Germany Collagen Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Largest Share by End User:||Food and Beverages|
|Fastest Growing by End User:||Food and Beverages|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Germany Collagen Market Analysis
The Germany Collagen Market stood at 44.86 million usd in 2021 and is projected to register a CAGR of 5.99% to reach 59.99 million usd in 2026.
- Largest Segment by Form - Animal Based : With a price half that of marine-based collagen and the ability to accommodate shellfish sensitivities, the segment was able to take the lead in the by source category.
- Largest Segment by End User - Food and Beverages : Upsurged demand for healthy foods (foods for good skin) during the lockdown surged the collagen demand in the F&B market, thus making it a leader in the end-user category.
- Fastest Growing Segment by Form - Marine Based : High bioavailability, low energy content, and its acceptance as a fat alternative are the major factors expected to contribute toward the fastest growth of the market.
- Fastest Growing Segment by End User - Food and Beverages : Rising studies confirming its benefits when used in F&B products and increasing diversified scope innovations in the sector are projected to drive its fastest growth.
Germany Collagen Industry Segmentation
|By End User|
|Personal Care and Cosmetics|
Germany Collagen Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Germany Collagen Market according to our research experts:
Largest Segment By End User : <span style="font-family: 'regular_bold';color:#0e7db3;">Food and Beverages</span>
- Collagen is getting its recognition for various uses, owing to its functionalities in the region. It had major applications in the food and beverages segment in 2020, and it is majorly driven by the beverages and bakery products segment.
- In Germany, awareness about functional drinks containing protein ingredients, including collagen peptides, is increasing. Convenience products have become the new need for customers, which has increased the demand for RTD beverages. Collagen is used to increase the suppleness, consistency, and stability of snack products.
- Other major end-user segments with collagen applications include supplements, personal care, and cosmetics. These segments are increasing the penetration of collagen in the region.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Germany Collagen Industry Overview
The Germany Collagen Market is moderately consolidated, with the top five companies occupying 46.98%. The major players in this market are Darling Ingredients Inc., Gelita AG, Italgelatine S.p.A., LAPI GELATINE S.p.a. and Tessenderlo Group (sorted alphabetically).
Germany Collagen Market Leaders
Darling Ingredients Inc.
LAPI GELATINE S.p.a.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Germany Collagen Market News
- February 2021: PB Leiner announced to enter the marine collagen market by 2022. PB Leiner and Zhejiang Shengda Ocean Co. Ltd from Zhoushan (P.R. China) established a joint venture to construct the plant. The new plant will be located in China and will deliver customers all over the world. The venture will allow PB Leiner to offer its customers a more diversified range of high-quality collagen peptides.
- January 2021: Rousselot, a Darling Ingredients’ brand producing collagen-based solutions, launched a MSC-certified marine collagen peptide, Peptan®, at the virtual Beauty & Skincare Formulation Conference 2021. This ingredient is sourced from 100% wild-caught marine white fish, certified by the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC), and it is majorly used in premium nutricosmetics and dietary supplements. The ingredient is produced in Rousselot’s facilities in France and is available across the world. The major driving factors behind the launch are the rising new product developments with collagen sourced from wild-caught ocean fish and the rising demand for fish collagen beauty and dietary supplement products.
- October 2019: Gelita partnered with Geltor, a biodesign company creating high-value designer proteins through fermentation, to develop, produce, and market the first ingestible animal-free collagen proteins. Through this partnership, Geltor would design and produce premium biodesigned collagen, whereas Gelita would conduct clinical research and commercialize the product as an addition to its existing collagen portfolio. Expanding its portfolio will consolidate Gelita’s position as an industry leader and help it meet market demand.
Germany Collagen Market Report - Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary & Key Findings
2.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
2.2 Scope of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3. Key Industry Trends
3.1 End User Market
3.2 Per Capita Animal Protein Consumption
3.3 Raw Material/Commodity Production
3.4 Regulatory Framework
3.5 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Form
4.1.1 Animal Based
4.1.2 Marine Based
4.2 By End User
4.2.1 Animal Feed
4.2.2 Personal Care and Cosmetics
4.2.3 Food and Beverages
220.127.116.11 Breakfast Cereals
18.104.22.168 Elderly Nutrition and Medical Nutrition
22.214.171.124 Sport/Performance Nutrition
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Key Strategic Moves
5.2 Market Share Analysis
5.3 Company Profiles
5.3.1 Cooke Inc.
5.3.2 Darling Ingredients Inc.
5.3.3 Ewald-Gelatine GmbH
5.3.4 Gelita AG
5.3.5 Italgelatine S.p.A.
5.3.6 LAPI GELATINE S.p.a.
5.3.7 Nagase & Co., Ltd.
5.3.8 Tessenderlo Group
6.1 Appendix-1 References
6.2 Appendix-2 List of Tables & Figures
7. Key Strategic Questions for Proteins CEOs
Germany Collagen Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Germany Collagen Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Germany Collagen Market?
The Germany Collagen Market is growing at a CAGR of 5.99% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Germany Collagen Market?
Food and Beverages is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Germany Collagen Market?
Food and Beverages holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Germany Collagen Market?
Darling Ingredients Inc., Gelita AG, Italgelatine S.p.A., LAPI GELATINE S.p.a., Tessenderlo Group are the major companies operating in Germany Collagen Market.
Germany Collagen Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Germany Collagen market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Germany Collagen analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.