|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||Asia Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The fluoroelastomers market is estimated to witness healthy growth, at an estimated CAGR of greater than 6% over the forecast period (2022-2027).
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, nationwide lockdown around the world, disruption in manufacturing activities and supply chains, and production halts have negatively impacted the market. However, the conditions started recovering in 2021, restoring the market's growth trajectory during the forecast period.
· The major factors driving the market's growth are rising usage in sealing applications and applications in a wide range of end-user industries.
· Increasingly Stringent Environmental Regulations and hazardous working conditions are likely to hinder the market's growth.
· Novel applications of perfluorocarbon elastomers are expected to create opportunities for the market in the coming years.
· The Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market and is also expected to witness the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
Scope of the Report
The fluoroelastomers market is segmented by product type, applications, end-user industry, and geography. By product type, the market is segmented into fluorocarbon elastomers, fluorosiliconeelastomers, and perfluorocarbon elastomers. By application, the market is segmented into diaphragms, valves, o-rings, seals and sealants, and other applications. By end-user industry, the market is segmented into automotive, aerospace, oil and gas, industrial, and other end-user industries. The report also covers the market size and forecasts for the fluoroelastomers market in 14 countries across major regions. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done on the basis of volume (kilo tons).
|O-rings, Seals, and Sealants|
|Other Applications (Fuel Hoses, Joints)|
|Oil and Gas|
|Other End-user Industries (Chemical, Defense)|
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand for Fluorocarbon Elastomers
· Fluorocarbon elastomers are highly fluorinated carbon-based polymers used in applications to resist harsh chemicals and ozone attacks. There are, however, specialty-grade fluorocarbons that can provide high fluorine content with low-temperature properties.
· Fluorocarbon elastomers have become of vital importance in seal manufacturing. Due to the wide chemical compatibility, temperature range, low compression set, and excellent aging characteristics, fluorocarbon rubber is the most significant single elastomer developed over the years.
· Fluorocarbons are more resistant to a broader range of chemicals and have excellent high-temperature properties than elastomers, owing to which they are the most preferred elastomers for sealing in the use of O-rings and other custom seals over different types of elastomers globally.
· When exposed to gasoline or UV light and ozone, these elastomers are highly resistant to swelling and degradation. With exposure to low temperatures, fluorocarbon elastomers can become hard (-4 °F) but can be serviceable at low temperatures, although these compounds are not ideal for applications requiring good low-temperature flexibility.
· Additionally, some of the other materials are also present with the differing composition of monomers and fluorine content (65% to 71%) for improved resistance against low, high temperature, or chemicals. Fluorocarbon elastomers provide low gas permeability, making them suitable for hard vacuum service applications and many other industrial applications.
· Owing to all these factors, the market for fluoroelastomers is expected to grow across the world during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
· The Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market. China and India are among the region's largest economies in terms of GDP. The country's manufacturing sector has become one of the biggest production houses in the world, thus providing huge demand for fluoroelastomers.
· Fluoroelastomers manufacture hydraulic O-ring seals, check valve balls, diaphragms, industrial roll covers, V-ring packers, etc., used in the industrial and chemical processing industries.
· According to the National Bureau of Statistics, China's value-added industrial output went up 9.6% Y-o-Y in 2021, up from CNY 31.3 trillion in 2020, which accounted for approximately 30% of the world's manufacturing output.
· JSW Steel planned to complete the construction of its new plants by the first half of 2022. The new plants are being constructed to produce 5 million ton in Dolvi, Maharastra, and 1 million ton in Vijayanagar, Karnataka. The steel company is planning to achieve a 29 million ton production capacity with the completion of greenfield capacities and the acquisition of Bhushan Power and Steel (BPSL).
· The Chinese aircraft industry depicted significant growth over the years. According to Boeing, Chinese airlines will need 8,700 new airplanes, 1.2% higher than its previous prediction of 8,600 planes made the previous year. These would be worth USD 1.47 trillion by 2040.
· The region is the largest automotive manufacturing hub, registering almost 60% share of the world. According to OICA, in the first nine months of 2021, the total production of vehicles stood at 32.67 million units, an increase of 11% compared to the previous year.
· Due to all such factors, the fluoroelastomers market in the region is expected to have a steady growth during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The fluoroelastomers market is partially consolidated in nature. Some of the major players (not in any particular order) in the market include 3M, Daikin Industries Ltd, Solvay, The Chemours Company, and AGC Inc.
- In January 2022, AGC Chemicals Americas Inc. (AGCCA) announced an expansion at its Thorndale, Pennsylvania, production facility that will add up to 50% more manufacturing, quality control lab, and office space. The multiuse facility will be configured to meet the growing needs of the current business and accommodate future production increases and new capabilities.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Rising Usage in Sealing Applications
4.1.2 Applications in a Wide Range of End-user Industries
4.2.1 Increasingly Stringent Environmental Regulations and Hazardous Working Conditions
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value-chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Product Type
5.1.1 Fluorocarbon Elastomers
5.1.2 Fluorosilicone Elastomers
5.1.3 Perfluorocarbon Elastomers
5.2.3 O-rings, Seals, and Sealants
5.2.4 Other Applications (Fuel Hoses, Joints)
5.3 End-user Industry
5.3.3 Oil and Gas
5.3.5 Other End-user Industries (Chemical, Defense)
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.2 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
5.4.4 Rest of the World
22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 Rest of the World
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 AGC Inc.
6.4.3 All Seals Inc.
6.4.4 Daikin Industries Ltd
6.4.5 Eagle Elastomer Inc.
6.4.6 Freudenberg Sealing Technologies
6.4.8 Gujarat Fluorochemicals Limited
6.4.10 KUREHA CORPORATION
6.4.12 Minor Rubber Products
6.4.13 Parker Hannifin Corp.
6.4.14 Precision Associates, Inc.
6.4.15 Shanghai Fluoron Chemicals Co.Ltd
6.4.17 Stockwell Elastomerics Inc.
6.4.18 The Chemours Company
6.4.19 Trp Polymer Solutions Limited
6.4.20 Zhonghao Chenguang Research Institute of Chemical Industry
6.4.21 Zrunek Gummiwaren GmbH
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Novel Applications of Perfluorocarbon Elastomers
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Global Fluoro Elastomers Market market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Global Fluoro Elastomers Market?
The Global Fluoro Elastomers Market is growing at a CAGR of >6% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Global Fluoro Elastomers Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Global Fluoro Elastomers Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Global Fluoro Elastomers Market?
3M, DAIKIN INDUSTRIES, Ltd., Solvay, The Chemours Company, AGC Inc. are the major companies operating in Global Fluoro Elastomers Market.