The global gamification market was valued at USD 2.17 billion in 2017, and is expected to reach USD 19.39 billion by 2023, at a CAGR of 44.06% over the forecast period (2018-2023). The exponential growth in the number of smartphones and mobile devices has directly created a vast base for the gamification market. This growth is also supported by the increasing recognition of gamification systems as a method to architecture human behavior to induce innovation, productivity, or engagement. The use of gamification systems has also extended beyond their traditional scope of marketing, as now they are extensively used in advance applications like crowd sourcing. Enterprise gamification systems are expected to witness a substantial growth during the forecast period. Organizations have shown a heavy inclination towards collaborative systems, which do not a create competitive environment, as they are widely considered counterproductive. However, the increasing awareness and functionality of these systems are expected to result in greater attention and research from academics and industry experts, leading to the improvement and evolution of technology.
Increasing Mobile Devices Enabling Growth in the Gamification Market
Consumers in developed nations such as the United States, find it difficult to think of time without internet and smartphones. There is a rapid rise in mobile usage, as mobile phones have become a predominant form of entertainment and communication. The increasing number of mobile devices, higher productivity, and participation through a reward structure are the factors driving the market, while a perceived lack of improvement in game designs and lack of awareness are the factors hindering market growth.
Retail Holds the Largest Share in Gamification Market
Retail is an emerging industry, growing at a significant rate. Retail sales growth has been steady since 2012, as customers seek experiences and products that reflect the personal brand they promote on social media. While gamification can add entertainment and drama to a retailer’s marketing or engagement strategy, it can also provide positive behaviors from customers and employees, leading to a rich brand experience and higher sales.
For instance, Sand Cloud utilizes a spinner app with exit intent. When a consumer moves their mouse toward closing the browser tab, the spinner appears in their store. Customers are required to enter their email (allowing Sand Cloud to remarket to them) to spin the wheel. When the customer spins the wheel, they’ll receive a discount, such as USD 5 off, 15% off, or 20% off. The spinner is usually fixed so that the customer always gets a discount on the product so that they’re incentivized to make a purchase.
North America holds the Largest Share Gamification Market
North America has a mature market for gamification in the field of marketing. However, the systems are also finding varied applications in product development and innovation in the region. The high penetration of internet and smartphone users in the region has also led to a greater use of gamification for marketing, especially using social media integration tools. These systems are designed to interact with the consumer base and market the interaction at the same time. This region is projected to witness the highest incorporation of gamification systems in enterprise level solutions, and a shift toward more technologically advanced methods in the case of consumer involvement systems.
Gamification Market Key Developments
- November 2017 - Microsoft launched Azure location-based services, a new Azure cloud offering to power the ‘location of things’. This could empower industrial transformation from manufacturing to automotive to retail, as it includes geographical data that can better connect smart cities, IoT solutions, and infrastructure.
- September 2017 – Bunchball Inc., a specialized engagement and performance solutions company, launched Bunchall Go, a mobile engagement and performance hub.
Gamification Market Major Players:
- Badgeville Inc.
- Bunchball Inc.
- Microsoft Corporation.
- BreakAway Games.
- Tata Interactive Systems.
- Performance Development Group.
- Anoxify Inc.
Reasons to Purchase Gamification Market Report
- Current and future gamification market in analysis in the developed and emerging markets
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
Customize Gamification Market Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Insights
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness – Porter's Five Industry Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.2.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. Market Dynamics
5.1 Factors Driving the Gamification Market
5.1.1 Increasing Mobile Devices Enabling Growth in Participation
5.1.2 Higher Productivity and Participation Through Reward Structure
5.2 Factors Challenging the Gamification Market
5.2.1 Perceived Lack of Improvement in Game Designs
6. Global Gamification Segmentation
6.1 Gamification Market By Deployment Mode
6.2 Gamification Market By Size
6.2.1 Small and Medium Business
6.2.2 Large Enterprises
6.3 Gamification Market By Type of Solution
6.3.1 Open Platform
6.3.2 Closed/ Enterprise Platform
6.4 Gamification Market By End-user Vertical
6.4.5 Education and Research
6.4.6 IT & Telecom
6.5 Gamification Market By Geography
6.5.1 North America
6.5.4 Latin America
6.5.5 Middle East and Africa
7. Gamification Market Comapnies
7.1 Badgeville Inc.
7.2 Bunchball Inc.
7.3 Microsoft Corporation
7.4 BreakAway Games
7.5 Tata Interactive Systems
7.6 Performance Development Group
7.9 Anoxify Inc.
*List is Not Exhaustive
8. Gamification Market Investment Analysis
9. Gamification Market Outlook