Europe Surface Treatment Chemicals Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|CAGR:||> 5 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Europe Surface Treatment Chemicals Market Analysis
The European surface treatment chemicals market is expected to register a CAGR of over 5% during the forecast period.
Surface treatment chemicals were used during the COVID-19 pandemic (and post-pandemic) in medical, pharmaceutical, and other consumer products to control the spread of the virus.
- Over the short term, the demand from the automotive, aircraft, construction, and electronics industries is propelling the market growth during the forecast period.
- However, government regulations on chemicals and the push for sustainable bio bioproducts are likely to hinder the market growth.
- Nevertheless, opportunities for the market over the forecast period are expected to come from future market expansion in the aerospace sector and interplanetary and space exploration missions.
- In terms of revenue, Germany is expected to dominate the European market during the forecast period.
Europe Surface Treatment Chemicals Industry Segmentation
The technique of changing a metallic surface with chemicals is known as chemical surface treatment. This sort of surface treatment is typically used to prepare for subsequent finishing operations such as powder coating or anodizing.
The surface treatment chemicals market is segmented by chemical type, base material, end-user industry, and geography. By chemical type, the market is segmented into plating chemicals, cleaners, conversion coatings, and other chemical types. By base material, the market is segmented into metals, plastics, and other base materials. By end-user industry, the market is segmented into automotive & transportation, construction, electronics, industrial machinery, and other end-user industries. By geography, the market is segmented into the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, France, and Rest of Europe.
The report covers the market size and forecast in five countries in the European region. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been provided on the basis of value (USD Million).
|By Chemical Type|
|Other Chemical Types|
|By Base Material|
|Other Base Materials|
|By End-user Industry|
|Automotive & Transportation|
|Other End-user Industries|
|Rest of Europe|
Europe Surface Treatment Chemicals Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Europe Surface Treatment Chemicals Market according to our research experts:
Strong Demand from the Automotive and Transportation Industry
- Surface treatment is used on metal parts in the automotive and aircraft manufacturing industries to add texture, boost durability, and improve anti-corrosive qualities.
- The surface treatment market is mostly dominated by industries in the transportation sector, such as those that manufacture aircraft. Surface treatment chemicals aid in preserving the structural integrity of aircraft parts for longer periods of time. Aircraft parts must survive hostile environments and defend against corrosion.
- The European aerospace industry manufactures a diverse range of vehicles, including aircraft, helicopters, engines, and industry-related equipment. According to Eurostat, France is the largest exporter of large planes in Europe, followed by Germany, Ireland, and the United Kingdom.
- The aerospace sector in the United Kingdom is both the largest in Europe and the second largest in the entire world. The United Kingdom will invest USD 710 million in aerospace technology development.
- Another significant driver of the demand for surface treatment chemicals is the automotive industry. By the end of 2021, 3,400,000 automobiles were produced in Europe, while 932,488 automobiles were produced in the United Kingdom, according to OICA.
- All the above factors are expected to drive the surface treatment chemicals market in Europe.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Germany to Dominate the Market
- Surface treatment chemicals are in high demand in the automotive and aerospace industries. Germany produces more than 6% of the world's cars and more than 12% of airplanes, which has a positive impact on the market for surface treatment chemicals that are used to treat automotive and aerospace parts.
- Germany is Europe’s largest automotive market, accounting for around 25% of all passenger cars manufactured and around 20% of all new registrations. The country is attributed to high-tech automotive products, including autonomous driving technology.
- According to OICA, Germany is the world's largest automobile industry. By the end of 2021, 3,308,692 vehicles were produced in Germany. With about 40 assembly and engine production facilities, Germany dominates the European auto industry and produces one-third of all the cars produced in the continent. As of October 2022, German passenger car sales were up by 16.8%.
- Aeroplane manufacturing sector is one the leading ones in Europe, and Germany is the second-largest exporter of heavy aircraft.
- Considering the aforementioned factors, the European surface treatment chemical market is anticipated to rise steadily over the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Europe Surface Treatment Chemicals Industry Overview
The European surface treatment chemicals market is partially fragmented in nature. Some of the major players in the market include Henkel AG & Company KGaA, Chemetall, Nihon Parkerizing Co. Ltd, Solvay SA, Socomore, The Surface Company, Quaker Chemical Corporation, Oerlikon Group, Fokker Technik (GKN Aerospace), and others.
Europe Surface Treatment Chemicals Market Leaders
Henkel AG & Company
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Europe Surface Treatment Chemicals Market News
- October 2022: Surface treatment specialists Okuno Chemical Industries Co. Ltd. and SurTec made an announcement to expand their surface finishers business in Europe. This acquisition will help both companies to benefit from development and product expansion.
Europe Surface Treatment Chemicals Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Personal Care Industry in the Asia-Pacific Region
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Lack of Regulatory Support for Coating Submissions
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size in Value)
5.1 By Chemical Type
5.1.1 Plating Chemicals
5.1.3 Conversion Coatings
5.1.4 Other Chemical Types
5.2 By Base Material
5.2.3 Other Base Materials
5.3 By End-user Industry
5.3.1 Automotive & Transportation
5.3.4 Industrial Machinery
5.3.5 Other End-user Industries
5.4 By Geography
5.4.2 United Kingdom
5.4.6 Rest of Europe
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers, Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 Fokker Technik (GKN Aerospace).
6.4.3 Henkel AG & Company, KGaA.
6.4.4 Nihon Parkerizing Co., Ltd.
6.4.5 Oerlikon Group
6.4.6 Quaker Chemical Corporation
6.4.7 Socomore, The Surface Company
6.4.8 Solvay SA
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Surface Treatments for Building & Construction and Wastewater Treatment
Europe Surface Treatment Chemicals Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Europe Surface Treatment Chemicals Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Europe Surface Treatment Chemicals Market?
The Europe Surface Treatment Chemicals Market is growing at a CAGR of >5% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Europe Surface Treatment Chemicals Market?
Henkel AG & Company , Chemetall , Solvay S.A., Socomore , Oerlikon Group are the major companies operating in Europe Surface Treatment Chemicals Market.
Europe Surface Treatment Chemicals Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Europe Surface Treatment Chemicals market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Europe Surface Treatment Chemicals analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.