|Study Period:||2019- 2026|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Europe 3D 4D Technology Market is expected to reach a CAGR of 20.2% during the forecast period. The increase in the adoption rate of 3D 4D technology in various application segments, such as aerospace, automotive, and healthcare, is boosting the growth of the 3D 4D technology market in the region. The healthcare industry in Europe witnessed growth, with compelling developments in 3D reconstruction and printing technology.
- The region has a robust and stable R&D infrastructure, with research in healthcare-related preservative manufacturing, along with a pool of educational institutions to provide relevant training for skill expansion.
- Companies in the country, such as BASF, collaborated with the French biotech bioprinting company Poietis to develop services and products in the 3D-bioprinting field. As per the companies, they aim to apply their joint 3D-bioprinted skin project to test and evaluate cosmetic ingredients and skincare products.
- The communal spread of the Coronavirus has created a considerable impact on the global 3D and 4D technology market. However, the 3D imaging solution is projected to create lucrative revenue during the projected timeframe due to its applications in some of the booming industries during these testing times, including Healthcare and Education Technology.
- For example, in April 2020, Printlab (UK) and Printcity, significant developers in 3D printing technology, announced the launching of a free 3D printing lesson plan to support the fight against Covid-19. The fully-integrated 3D printing project creates awareness of the rapid transmission of viruses such as corona on surfaces.
Scope of the report
The scope of the Europe 3D 4D technology market study is segmented by application, end-user vertical, and country. 3D has reached beyond its existing scope to enter the fields of various end-user verticals such as healthcare, industrial, and media, and entertainment, among others, to provide a wide range of products for various applications to ease the operational efficiency and result in cost-effective production.
|Electrical and Electronic Components (IC, Transistors, Sensors Etc.)|
|3D Gaming Console|
|Entertainment and Media|
|Rest of Europe|
Key Market Trends
Healthcare is Expected to Hold SIgnificant Share
- In medicine, 3D reconstruction is being used to make numerous objects, like prosthetics and implants, using various materials, such as metal and plastic.
- For instance, in the mid of 2019, Evonik, a German specialty chemicals company in biomaterials for medical implants, announced the launch of a new line of RESOMER filaments to enable 3D printing of personalized, high-resolution bioresorbable implants.
- At the starting of 2020, FabRx was awarded funding from Innovate UK, the innovation agency, to develop the 3D printer to produce personalized medicines. The industrial research project, worth EUR 600,000, would be led by FabRx, in partnership with Katjes UK and Magic Candy Factory, an 3D printing start-up specializing in the 3D printing of confectionery products.
- This project seeks to develop the 3D printer, which is safe and ‘fit-for-purpose to produce printed tablets (“printlets”) in the hospital pharmacy setting, adhering to the regulatory and clinical guidelines. Moreover, according to the NHS Blood and Transplant, the number of organ transplants in the United Kingdom increased to 3951 in 2018/19. Hence, these initiatives are expected to augment the growth of the market in the country.
- Moreover, in October 2020, The European Commission extended support for the Venture Centre of Excellence program to announce a EUR 150 million financial contribution. It aims to empower financing for European health start-ups to help accelerate health innovation for citizens, further leading to 3D and 3D technology innovations for healthcare.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Germany is Expected to Witness Significant Growth
- Companies in the country, such as EnvisionTEC GmbH, offer 3D-bioplotter for the automated production of organs and tissues to address complex health challenges in medicine. Bioprinting with the 3D-bioplotter allows medical researchers to combine cells, gels, polymers, and more into a single-scaffold object that can replace an injured or missing body part, from tissue and bone to organs. Additionally, Black Drop Biodrucker GmbH is a German 3D-bioprinting company located in Europe. Black Drop provides bioprinters, bio-inks, tissue models, and a range of bioprinting-related services.
- In February 2020, Formlabs announced a partnership with the Germany-based BEGO, a manufacturer of prosthodontics and implants for the dental industry. This partnership aims to bring temporary and permanent 3D printed crowns and bridges to the market for dental applications. Through the collaboration, Formlabs dental customers will have access to BEGO’s range of restorative materials for dentistry, enabling them to 3D print temporary and permanent crowns for patients directly. This capability to produce dental restorations using a fully digital workflow is expected to reduce costs and turnaround times, resulting in better patient care.
- The growing incidence of chronic diseases, such as heart and kidney failures, increasing aging population, and a limited number of organ donors are expected to create opportunities for the market over the forecast period. For instance, in Germany, it is expected that by 2035, there will be 24 billion people aged 65 years or older (31% of the total population).
- Organ transplant is the primary purpose served by bioprinting technology for the healthcare industry in Germany. According to the European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines & HealthCare (EDQM), 27.8 kidney transplants procedures were carried out per million population in Germany in 2018. The rate of kidney transplant procedures has increased since 2016. Liver transplants were the second-most carried out transplant procedure in Germany in 2017, with a 10.7 per million population.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The market for 3D 4D Technology in Europe is moderately fragmented due to major international and local players. The companies in the region are adopting strategic partnerships, mergers, and innovations to maintain a competitive advantage in the market.
- February 2020 - Stratasys Ltd announced Siemens mobility services had continued its investment in company technology to support its expansion in rail maintenance operations in Russia. The company's two 3D printers, Fortus 450mc, were installed in St Petersburg and Moscow to transform its maintenance operating by leveraging its Siemens Mobility domain Knowledge. This investment aims to optimize services using 3D printing and digital inventory of train parts and production of replacements and spare vehicle components.
- August 2021 – ExOne announced the collaboration with Maxxwell Motors to develop 3D printed copper windings. This collaboration allows Maxxwell Motors to use a newly developed unique copper e-winding design in their innovative axial flux electric motors for electric cars, heavy-duty vehicles, and industrial devices.
- June 2020 - HP Inc. partnered with Redington 3D in India to produce -.12 million ventilator parts for AgVa Healthcare. As a part of this initiative, 12 categories of parts have been 3D printed to manufacture 10,000 ventilators.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. Technology Snapshot
5.1 Trends in 3D Technology
5.2 Trends in 4D Technology
5.3 Applications of 3D/4D Technology
6. MARKET DYNAMICS
6.1 Market Drivers
6.1.1 Government Initiatives in Encouraging 3D/4D Technologies
6.1.2 Emerging Opportunities in Healthcare
6.2 Market Restraints
6.2.1 High Product Associated Costs
7. MARKET SEGMENTATION
7.1 By Application
7.1.1 Electrical and Electronic Components (IC, Transistors, Sensors Etc.)
7.1.2 3D Printer
7.1.3 3D Gaming Console
7.1.4 3D Imaging
7.1.5 3D Displays
7.1.6 Other Applications
7.2 By Industry
7.2.2 Entertainment and Media
7.2.6 Consumer Electronics
7.3 By Country
7.3.1 United Kingdom
7.3.5 Rest of Europe
8. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
8.1 Company Profiles
8.1.1 3D Systems Corporation
8.1.2 Dolby Laboratories, Inc.
8.1.3 LG Electronics Inc.
8.1.4 Barco N.V.
8.1.5 Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
8.1.6 Autodesk, Inc.
8.1.7 Stratasys, Inc.
8.1.8 Panasonic Corporation
8.1.9 Sony Corporation
8.1.10 Dreamworks Animation SKG, Inc.
9. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
10. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Europe 3D 4D Technology Market market is studied from 2019 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Europe 3D 4D Technology Market?
The Europe 3D 4D Technology Market is growing at a CAGR of 20.2% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Europe 3D 4D Technology Market?
3D Systems Corporation, Dolby Laboratories, Inc., LG Electronics Inc., Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., Panasonic Corporation are the major companies operating in Europe 3D 4D Technology Market.