The frequency of kidney cancer, worldwide, has increased in the recent years. Changes in lifestyle, excessive smoking, increased consumption of alcohol and a rise in obesity because of sedentary life routines lead to the growing incidence of the disease. Renal cell carcinoma (RCC), also known as renal cell cancer or renal cell adenocarcinoma, is the most common type of kidney cancer. About 9 out of 10 kidney cancers are renal cell carcinomas.
The Kidney Cancer Market is expected to grow modestly from USD 520 million in 2015 to USD 532 million in 2021.
The Europe kidney cancer therapeutics & diagnostic market is segmented based on:
- Renal cell carcinoma
- Transitional Cell Cancer
- Renal sarcoma
- Other rare types
- Major tests
- Intravenous pyelogram
- CT Scan an
- Kidney Ultrasound.
- Rest of Europe
In addition, the revenue generated by major drugs like Afinitor, Avastin, Inlyta, Nexavar, Proleukin, Votrient and Sutent in the market is also discussed
Some of the key participants in the industry include Pfizer, GlaxoSmithKline, Sanofi S.A, Roche, Novartis, Bayer, Abbott Laboratories, Genentech etc.
- Increasing kidney cancer cases
- Technological developments
- Drug innovations with regard to the kidney cancer
- Government initiatives
- Rise in aging populace
- Advanced health care
- Upsurge in awareness about kidney diseases and their existing therapies in the market
- Increasing health care expenditure
- Rise in number of patent expirations
- Rise in use of generic drugs
- Low success rate in clinical trials
- Regulatory affairs
SPECIALITIES OF THIS REPORT
- The report will be useful in gaining an exhaustive understanding of the regional market. It will also be of assistance in providing a comprehensive analysis of the major trends, innovations and associated prospects for market growth over the coming half a decade.
- The report will be an ideal source material for industry consultants, manufacturers and other interested and allied parties to gain a critical insight into the factors driving and restraining the market, in addition to opportunities offered.
- The report contains wide range of information about the leading market players and the major strategies adopted by them.
WHAT THE REPORT OFFERS
- Market definition along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the industry on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
1.1 Market Definition
1.2 Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Overview
3.1 Market Drivers
3.1.1 Increase in the target population
3.1.2 Increase in the health care expenditure
3.1.3 Increased R&D Expenditure of Pharmaceutical companies
3.2 Market Restraints
3.2.1 Preference for generic drugs
3.2.2 High cost associated with the treatment
3.2.3 Low success rate in clinical trails for cancer drugs
3.2.4 Regulatory affairs – for drug development and approval
3.3 Market Opportunitites
3.4 Market Threats
4. Porters Five Force Analysis
4.1 Bargaining Power of suppliers
4.2 Bargaining power of buyers
4.3 Degree of competition
4.4 Threat of substitution
4.5 Threat of new entrants
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 Europe Kidney Cancer Therapeutics & Diagnostic Market, by Cancer Type
5.1.1 Renal cell carcinoma
5.1.2 Transitional cell carcinoma
5.1.3 Renal sarcoma
5.2 Europe Kidney Cancer Therapeutics Market
5.3 Europe Kidney Cancer Diagnostics Market
5.3.2 Intravenous pyelogram
5.3.3 CT Scan
5.4 Europe Kidney Cancer Therapeutics & Diagnostics Market, By Region
5.4.6 Rest Of Europe
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
6.2 Agreements, Collaborations & Partnerships
6.3 New Product Launches
6.4 Recommendations to new market players
7. Company Profiles
7.2 F. Hoffmann-La Roche
7.6 Abbott Laboratories
7.9 Cerulean Pharma
7.10 Seattle Genetics