Europe Construction Chemicals Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Europe Construction Chemicals Market Analysis
The European construction chemicals market was valued at USD 15,936.44 million in 2020 and is expected to register a CAGR of ~4.98% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
The market was negatively impacted by COVID-19 in 2020. The construction industry was badly impacted by COVID-19, as many projects were halted in 2020 due to a lack of funds, labor shortage, and lockdown regulations. Due to a ban on inter-state travel, an exodus of migrant workers, also known as informal sector workers, badly affected the supply chain, causing reduced consumption of different construction chemicals from various applications and decreasing their demand and supply in the region. Many end-user sectors and manufacturing factories related to building construction applications were temporarily stopped in the region, considering the workers' concerns in the industries. Thus, due to these factors, the construction chemicals market in Europe was hindered by the impact of COVID-19.
· Over the short term, growing construction activities in the region, increased adoption of innovative construction procedures, and rising demand for water-based products are expected to drive the market's growth.
· Regulations for VOC emissions and unfavorable conditions arising due to COVID-19 are expected to hinder the market’s growth.
· By end-user industry, the residential segment dominated the market. It is expected to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period.
· Increasing focus on sustainable materials is likely to act as an opportunity for the market in the coming years.
Europe Construction Chemicals Industry Segmentation
The European construction chemicals market is segmented by product type, end-user industry, and country. By product type, the market is segmented into concrete admixture and cement grinding aids, surface treatment, repair and rehabilitation, protective coatings, industrial flooring, waterproofing, adhesive and sealants, and grout and anchor. By end-user industry, the market is segmented into commercial, industrial, infrastructure, and residential. The report also covers the market size and forecast for the construction chemicals market in 16 countries across Europe. For each segment, the market sizing and forecast have been done based on revenue (USD million).
|Concrete Admixture and Cement Grinding Aids|
|Repair and Rehabilitation|
|Adhesive and Sealants|
|Grouts and Anchors|
|Rest of Europe|
Europe Construction Chemicals Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Europe Construction Chemicals Market according to our research experts:
Residential Sector to Dominate the Market
- Residential construction comprises luxury housing and middle-class housing.
- Elite class is synonymous with luxury, and elite housing refers to luxurious residences. The demand for apartments, penthouses, villas, and bungalows in gated communities with world-class designs and amenities is increasing rapidly.
- Architects and developers are producing new, innovative elite housing ideas to cater to such demand. Construction chemicals are used in huge quantities to overcome the challenges in new and innovative elite housing projects.
- Elite housing also evolved with emerging technologies in construction.
- The construction industry started using 4D virtual reality models to involve the owners in the construction environments during the planning and designing stages. Making the buyers walk through a fully interactive immersive experience before finalizing plans allows them to win buy-in and produce plans that meet the expectations. Augmented reality allows users to walk through real 3D environments while gathering and viewing additional real-time information about the house. Due to such technological advancements, the demand for luxury houses is increasing.
- The residential construction industry in Germany is on the rise, even after the COVID-19 impact in 2020. The construction industry’s output increased by 2.8% in 2020. The turnover decreased in Q1 2021. In 2022, residential construction activity is expected to have a rebound of about 2.5%.
- According to the Federal Statistical Office, turnover in building completion work was up by 9.1% in the third quarter of 2021 compared to the third quarter of 2020.
- According to Eurostat, the construction cost of new residential buildings was 9.40% Y-o-Y in September 2021.
- The rising middle-class population, coupled with increasing disposable incomes, has expanded the middle-class housing segment, which may boost the demand for construction chemicals during the forecast period.
- Thus, increasing residential construction in Europe is expected to impact the construction chemicals market positively during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Germany to Dominate the Market in Europe
- Germany had the largest market for construction chemicals in Europe, which is expected to grow during the forecast period.
- The country has been continuously investing in quality infrastructure and has one of the best infrastructures in the world. According to the World Economic Forum’s Global Competitiveness Report, in 2019, the country ranked 8th in terms of the infrastructure index during 2018-2019, gaining two places from 10th in 2017-2018.
- Germany has the largest construction industry in Europe, which has been growing slowly, majorly driven by increasing new residential construction activities. According to industry experts, completion of the construction of new houses was estimated at 306,376 units in 2020 compared to 293,002 units in 2019.
- During 2020, the domestic construction sector recorded robust growth of about 6% by revenue. The trend is predicted to remain the same for the next two years due to expected growth in residential construction and public investment.
- The non-residential and commercial buildings in the country are expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period, supported by lower interest rates, an increase in real disposable incomes, and many investments by the European Union and the German government.
- In May 2020, the construction of 32,000 apartments with building permits was approved in Germany, 3.9% more building permits than in May 2019, according to the Federal Statistical Office (Destatis) report.
- According to Statistisches Bundesamt (Destatis), the construction of new dwellings increased to 327.26 thousand in 2020 compared to 317.82 thousand in 2019. The German construction industry registered significant growth despite a severe COVID-19 impact.
- In the third quarter of 2021, the country started constructing the Central Hospital in Lörrach, Baden-Wuerttemberg, with an investment of USD 418 million. It is expected to be completed by 2025. The project aims to build a center for mental health and a medical department store with a parking garage.
- The German government and the national railway company, Deutsche Bahn, agreed to invest approximately EUR 86 billion into rail network maintenance over the next 10 years. Overall, such factors are expected to drive the German construction industry, which may drive the market for construction chemicals during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Europe Construction Chemicals Industry Overview
The construction chemicals market in Europe is partly consolidated, with the top five companies occupying a regional share of ~47-49%. The prominent companies in the market use different strategies (such as mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, agreements, collaborations, and the expansion of production facilities) to meet consumer demand. The major players in the market include Sika AG, MBCC Group, MAPEI SpA, Dow, and RPM International Inc.
Europe Construction Chemicals Market Leaders
RPM International Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Europe Construction Chemicals Market News
- In September 2021, Saint-Gobain completed the acquisition of CHRYSO. CHRYSO joined the businesses serving the sustainable construction market within the high-performance solutions segment.
- In May 2021, CHRYSO launched EnviroMix, a global range of innovative products and services aimed at reducing and controlling the carbon footprint of concrete, dedicated to the ready-mix and precast concrete industries.
- In April 2021, Dow introduced DOWSIL 375 Construction & Glass Embedding, a new high strength, fast-cure technology, which helps enhance construction and glass embedding designs safely and efficiently.
Europe Construction Chemicals Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Construction Activities in the Region
4.1.2 Increased Adoption of Innovative Construction Procedures
4.1.3 Rising Demand for Water-based Products
4.2.1 Regulations for VOC Emissions
4.2.2 Unfavorable Conditions Arising Due to COVID-19
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Product Type
5.1.1 Concrete Admixture and Cement Grinding Aids
5.1.2 Surface Treatment
5.1.3 Repair and Rehabilitation
5.1.4 Protective Coatings
5.1.5 Industrial Flooring
5.1.7 Adhesive and Sealants
5.1.8 Grouts and Anchors
5.2 End-user Industry
5.3.2 United Kingdom
5.3.17 Rest of Europe
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers, Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 Arkema Group
6.4.4 ARDEX Global
6.4.5 Bolton Group
6.4.6 Cementaid International Ltd
6.4.7 CHRYSO SAS
6.4.10 Fosroc Inc.
6.4.11 GCP Applied Technologies Inc.
6.4.12 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
6.4.14 MAPEI SpA
6.4.15 MBCC GROUP
6.4.17 RPM International Inc.
6.4.18 Grupa Selena
6.4.19 Sika AG
6.4.20 Thermax Global
6.4.21 WEBER (Saint-Gobain Weber)
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Increasing Focus on Sustainable Materials
Europe Construction Chemicals Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Europe Construction Chemicals Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Europe Construction Chemicals Market?
The Europe Construction Chemicals Market is growing at a CAGR of 4.98% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Europe Construction Chemicals Market?
Sika AG, Dow, MBCC Group, RPM International Inc., MAPEI SpA are the major companies operating in Europe Construction Chemicals Market.
Europe Construction Chemicals Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Europe Construction Chemicals market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Europe Construction Chemicals analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.