Construction Robots Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Construction Robots Market Analysis
The Construction Robot Market is expected to register a CAGR of approximately 12.9% during the forecast period. The growing urbanization, industrialization penetration, and advanced construction & demolition operation factors are driving market revenue growth.
- The increasing focus of construction organizations on reducing building materials' resources and material waste during construction will drive the adoption of the construction robot market. Further, Autodesk identifies that while it is difficult to get exact figures of the waste produced on a typical construction site, several construction organizations have thought that nearly 30% of the total weight of building materials transported to a building site gets wasted.
- Further, reducing the construction time of the projects is aiding the growth of construction robots. Printstones, an Austria-based manufacturer of mobile 3D printing robots for construction, has launched its latest manufacturing robot. A modular design indicates the Baubot, which easily allows third-party customer modifications. Described as a 'multi-functional construction robot,' the rover-Esque device goes beyond concrete 3D printing. It qualifies for many flexible manufacturing processes such as material transportation, welding, milling, screwdriver, cutting, painting, and even bricklaying.
- Further, in May 2022, Dusty Robotics raised USD 45 million to announce the Industry's First Hardware, Software, and Services Solution to Destroy Construction Errors Through Advanced Robotics. FieldPrinter automates digital floor techniques on construction sites by printing them full-size on the floor through a mixture of hardware, software, and services.
- With the growing need for new infrastructure, automated construction solutions are expected to gain momentum over the coming years and impact the market positively. According to Redshift, the industry must build 13,000 buildings daily from now to 2050 to support an expected population of seven billion living in urban areas.
- Furthermore, high costs associated with acquiring and maintaining the technologies are one of the challenges in implementing construction robotics. The purchase, along with the implementation of the technologies, is costly. Therefore, only firms with a good turnover and market competition can afford these technologies. In addition to this, automation technologies need to be updated and maintained, and most of them are expensive to do it. The maintenance cost for the new robotics equipment is higher because of the exceptional technician's needs.
- The past outbreak of COVID-19 adversely affected the construction industry, with construction work coming to a standstill in the initial months of the lockdown. However, the product demand witnessed an increased interest in adoption from the industry owing to the safety benefits offered by the technology.
Construction Robots Industry Segmentation
Companies use construction robots for building and infrastructure construction at the site. These robots can move and fix themselves to the working zone, manage construction materials, and communicate with humans and other machinery. The market study provides a brief understanding of the implications of robotics deployment in the construction industry while providing a regional analysis.
The Construction Robots Market is Segmented by Type into Demolition, Bricklaying, and 3D Printing, by Applications into Public Infrastructure, and Commercial and Residential Buildings, and by geography into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World. The market sizes and forecasts are in terms of value (USD million) for all the above segments. The scope of the study covers the impact of COVID-19 on the market and impacted segments. Further, the disruption of the factors affecting the market's expansion has been covered in the study regarding drivers and restraints.
|Other Types (Exoskeletons and Masonry)|
|Commercial and Residential Buildings|
|Rest of the World|
Construction Robots Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Construction Robots Market according to our research experts:
3D Printing Type is Expected to Hold Significant Share
- The studied market is expected to witness higher investments from venture capitalists in the coming years, with 3D printing technology at the forefront. 3D printing robots in the industry will see prominent growth over the forecast period due to the growing interest in adopting the technology and rising investments. For instance, Mighty Buildings recently raised USD 40 million in its series B funding to create homes that it says are beautiful, sustainable, and affordable using 3D printing.
- Moreover, companies use a robotic arm in the contour crafting method of construction. It involves the material being deposited and manipulated to create a massive 3D structure that's smooth to the touch. Rails to support the robotic arm are deployed around the construction site so the arm can move exactly where it requires.
- For instance, the tech building company ICON 3D-printed an entire house in 24 hours at just USD 10,000. ICON's automated construction robot, Vulcan, can 3D-print exclusive homes with almost zero waste and little water. With a focus on disaster relief work, the company signed a 100-home project in El Salvador. Such instances are poised to influence the growth of 3D robots for construction purposes.
- Further, the countries like the US, China, and the United Arab Emirates are taking significant steps toward constructing buildings utilizing 3D printing. Dubai has the world's most ambitious policy to promote automated construction, an official 3D Printing Strategy. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum calls for 25% of buildings to be 3D-printed by 2030. A significant step forward for this initiative was the 3D printing of the Dubai Office of the Future.
- Also, in March 2022, Metal 3D printing technology designer Meltio announced Admasys International Group as its new official sales member in the Czech Republic, Hungary, and Slovakia. Admasys International choice works to build an extensive distribution network for Meltio's wire-based DED 3D printing technology throughout the European region.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America is Expected to Hold Major Share
- The increased unemployment and deficiency of skilled labor in The US have proven to be critical in developing the construction robotics market in the North American region. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the nation's unemployment rate increased by 3.7% in August 2022 compared to the previous month.
- However, according to PIAAC data, it is calculated 38% of jobs in the US are at significant risk of being automated during the next decade. According to a report by the Associated General Contractors of America, 70% of contractors in the US struggle to hire skilled craft workers. It comes as hiring needs in the industry are expected to grow 12% by 2026 with the demand for construction robots.
- Furthermore, in March 2022, Rugged Robotics, a Houston-based innovator of construction technology, introduced USD 9.4 million in Series A funding. Similar to Dusty Robotics, Rugged offers a robot to automate construction layout. Rugged's Mark I marks architectural and engineering designs straight onto concrete floors, so workers know where to build. The robot is available for commercial use, which the firm delivers via layout as a service.
- Several robotics startups in the United States have started inventing robots focused on the construction industry to resolve the challenges faced by manual labor and make the enterprise more efficient.
- Further, in July 2022, Intelligent City Inc. announced an investment of USD 22 million as part of a proposal to expand into new markets and grow its factory operations. The company is best known for deploying robotics to assemble mass timber buildings geared toward mid-to-high-rise homes and offices.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Construction Robots Industry Overview
The competitive landscape of the construction robot market is relatively concentrated due to the presence of significant players. The construction industry is one of the least automated sectors, and the robot's adoption rate is nascent. Hence, the market players are looking for lucrative possibilities to launch their products and gain the maximum market share. Also, the vendors are looking for opportunities to raise investments from various stakeholders to enhance their exhibition of robots for the construction industry.
March 2022 - Israeli startup Largix launched an automated and robotic 3D design and production platform for the industrial manufacturing of large, custom-made end products. An autonomous deposition technology called 'Cold 3D Printing' powers it. The 3D printer can create big industrial storage tanks and other products using ordinary recycled polymers as input.
March 2022 - Pudu Robotics, the global leader in commercial service robots, held its spring new product launch in Shenzhen. With the theme of "3+X", the company released four latest robots, including three delivery robots, SwiftBot, PUDU A1, PUDU D1, and one cleaning robot, and PUDU SH1 for commercial use.
Construction Robots Market Leaders
Construction Robotics, LLC
FastBrick Robotics, Ltd.
Advanced Construction Robotics, Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Construction Robots Market News
- September 2022: HP launched a site printing robot that marks up plans on construction sites, generating significant productivity gains. It can also print text and bring supplementary data from the digital model to the construction site. It is designed to be autonomous and can avoid barriers.
- January 2022: Simpliforge Creations, a provider of additive manufacturing solutions, launched its first state-of-the-art Robotic Construction 3D Printer. It claims to be India’s first and South Asia’s largest Robotic Construction 3D printer and can print landscaping elements, statues, furniture, and wall façade, among others.
Construction Robots Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Rapid Urbanization
4.3.2 Stringent Government Regulations for Worker's Safety
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 High Equipment and Setup Costs
4.5 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Type
5.1.3 3D Printing
5.1.4 Other Types (Exoskeletons and Masonry)
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Public Infrastructure
5.2.2 Commercial and Residential Buildings
5.2.3 Other Applications
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 North America
5.3.4 Rest of the World
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Brokk AB
6.1.2 Husqvarna AB
6.1.3 Construction Robotics LLC
6.1.4 Fastbrick Robotics Ltd
6.1.5 Advanced Construction Robotics Inc.
6.1.6 Dusty Robotics
6.1.7 Apis Cor
6.1.8 COBOD International AS
6.1.9 Ekso Bionics
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Construction Robots Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Construction Robots Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Construction Robots Market?
The Construction Robots Market is growing at a CAGR of 12.9% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Construction Robots Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Construction Robots Market?
North America holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Construction Robots Market?
Brokk AB, Husqvarna AB, Construction Robotics, LLC, FastBrick Robotics, Ltd., Advanced Construction Robotics, Inc. are the major companies operating in Construction Robots Market.
Construction Robots Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Construction Robots market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Construction Robots analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.