Europe Dietary Supplement Packaging Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Forecast Data Period||2023 - 2028|
|Historical Data Period||2018 - 2021|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Europe Dietary Supplement Packaging Market Analysis
The European dietary supplement packaging market is expected to reach a CAGR of 6.7% during the forecast period (2022- 2027). In the EU, dietary supplements are subject to the same regulations as foods, and standardized legislation governs the vitamins, minerals, and substances used as their sources, which are used to create dietary supplements. The packaging market is expanding due to rising vitamin and mineral deficiencies and rising supplement consumption due to increased health and fitness awareness.
- The main drivers of the packaging industry's adoption of lightweight packaging and the growth of demand are the changing consumer lifestyle, preference for travel-friendly packaging, and cost-saving measures.
- People are being urged to adopt a healthier lifestyle, including nutrient-rich foods, use nutritional supplements, and boost their immunity due to the high prevalence of diseases like diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and other chronic diseases. COVID-19 has caused a sudden increase in this dietary supplement packaging demand. Compared to previous years, the sales reached exponentially high levels, which was a major market driver.
- Also, to establish their brand identity and increase spending on innovative packaging solutions for a significant market share, companies that sell dietary supplements are increasingly adopting newer packaging technologies. For instance, in February 2022, Britvic collaborated with Xampla. The company that developed pea protein packaging, on an innovation aimed at using microscopic capsules to protect vitamins in fortified drinks in clear plastic bottles.
- However, the major drawbacks are the lower shelf life of active ingredients and the higher manufacturing cost is projected to restrain the growth of the capsule formulation segment.
- The recent COVID-19 outbreak has resulted in decreased manufacturing at many sites worldwide and disruptions to the supply chain for the packaging industry. In addition, the packaging market can anticipate expansion due to the rising demand for medical and healthcare supplies.
Europe Dietary Supplement Packaging Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Europe Dietary Supplement Packaging Market according to our research experts:
Glass Material to Drive the Market Growth
- Factors such as GDP growth, high disposable income, ease of availability, improvement in living standards, wide variety, and domestic and international players in the market are fueling the glass packaging in the region.
- The demonization of plastic packaging and the increasing push for sustainability, along with the long-established infrastructure for recycling, have created a renewed push for glass bottles across the region. Moreover, glass manufacturers have been key players in the reuse and recycling system of Germany. Gerresheimer, for instance, began producing glass with a higher proportion of recycled glass at the Tettau site in Germany. Many leading players, like Gerresheimer, are driving circularity and resource savings every day.
- According to The Federal Association of the German Glass Industry, ten big glass producers in Germany generate around 20% of the total glass industry revenue. Few big international glassmakers are presently dominating the market and are more interested in producing only one specific type of bottle. Also, the trend of customization is growing in the region, with demand for bespoke glass bottles increasing.
- Additionally, the increasing import of Vitamin supplements by the countries in the Europe region is anticipated to promote growth. For instance, according to UN Comtrade, the European countries, such as Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, France, and Spain, combined held a majority share in 2021.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Italy to Hold Highest Market Share
- The Packaging industry in Italy is driven by various trends prevailing in the market. There is an increase in the living standard and personal disposable income, fueling consumption across a broad range of products and subsequent growth in demand for dietary supplements. Dietary supplements benefit from the growing health culture and focus on prevention, rather than cure, for long-term health, hence driving growth.
- Additionally, a report from Feder Salus, the Italian National Association of Health Products Manufacturers, reveals that 65% of Italian adults consume 2.5 kinds of dietary supplements every year, ranging from energy and cardiovascular supplements to bone and many others, which is fuelling the growth of the market.
- Increasing innovation in the packaging process and focus on easily recyclable materials across the region have propelled growth. The consumer's growing desire to recycle most of the waste materials across the packaging industry in Italy is thereby helping the industries in further development across the packaging sector. According to the European Glass Container Federation, 78% of the glass bottles and jars are collected and recycled into Italy's food-grade material, further increasing the market's growth.
- Moreover, according to New Line Ricerche di mercato, increasing the use of substances that add nutrients to the diet or lower the risk of health problems is anticipated to propel growth. These supplements are used for mental well-being, sleep aid, bowel wellness products, and women's wellness.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Europe Dietary Supplement Packaging Industry Overview
The European dietary supplement packaging market is moderately fragmented. Players invest in R&D activities across the region, along with strategic collaborations, mergers, and acquisitions to expand their presence on the global level. Some of the developments in the market are :
- August 2022- Amcor announced that it had acquired a world-class flexible packaging plant in the Czech Republic. The site's strategic location will enhance Amcor's ability to satisfy strong demand and customer growth across its flexible packaging network in Europe.
Europe Dietary Supplement Packaging Market Leaders
Moulded Packaging Solutions Limited
OPM (labels and packaging) Group Ltd
Graham Packaging Company
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Europe Dietary Supplement Packaging Market News
- August 2022 - ePac Flexible Packaging expands its operations worldwide, including a second site in the UK. The expansion plans include second sites in Poland and France, while a new operation in Austria is set to open in Q4 2022. Additionally, other sites to serve are the Netherlands and Scandinavia.
Europe Dietary Supplement Packaging Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 High Prevalence of Diseases like Diabetes, Cardiovascular disease, and other Chronic diseases
4.2.2 Increasing Adoption of Lightweight Packaging Methods
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Lower Shelf Life of Active Ingredients and the Higher Manufacturing Cost
4.4 Industry Supply Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Material
126.96.36.199 Polypropylene (PP)
188.8.131.52 Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
184.108.40.206 Polyethylene (PE)
220.127.116.11 Other Types of Materials
5.1.4 Paper & Paperboard
5.2 By Product Type
5.2.1 Plastic Bottles
5.2.2 Glass Bottles
5.2.5 Paperboard Boxes
5.2.6 Other Product Types
5.3 By Formulation
5.4 By Country
5.4.1 United Kingdom
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Alpha Packaging
6.1.2 Gerresheimer AG
6.1.3 Law Print & Packaging Management Ltd.
6.1.4 Moulded Packaging Solutions Limited
6.1.5 OPM (labels and packaging) Group Ltd
6.1.6 Novio Packaging B.V.
6.1.7 Graham Packaging Company
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Europe Dietary Supplement Packaging Market Research FAQs
What is the current Europe Dietary Supplement Packaging Market size?
The Europe Dietary Supplement Packaging Market is projected to register a CAGR of 6.7% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in Europe Dietary Supplement Packaging Market?
Alpha Packaging, Gerresheimer AG, Moulded Packaging Solutions Limited, OPM (labels and packaging) Group Ltd and Graham Packaging Company are the major companies operating in the Europe Dietary Supplement Packaging Market.
Europe Dietary Supplement Packaging Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Europe Dietary Supplement Packaging market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Europe Dietary Supplement Packaging analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.