|Study Period:||2016 - 2026|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||Asia Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The global gaskets and seals market is projected to register a CAGR of more than 5% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
The market is hampered by the COVID-19 pandemic, as lockdowns, social distances, and trade sanctions triggered massive disruptions to global supply chain networks. The automobile, oil and gas, electronics industries witnessed a decline due to the halt in the activities. For instance, according to OICA, automobile production declined by around 16% in 2020 compared to 2019, which negatively impacted the market growth of the gaskets and seals market.
- Over the medium term, the major factors driving the growth of the gaskets and seals market are the increase in the use of gaskets and seals in the oil and gas industry and increasing demand from the chemical and petrochemical sector.
- On the flip side, the declining automotive production and stagnant industrial growth in developed countries are likely to hinder the growth of the market.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the global market, owing to huge demand from countries like China and India.
Scope of the Report
The gaskets and seals market is segmented by material, product, application, and region. By material, the market is segmented into fiber, graphite, PTFE, rubber, and other materials. By product, the market is segmented into gaskets and seals. By application, the market is segmented into automotive, industrial machinery, electrical and electronics, oil and gas, chemicals and petrochemicals, and other applications. The report also covers the market size and forecasts for the gaskets and seals market in 11 countries across major regions. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done on the basis of revenue (USD million).
|Electrical and Electronics|
|Oil and Gas|
|Chemicals and Petrochemicals|
|Rest of the World|
Key Market Trends
The Automotive Industry to Dominate the Market
- Gaskets and seals are the components utilized in vehicles to check fluid and gas leakage. They fill the gap between the automotive components, assuring no leakage, blocking lubricants from leaving the bearings, dodging dust and other contaminants from penetrating the machinery.
- With the technological progressions, gaskets and seals offer an efficient means to achieve better fuel economy. They have decreased the repair and maintenance requirement, thereby increasing the average life span of automotive components.
- Furthermore, the rigorous regulations regarding the maximum limit of emission of harmful gases such as carbon monoxide and nitrogen oxide as incorporated by automotive agencies and bureaus are further anticipated to drive the market.
- Materials that can increase fuel efficiency and resist high heat and pressure are gaining popularity in the global gaskets and seal market. There has been an increased usage of lightweight materials such as silicone rubber to further lower fuel costs and improve efficiency.
- The global automotive industry has been witnessing a declining growth since 2018. The production has been declined by 5.2% and 16% in 2019 and 2020, respectively. The trend is expected to continue in the coming years.
- Moreover, the manufacturers are concentrating on enhancing the fuel economy by offering lightweight, easy to assemble, and upgraded quality automotive gaskets and seals components.
- Thus, the declining automotive industry is likely to negatively affect the gaskets and seals market over the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific Region Dominate the Market
- In Asia-Pacific, the factors that add to the growth of the market are accelerated industrialization and augmented demand from numerous end-use industries such as oil and gas and petrochemical. However, the decline in automobile production in the region has been negatively affecting the growth.
- According to OICA, automobile production in China and India witnessed a decline of 2% and 25%, respectively, in 2020 compared to 2019.
- China is a hub for chemical processing, accounting for a major chunk of the chemicals produced globally. With the growing demand for various chemicals globally, the demand for gasket and seals from this sector is projected to grow during the forecast period.
- China has plans to expand its network of inter-country pipelines, with new pipeline connections to Central Asia and Russia. China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) plans to complete major sections of the massive Russian oil and gas pipelines in the northeastern province of Heilongjiang.
- India has now been ranked sixth among the world's ten largest manufacturing countries. The petrochemical industry contributes about 30 percent of raw material to the chemical industry, which is expected to reach USD 300 billion by 2025. The petrochemical industry is expected to cross the USD 100 billion by 2021 at a CAGR of 14%.
- Furthermore, factors such as the growing industrial, electrical, and electronics sectors in the developing economies, including China, India, and ASEAN countries, are further expected to boost the demand for gaskets and seals in the region.
- All these factors are projected to impact the market growth in the region during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The gaskets and seals market is partially fragmented with many gaskets and seals manufacturers across the world. The major players in the market include Flowserve Corporation, Trelleborg, Dana Limited, ElringKlinger AG, and SKF.
- In November 2019, Trelleborg signed an agreement, through its Trelleborg Sealing Solutions business area, to acquire a US-based Tritec Seal. The company offers engineered polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) sealing solutions. The acquisition strengthened Trelleborg’s product portfolio, primarily in rotary seals, while giving the business area access to increased manufacturing capacity that is needed.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increase in the Use of Gasket and Seals in the Oil and Gas Industry
4.1.2 Growing Demand from the Chemical and Petrochemical Sectors
4.2.1 Declining Automotive Production
4.2.2 Stagnant Industrial Growth in Developed Countries
4.2.3 Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitutes Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
188.8.131.52 Metallic Gasket
184.108.40.206 Rubber Gasket
220.127.116.11 Cork Gasket
18.104.22.168 Non-Asbestos Gasket
22.214.171.124 Spiral Wound Gasket
126.96.36.199 Other Gaskets
188.8.131.52 Shaft Seals
184.108.40.206 Molded Seals
220.127.116.11 Motor Vehicle Body Seals
18.104.22.168 Other Seals
5.2.5 Other Materials
5.3.2 Industrial Machinery
5.3.3 Electrical and Electronics
5.3.4 Oil and Gas
5.3.5 Chemicals and Petrochemicals
5.3.6 Other Applications
22.214.171.124 South Korea
126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.2 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
5.4.4 Rest of the World
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share Analysis**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 AMG Sealing Limited
6.4.2 BRUSS Sealing Systems GmbH
6.4.3 Cooper Standard
6.4.4 Dätwyler Holding Inc.
6.4.5 Dana Limited
6.4.6 ElringKlinger AG
6.4.7 Tenneco Inc.
6.4.8 Flowserve Corporation
6.4.9 Freudenberg Sealing Technologies
6.4.10 GARLOCK FAMILY OF COMPANIES
6.4.12 Smiths Group PLC
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Gaskets and Seals Market market is studied from 2016 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Gaskets and Seals Market?
The Gaskets and Seals Market is growing at a CAGR of >5% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Gaskets and Seals Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Gaskets and Seals Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Gaskets and Seals Market?
ElringKlinger AG, Flowserve Corporation, Trelleborg, SKF, Dana Limited are the major companies operating in Gaskets and Seals Market.