Fluoropolymer Films Market
Fluoropolymer, a semi-crystalline thermoplastic, consists of fluorinated olefinic monomers. It is a fluorocarbon-based polymer, made up of multiple strong carbon-fluorine bonds. Excellent chemical and solvent resistance, outstanding thermal & mechanical stability, electrical resistance, and dielectric strength of fluoropolymer makes it widely useful for application in various forms.
The films made up of fluoropolymer hold unique properties, such as excellent mechanical properties, weathering resistance, and inertness toward staining agents, solvents & chemicals. Such characteristics of fluoropolymer films make them suitable for application in industries, such as construction, industrial equipment, chemical processing, solar photovoltaic (PV) module, automotive & transportation, etc. Asia-Pacific is estimated to register fastest growth during the forecast period, owing to the noticeable growth in construction sector, increasing solar installations and increasing electrical & electronics production in the region.
Increasing Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Modules Plants
Fluoropolymer film is smooth, flexible, lightweight, and long lasting, and provides superior power output, owing to which it is extensively used as protective front sheet in the solar photovoltaic modules. With the increasing concerns related to energy security and environment, demand for renewable energy has been increasing. Various countries have been continuously taking initiatives, offering favorable policies and programs to increase the share of renewables in their energy portfolio. The solar PV market has been witnessing a strong growth due to these factors, because of which the production of PV modules has been increasing substantially. This is likely to boost the demand for fluoropolymer films for the production of PV modules.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Fluoropolymer Films Market Growth
Asia-Pacific is the largest market for fluoropolymer films, accounting for the maximum share in 2017, owing to the increasing construction activities, electronic production, and solar installations in the region. China, India, and Japan are likely to be the major countries driving the demand for fluoropolymer films in the region.
Besides Asia-Pacific, demand in North America is likely to be driven by the increase in automotive production. The United States is likely to be an attractive market for fluoropolymer films, owing to the government’s initiative to increase domestic automotive production and ban automotive imports from Mexico.
Notable Developments in Fluoropolymer Films Market
- April 2017: Arkema increased its fluoropolymer production capacity in China by 25%. The capacity increase at Changshu platform near Shanghai by Arkema aims at better serving the company’s customers in the storage and photovoltaic sectors.
- August 2017: The Dow Chemical Company and E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company announced the successful completion of the merger into DowDuPont Inc. Before the merger, E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company had been offering fluoropolymer films, which is now being offered by DowDuPont Inc.
- October 2017: Honeywell Aclar planned to increase its production capacity for films to meet increasing global demand. Based on polychlorotrifluoroethylene (PCTFE) fluoropolymer technology, Aclar films are crystal clear, biochemically inert, chemical resistant, nonflammable, and free from plasticizers and stabilizers.
Fluoropolymer Films Market Major Players:
- Afton Plastics.
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Asahi Glass Co. Ltd.
- Parker Hannifin Corporation.
- and Saint-Gobain.
Reasons to Purchase Fluoropolymer Films Market Report
- Analysis of how the increasing deployment of solar photovoltaic modules will affect the fluoropolymer films market growth.
- Analysis of various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- The product type and application that are expected to dominate the market.
- The regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel.
Customize Fluoropolymer Films Market Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Research Phases
1.2 Study Deliverables
1.3 Scope of the Report
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
3.2.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Fluoropolymer Films Market Drivers
4.1.1 Growing Demand from Commercial Construction Industry
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2 Fluoropolymer Films Market Restraints
4.2.1 Increasing Use of Reprocessed PTFE
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Fluoropolymer Films Market Opportunities
4.3.1 Growing Applications in Solar Industry
4.3.2 Other Opportunities
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis
5.1 Fluoropolymer Films Market By Type
5.1.1 PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene)
5.1.2 PVDF (polyvinylidene fluoride)
5.1.3 FEP (fluorinated ethylene-propylene)
5.1.4 ETFE (polyethylenetetrafluoroethylene)
5.1.5 PCTFE (polychlorotrifluoroethylene)
5.1.6 PVF (polyvinylfluoride)
5.2 Fluoropolymer Films Market By Application
5.2.1 Automotive & Transportation
5.2.2 Electrical & Electronics
5.2.3 Chemical Processing
5.2.4 Building & Construction
5.2.5 Industrial Equipment
6. Regional Market Analysis (Market size, growth and forecast)
6.1 Asia-Pacific Fluoropolymer Films Market (2018-2023)
6.1.1 China Fluoropolymer Films Market (2018-2023)
6.1.2 India Fluoropolymer Films Market (2018-2023)
6.1.3 Japan Fluoropolymer Films Market (2018-2023)
6.1.4 South Korea Fluoropolymer Films Market (2018-2023)
6.1.5 Rest of APAC
6.2 Europe Fluoropolymer Films Market (2018-2023)
6.2.1 Germany Fluoropolymer Films Market (2018-2023)
6.2.2 UK Fluoropolymer Films Market (2018-2023)
6.2.3 France Fluoropolymer Films Market (2018-2023)
6.2.4 Italy Fluoropolymer Films Market (2018-2023)
6.2.5 Rest of Europe
6.3 North America Fluoropolymer Films Market (2018-2023)
6.3.1 USA Fluoropolymer Films Market (2018-2023)
6.3.2 Canada Fluoropolymer Films Market (2018-2023)
6.3.3 Mexico Fluoropolymer Films Market (2018-2023)
6.3.4 Rest of North America
6.4 South America Fluoropolymer Films Market (2018-2023)
6.4.1 Brazil Fluoropolymer Films Market (2018-2023)
6.4.2 Argentina Fluoropolymer Films Market (2018-2023)
6.4.3 Rest of South America
6.5 Middle East & Africa Fluoropolymer Films Market (2018-2023)
6.5.1 South Africa Fluoropolymer Films Market (2018-2023)
6.5.2 Saudi Arabia Fluoropolymer Films Market (2018-2023)
6.5.3 Rest of Middle East & Africa
7. Future of the Fluoropolymer Films Market (2018-2023)
8. Fluoropolymer Films Market Competitive Landscape
8.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures Collaborations and Agreements
8.2 Market Shares Analysis**
8.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
9. Fluoropolymer Films Market Company Profiles (Overview, Financials**, Products & Services, Recent Developments)
9.1 Afton Plastics
9.2 3M Company
9.3 Arkema SA
9.4 Solvay SA
9.5 Honeywell International Inc.
9.7 Quadrant Ag
9.8 Fluorotherm Polymers Inc.
9.9 Asahi Glass Co. Ltd
9.10 Fluoro-Plastics Incorporated
9.11 Daikin Industries Ltd
9.12 Dongyue Group Ltd
9.13 Fluoro-Plastics Incorporated
9.14 Gujarat Fluorochemicals Ltd
9.15 Halopolymer Ojsc
9.16 Kureha Corporation
9.17 Parker Hannifin Corporation
9.18 Total Plastics
9.20 Shamrock Technologies
9.21 Shanghai 3f New Materials Company Ltd
9.22 Simona Ag
*List Not Exhaustive
**Subject to Availability on Public Domain