan are expected to use robots and computer vision capabilities more often, contributing to regional growth.
- High-speed cameras are also necessary for the proper use of the electronics and semiconductors sector, the food processing industry, and the development of top-tier research institutes and academia. Increasing investment in these industries will drive the demand for high-speed cameras over the forecast period. For instance, in September 2022, India expects a cumulative commitment of at least USD 25 billion due to its bonus program designed to encourage domestic semiconductor production.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
High Speed Cameras Industry Overview
The high-speed camera market is highly competitive due to the presence of several international players who dominates the global market. Some of the key players are Photron LTD., Olympus Corporation, NAC Image Technology, Mikrotron GMBH, and PCO AG, among others. These key players have adopted strategies such as product portfolio expansion, mergers and acquisitions, agreements, geographical expansion, and collaborations to enhance their high-speed camera market share.
In September 2022, the Technology Department of the Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) collaborated with Cordin Scientific Imaging to produce a next-generation hyperspeed camera sensor. The new device, created in collaboration with Cordin Scientific Imaging, would capture images up to four times faster than those currently available on the market, giving researchers fresh perspectives on physical and and life studies phenomena that were previously too rapid to observe.
In August 2022, the Mayor of New York City declared the expansion of the city's speed camera program, which will help protect citizens. According to the officials, the capital's 2,000 speed cameras in 750 educational zones will be functioning 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
In February 2022, Aper-Oculus, a novel high-camera development kit, was made available on the Crowd Supply website. The free software design is a carrier system for Xilinx's Kria SOM, which was developed to give creators and experts a small and modular alternative for high-speed electronic format.
High Speed Cameras Market Leaders
Del Imaging Systems, LLC
NAC Image Technology
NAC Image Technology
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
High Speed Cameras Market News
- April 2022: The Phantom VEO 610 is Vision Study's latest "entry-level" high-speed camera. The camera has a maximum refresh speed of 218.970 fps in 320 x 12 and can record in HD 720p at 7420 pictures per second.
- March 2022: Photron USA has introduced three innovative high-speed camera solutions, such as the Fastcam Nova R5-4K, which the business claims as the world's fastest 4K UHD camera solution. The Fastcam Nova R5-4K employs cutting-edge complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) image sensor technology to deliver a high-speed camera with excellent light sensitivity and large internal memory, enabling it to be used in a wide range of applications.
- February 2022: OM Digital Solutions, previously Olympus, has launched the OM System OM-1, their latest premium Micro Four Thirds cameras. The OM-1 is equipped with a novel 20.4 million pixels Stacking BSI Live MOS Four Thirds sensors that, combined with the latest TruePic X camera module, can record up to 50fps in C-AF mode with auto focus/auto exposure (AF/AE) monitoring and up to 120 frame rates in S-AF.
High Speed Cameras Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Increasing Adoption of High Speed Camera in Manufacturing Sector
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 High Cost of High Speed Cameras
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Component
5.1.1 Image Sensors
5.1.4 Memory Systems
5.2 By Frame Rate
5.2.4 Greater Than 100,000
5.3 By Application
5.3.1 Entertainment & Media
5.3.3 Consumer Electronics
5.3.4 Research & Design
5.3.5 Industrial Manufacturing
5.3.6 Military & Defense
5.3.8 Other Applications
5.4.1 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.4 Rest of the World
220.127.116.11 Latin America
18.104.22.168 Middle East & Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Photron LTD.
6.1.2 Olympus Corporation
6.1.3 NAC Image Technology
6.1.4 Mikrotron GMBH
6.1.5 PCO AG
6.1.7 Vision Research Inc.
6.1.8 Optronis GMBH
6.1.9 Motion Capture Technologies
6.1.10 Del Imaging Systems, LLC
6.1.11 Ix-Cameras Inc.
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
High Speed Cameras Market Research FAQs
What is the current High Speed Cameras Market size?
The High Speed Cameras Market is projected to register a CAGR of 5.92% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in High Speed Cameras Market?
Del Imaging Systems, LLC, Photron LTD., Olympus Corporation, NAC Image Technology, Mikrotron GMBH, Photron LTD., Olympus Corporation, NAC Image Technology, Mikrotron GMBH and PCO AG are the major companies operating in the High Speed Cameras Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in High Speed Cameras Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Which region has the biggest share in High Speed Cameras Market?
In 2023, the North America accounts for the largest market share in the High Speed Cameras Market.
High Speed Cameras Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 High Speed Cameras market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. High Speed Cameras analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.