Aerosol Valve Industry Overview
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Aerosol Valve Market Analysis
The aerosol valve market is expected to grow with a CAGR of 4.13% during the forecast period (2022 - 2027). The major factors driving the growth of the market studied are increasing demand for aerosol valves from the paints & coatings and automotive industry as well as increasing awareness related to hygiene & personal care.
- Increasing product penetration in the healthcare industry for products, such as asthma inhalers and other types of sprays, continuously improving consumer lifestyle backing the demand from the personal care and cosmetic industry for aerosol valves, which enable the application in 360 degrees and consume 25% less substance for the relative area coverage is also expected to boost the demand for aerosol valves over the forecast period.
- The components used for manufacturing aerosol valves, such as gaskets, seals, springs, and dip tubes, are available in abundance owing to the presence of many manufacturers. In addition, low product differentiation enables easy supplier switching at a low cost. The combined effect of this has resulted in the low bargaining power of suppliers and thus has an impact on the overall pricing of valves.
- Due to the rise in urban population, which is increasing income, the automotive manufacturing is witnessing tremendous growth in emerging economies. In developed economies, there is a high replacement rate of diesel/petrol cars with electric or hybrid cars, propelling the demand for aerosol valves. However, aerosol valve market growth is expected to be hampered by regulations imposed on aerosol manufacturing and product safety related to the composition of the contents inside the containers.
- Vendors rely on partnerships and product innovations to remain relevant in the market. Coster Group was the first aerosol valve and actuator manufacturer to comply with cosmetic GMPs, meeting the industry's highest manufacturing and service standards. It obtained the UNI EN ISO 22716:2008 certification on cosmetic Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) for three Italian plants.
- The outbreak of COVID -19 has had a positive impact on the aerosol valve industry due to a sudden increase in the demand from the healthcare sector and support from regulatory bodies across the globe to maintain a steady supply. Though the demand from other sectors, such as automotive, has lowered due to a complete halt in production activities.
Aerosol Valve Industry Segments
An aerosol is made up of four components: the container, the valve, the actuator, and the cap. The valve is made up of small components such as gaskets, seals, springs, and dip tubes, etc. The valve operates as a non-visible component but its role is essential: it keeps the container airtight, clean, and hygienic and regulates the flow of the product during use. The Aerosol Valve Market is segmented by Type (Continuous, Metered), End-user Industry (Personal Care, Home Care, Healthcare), and Geography.
|Other End-user Industries|
|Middle-East and Africa|
Aerosol Valve Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Aerosol Valve Market according to our research experts:
Personal Care Segment is Expected to Hold a Significant Market Share
- An increase in disposable income of the population in developing countries and changes in preferences of manufacturers for convenient packaging are some of the factors driving the aerosol valve market. Aerosol valves are widely used in the personal care industry in aerosol cans for packaging different products such as deodorants, face & body creams, shaving foams, and perfumes.
- According to AEROBAL, the cosmetics sector remains the most important market for aluminum aerosol cans by far, accounting for nearly 85% of total production worldwide. Deodorants and perfumes are the major products accounting for every second can produced and have a 60% market share, followed by hair sprays, hair mousses, and other cosmetic products. The surge in aluminum aerosol cans will lead to increased demand for aerosol valves in the industry.
- The demand for personal care products in the United States and its contribution to the global number is significantly high. After European countries, the United States marks a higher consumption of cosmetic and personal care products, with FDA regulating and inspecting imports. Owing to these factors, the country will drive the market growth despite fluctuating demand for deodorants, hair sprays, etc.
- Moreover, players are investing in valve technology for sustainability, catering to market growth. In July 2021, Williams Advanced Engineering collaborated with Salford Valve Company Ltd (Salvalco) to support and develop disruptive aerosol valve technology. Salvalco has benefitted from over Euro 3 million of funding, over recent years, from an investment fund managed by Foresight Group LLP in collaboration with Williams Advanced Engineering (WAE).
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Europe is Expected to Hold the Largest Market Share
- Europe has significant demand for aerosol valves for various sectors, including healthcare, personal care, automotive, etc. A survey conducted by Global Web Index on over 2,300 web users from the United Kingdom who buy natural cosmetic and personal care products regularly indicated that about 80% did so because they care about the environment and their health.
- According to the European Aerosol Federation (FEA), the aerosol market shares of the United Kingdom, Germany, and France provide more than 60% of the annual aerosol production in Europe in all segments, boosting the growth opportunities for aerosol valves in the region.
- The personal care segment has the largest market share of 57% in terms of aerosol production, followed by paints, varnishes, food, pharmaceuticals, and chemicals. The wide application of aerosol valves in these cans results in a simultaneous growth of aerosol valves in the region.
- Stringent government regulations surrounding the collection and recycling of used cans have made the industry follow an optimum chain of operations to comply with the regulations. For instance, It is mandatory for the Member States of Europe to develop systems for the return and collection of used packaging to attain, amongst other aspects, the following minimum targets for recycling: 80% of ferrous metals and 60% of aluminum contained in packaging waste. This boosts the recycling of aerosol valves and thus provides sustainable market growth by combatting restraints such as the above.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Aerosol Valve Market Competitor Analysis
The aerosol valve market is fragmented owing to the presence of multiple vendors in the market. Some of the major players in the market are Aptar Group, Precision Valve Corporation, Coster Tecnologie Speciali, among others. The market is also witnessing multiple product launches, collaborations, and partnerships.
- December 2021 – As a part of the sustainability program, Beiersdorf introduced a more climate-friendly aerosol valve system for the Nivea Ecodeo product line while introducing 100% recycled aluminum cans across its Nivea Men line. Further, the company stated that this range of deodorants and shaving gels would be made available in environmentally sustainable packaging for the European market.
Aerosol Valve Market Top Players
The Precision Valve Corporation
Coster Tecnologie Speciali
Lindal Group Holding GmbH
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Aerosol Valve Market Recent Developments
- April 2022 – Salvalco, a Yorkshire manufacturer of specialist aerosol technology, has secured Euro 2.5 million funding from a consortium of six companies: Green Angel Syndicate, Beiersdorf, Foresight Williams Technology, AWI Ltd, Fin.Essa and Growthdeck Ltd. to support expansion. The new funding will be used to expand manufacturing capacity at Salvalco's plant in Thailand and will also be invested in R&D operations and to further develop the patent portfolio.
Aerosol Valve Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.4 Assessment of Impact of Covid-19 on the Industry
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Strong Demand From the Cosmetic & Personal Care Industry
5.1.2 Shift Towards Easy-To-Handle and Convenient Packaging
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Stringent Government Regulations
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.2 End-user Industry
6.2.1 Personal Care
6.2.2 Home Care
6.2.5 Other End-user Industries
6.3.1 North America
6.3.4 Latin America
6.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.2 The Precision Valve Corporation
7.1.3 Coster Tecnologie Speciali
7.1.4 Lindal Group Holding GmbH
7.1.5 Mitani Valve
7.1.6 Summit Packaging Systems
7.1.7 Clayton Corp.
7.1.8 Newman Green
7.1.9 Koh-I-Noor Mlada Vozice A.S.
7.1.11 Majesty Packaging Systems Limited
7.1.12 Shanghai Sunhome Industrial Company
7.1.13 EC Pack Industrial Limited
7.1.14 C. Ehrensperger Ag.
7.1.15 Aroma Industries
7.1.16 Seugn Il Corporation
7.1.17 Yingbo Aerosol Valve (Zhongshan) Co., Ltd.
7.1.18 Guangzhou Zhongpin Aerosol Valves Co., Ltd
7.1.19 Maruichi Co. Ltd
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Aerosol Valve Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Aerosol Valve Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Aerosol Valve Market?
The Aerosol Valve Market is growing at a CAGR of 4.13% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Aerosol Valve Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Aerosol Valve Market?
Europe holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Aerosol Valve Market?
Aptargroup, The Precision Valve Corporation, Coster Tecnologie Speciali, Lindal Group Holding GmbH, Mitani Valve are the major companies operating in Aerosol Valve Market.
Aerosol Valve Industry Reports
In-depth industry statistics and market share insights of the Aerosol Valve sector for 2020, 2021, and 2022. The Aerosol Valve research report provides a comprehensive outlook of the market size and an industry growth forecast for 2023 to 2028. Available to download is a free sample file of the Aerosol Valve report PDF.