|Study Period:||2016 - 2026|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||Asia Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The fluoropolymer film market is expected to register a CAGR of over 3% during the forecast period. The major factor driving the market studied is the growing demand from the commercial construction industry. Increasing usage of reprocessed PTFE and environmental sustainability of fluoropolymers is expected to significantly hinder the growth of the market studied.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the global market during the forecast period owing to the increasing consumption in countries such as China, India, and Japan.
- Increasing applications in the solar industry are likely to act as an opportunity in the future.
Scope of the Report
The fluoropolymer films market is segmented by type, application, end-user industry, and geography. By type, the market is segmented into PTFE, PVDF, FEP, ETFE, PCTFE, PVF, and Other Types. By application, the market is segmented into Barrier Films, Decorative, Microporous, Safety and Security films, Other Applications. By end-user industry, the market is segmented into Automotive, Construction, Electrical and Electronics, Packaging, Personal Care, and Other End-user Industries. The report also covers the market size and forecasts for the fluoropolymer films market in 15 countries across major regions. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done on the basis of revenue (USD million).
|PVDF (Polyvinylidene Fluoride)|
|FEP (Fluorinated Ethylene-Propylene)|
|Safety and Security films|
|Electrical and Electronics|
|Other End-user Industries|
Key Market Trends
Growing Demand from the Construction Industry
- Fluoropolymer films are now revolutionizing the construction industry and have opened up a range of aesthetically pleasing possibilities for architects across a range of applications.
- Fluoropolymer films can be easily joined together by contact welding. Due to their extreme longevity, they are fully recyclable and may have no adverse ecological influence.
- They are mainly used in two special fields of application: Firstly, as a coating material in the textile architecture, where the origins of the design lie in tent construction, and secondly in transparent or translucent ETFE film constructions, for example in the form of roof and wall structures made from segmented air cushions.
- ETFE offers several advantages over the glass in this application, including having strong resistance to hail and breakage, as well as being lighter.
- The United States, China, India, and Japan are the major countries where the construction industry is booming. With the increasing population in such countries, the demand for construction is also growing.
- According to the National Bureau of Statistics of China, the gross output value of construction in 2017 was about CNY 213,944 million. The construction industry in China is expected to increase by 6% by 2020, owing to various constructions of new, approved railway projects.
- Therefore, the growing construction and building industry, especially the commercial building industry, is increasing the demand for fluoropolymer films, which is also expected to increase during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
China to Dominate the Asia-Pacific Market
- China is one of the largest producers and consumers of fluoropolymer films in the world. It is a manufacturing economy with thriving industrial and automotive production.
- China is also one of the largest manufacturers of electronic devices in the world. Thus, the market for fluoropolymer films in China has exhibited the fastest growth rate in the recent past.
- Increasing construction spending in China and favorable regulatory policies toward infrastructure development by the government are expected to drive the demand for fluoropolymer films in China.
- Major projects include Shanghai urban rail transit expansion, Wuhan Urban Rail Transit, Intercity Rail Network in Eastern Guangdong, Intercity Railway along the Yangtze River in Jiangsu province, Suzhou Urban Rail Transit, Changchun Urban Rail Transit, Hangzhou Urban Rail Transit, Chongqing-Qianjiang High Speed Rail, and Guangxi Intercity Railway Network.
- Additionally, China has witnessed exponential growth in the solar industry, which employ active use of fluoropolymer films in the photo-voltaic systems.
- Growing application scope in solar PV cells and semiconductors, owing to moisture and oxidation resistance properties, are factors driving the product demand.
- Furthermore, countries, such as India and Japan, have also been contributing to the growth of the market studied. This is expected to further drive the demand for fluoropolymer films market over the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The fluoropolymer film market is partially fragmented in nature. Some of the major players of the market studied include 3M, DuPont, DAIKIN INDUSTRIES, Ltd., The Chemours Company, and Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics, among others.
- In July 2021, DAIKIN INDUSTRIES, Ltd. has completed the Kashima Integrated Production Center at its Kashima Plant based in Kamisu City, Ibaraki Prefecture of Japan, which had started [roduction of fluorochemicals on June 10, 2021, for various applications, including films, and others.
- In July 2019, Trinity Technology Group (TTG), a manufacturer of fluoropolymer films has announced to invest approximately USD 7.25 million for expanding its production site in Missouri, United States. Moreover, the company manufactures films based on an expanded polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), which are further used in the textile sector, medical, and automotive filtration devices.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Demand from the Commercial Construction Industry
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Use of Reprocessed PTFE
4.2.2 Environmental Sustainability of Fluoropolymers
4.2.3 Impact of COVID-19
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene)
5.1.2 PVDF (Polyvinylidene Fluoride)
5.1.3 FEP (Fluorinated Ethylene-Propylene)
5.1.4 ETFE (Polyethylenetetrafluoroethylene)
5.1.5 PCTFE (Polychlorotrifluoroethylene)
5.1.6 PVF (Polyvinylfluoride)
5.1.7 Other Types
5.2.1 Barrier Films
5.2.4 Safety and Security films
5.2.5 Other Applications
5.3 End-user Industry
5.3.3 Electrical and Electronics
5.3.5 Personal Care
5.3.6 Other End-user Industries
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.2 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
5.4.4 South America
22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
188.8.131.52 South Africa
184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)**/ Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 American Durafilm
6.4.3 Arkema Group
6.4.4 AGC Chemicals
6.4.5 DAIKIN INDUSTRIES, Ltd.
6.4.7 Fluortek AB
6.4.9 Polyflon Technology Limited
6.4.10 Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics
6.4.12 The Chemours Company
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Increasing Applications in the Solar Industry
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Fluoropolymer Films Market market is studied from 2016 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Fluoropolymer Films Market?
The Fluoropolymer Films Market is growing at a CAGR of >3% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Fluoropolymer Films Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Fluoropolymer Films Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Fluoropolymer Films Market?
3M, DAIKIN INDUSTRIES, Ltd., Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics, The Chemours Company, DuPont are the major companies operating in Fluoropolymer Films Market.