|Fastest Growing Market:||Middle East and Africa|
|Largest Market:||Asia Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Diesel Common Rail Injection System Market was valued at USD 21.42 billion in 2021, and it is expected to reach USD 27.90 billion by 2027, registering a CAGR of about 4.5% during the forecast period (2022 – 2027).
COVID-19 negatively impacted the market. The COVID-19 pandemic saw a fall in economic growth in nearly all the major regions, thus altering consumer spending patterns. Due to the lockdown executed around several countries, international and national transport have been hampered, which has considerably affected the supply chain of several industries around the world, thus expanding the supply-demand gap. Therefore, failure in raw material supply is anticipated to hamper the production rate of diesel common rail injection systems, which negatively impacts the market growth.
Over the medium term, the rigorous emission norms being enforced by global governmental and environmental agencies are marked to be promoting the growth of the diesel common rail injection systems market. Also, the lower cost of diesel vehicles, as well as the lower cost of diesel in comparison with petrol, is also evenly stimulating the sales volumes of diesel automobiles, thus impacting the market growth. However, increasing demand and penetration of electric vehicles in the automotive sector are anticipated to hinder the market's growth. For instance,
· Bharat Stage (BS) norms aim at tighter regulations by reducing the permissible level of tailpipe pollutants. For example, BS-IV – introduced in 2017, allowed 50 parts per million (ppm) of sulfur, while the new and updated BS-VI – applicable from 2020, allows only 10 ppm of sulfur, 80 mg of NOx(Diesel), 4.5 mg/km of particulate matter, 170 mg/km of hydrocarbon and NOx together.
The US Energy Information Administration and the International Energy Agency predicted that the world energy demand is expected to rise by over 50% from now to 2030 if policies remain unchanged. Also, diesel and gasoline are predicted to remain the leading automotive fuels until 2030. Diesel engines are fuel-efficient but have high emissions compared with advanced gasoline engines. Current combustion systems combining the best qualities of diesel engines ensure high efficiency and low emissions.
It is estimated that Asia-pacific will dominate the diesel common rail injection system market, showing considerable growth during the forecast period. Middle-East and Africa is the fastest growing market in the region.
Scope of the Report
Common rail is a fuel injection system found in modern diesel engines. Common rail systems provide a level of flexibility that can be exploited for class-leading emission control, power, and fuel consumption.
The diesel common rail injection system market is segmented by vehicle type, fuel injector type, and geography.
The market is segmented by vehicle type: passenger cars, light commercial vehicles, and heavy commercial vehicles. By fuel injector type, the market is segmented into conventional solenoid injector, and piezoelectric injector. By geography, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-pacific, and Rest of the world.
The report also covers the market sizes and forecasts for the diesel common rail systems market. For each segment, market sizing and forecasts have been done based on value (USD Billion).
|Light Commercial Vehicles|
|Heavy Commercial Vehicles|
|Fuel Injector Type|
|Conventional Solenoid Injector|
Key Market Trends
Development of the Automotive Industry and Growing E-Commerce, Construction, and Logistics Activities Across Several Countries in the World.
The automotive industry has recorded considerable growth in recent years, owing to the introduction of vehicles with efficient fuel consumption technology and technological advancements. Various companies such as Tata Motors and Ashok Leyland have been introducing and developing their advanced commercial vehicles to several global markets, which has enhanced the growth of the global market. For instance,
· In November 2021, Tata motors has launched Tata Signa 3118. T, Tata Signa 4221. T, Tata Signa 4021. S, Tata Signa 5530. S 4×2, Tata Prima 2830. K RMC REPTO, Tata Signa 4625. S ESC a Medium And Heavy Commercial Vehicle Segment.
The diesel common rail systems market, driven by logistics and developments in the construction and e-commerce industry, is likely to witness substantial growth in the near future, with good opportunities opening in the infrastructure and logistic sectors.For instance,
· In 2021, the size of the Indian logistics market was around USD 250 billion. It was estimated that this market would grow to USD 380 billion in 2025, at a compound annual growth rate between 10% to 12%.
The demand for diesel common rail systems is expected to rise over the forecast period owing to increased logistics and construction activities. China’s One Belt One Road initiative is a vastly striving project that aims to construct a unified market with topographies across the globe through road, rail, and sea routes. Also, in Saudi Arabia, the Neom Project aims to build a smart futuristic city with a total length of 460 kilometers and a total area of 26500 square kilometers. Thus, to capture the growing demand for diesel engines at the global level, automobile manufacturers have commenced plans to expand their diesel engines manufacturing business in the potential regions during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific likely to Exhibit the Highest Growth Rate during the Forecast Period
Geographically, Asia-Pacific is a prominent region in the CRDI market, followed by North America and Europe. The Asia-Pacific region is majorly driven by countries like China, Japan, and India. The region is expected to dominate the market as an automotive hub, owing to increasing vehicle production per year across several countries in this region during the forecast period. The demand for diesel common rail injection systems is growing in the country due to numerous factors, such as companies entering partnerships for developing new products and manufacturers investing in R&D projects. For instance,
· In 2021, Dongfeng Cummins was investing CNY 2 billion in R&D projects for heavy-duty engines in China. It is proposed to build a heavy-duty engine intelligent assembly line (including assembly, test, spray, and attached techniques), and a modern assembly shop, which can accomplish mixed flow production of natural gas engines and 8-15L diesel.
Apart from China, the United States in North America is anticipated to witness high demand for diesel common rail injection systems. In the last couple of years, many automakers introduced various diesel vehicles in the United States, which consumers have very well received, and several manufacturers have announced their plans to expand their diesel model portfolios. For instance,
· In June 2021, Maruti Suzuki reintroduced its 1.5-Liter diesel engine. In 2022. the Indo-Japanese automaker plans to launch a BS6-compliant 1.5-liter diesel engine, which will likely be introduced first with the Maruti Suzuki XL6.
The growing demand for diesel engines and continuous investment in engine technology are fuelling the market demand, which is expected to grow further during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The diesel common rail injection system market is consolidated, with the presence of major companies, such as Robert Bosch GmbH, DENSO Corporation, BorgWarner Inc., and Continental AG. The market also has the presence of other companies, such as Cummins. Robert Bosch is leading the market. The company produces the common rail system for gasoline and diesel engine systems under the powertrain category of the mobility solutions business division. The CRS2-25 and CRS3-27 models are the two common rail systems offered with solenoid and Piezo injectors. The company has a strong presence in Europe and America.
Continental AG holds the second position in the market. Earlier, Siemens VDO used to develop common rail systems for vehicles. However, it was later acquired by Continental AG, which is currently offering diesel common rail injection systems for vehicles under the powertrain division.
· In September 2020, Weichai Power, China’s largest manufacturer of commercial vehicle engines, and Bosch raised the efficiency of a Weichai diesel engine for heavy commercial vehicles to 50% for the first time and set a new global standard. Generally, the thermal efficiency of a heavy commercial vehicle’s engine is currently around 46%. Weichai and Bosch aim to constantly develop technology for protecting the environment and the climate.
Robert Bosch GmbH
Magneti Marelli SpA
· In February 2022, DENSO Corporation introduced its fourth-generation common rail diesel technology. One of the key characteristics of the CRS, which has played a large part in delivering the efficiency gains associated with it, is the fact that it operates with the fuel under pressure, and also the pressure of the fuel in the system has increased.
· In February 2021, Cummins Inc. and Daimler Truck AG stated a global plan for developing medium-duty commercial vehicle engine systems. This partnership concentrates on recognizing potential synergies in areas such as engine system components and powertrain components.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.2 Market Restraints
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Vehicle Type
5.1.1 Passenger Cars
5.1.2 Light Commercial Vehicles
5.1.3 Heavy Commercial Vehicles
5.2 Fuel Injector Type
5.2.1 Conventional Solenoid Injector
5.2.2 Piezoelectric Injector
5.3.1 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 Rest of North America
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 South America
22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
126.96.36.199 United Arab Emirates
188.8.131.52 South Africa
184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Vendor Market Share
6.2 Company Profiles
6.2.1 Continental AG
6.2.2 BorgWarner Inc.
6.2.3 DENSO Corporation
6.2.4 HYUNDAI KEFICO Corporation
6.2.5 Robert Bosch GmbH
6.2.6 Cummins Inc.
6.2.7 DELL'ORTO SpA
6.2.8 Magneti Marelli SpA
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Diesel Common Rail Injection System Market market is studied from 2018 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Diesel Common Rail Injection System Market?
The Diesel Common Rail Injection System Market is growing at a CAGR of >4.5% over the next 5 years.
What is Diesel Common Rail Injection System Market size in 2018?
The Diesel Common Rail Injection System Market is valued at 22 Billion USD in 2018.
What is Diesel Common Rail Injection System Market size in 2027?
The Diesel Common Rail Injection System Market is valued at 27 Billion USD in 2027.
Which region has highest growth rate in Diesel Common Rail Injection System Market?
Middle East and Africa is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Diesel Common Rail Injection System Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Diesel Common Rail Injection System Market?
Robert Bosch GmbH, Continental AG, DENSO Corporation, Magneti Marelli SpA, BorgWarner Inc. are the major companies operating in Diesel Common Rail Injection System Market.