Commercial Aircraft In-seat Power System Market Size
|2019 - 2029
|Market Size (2024)
|USD 149.04 Million
|Market Size (2029)
|USD 174.96 Million
|CAGR (2024 - 2029)
|Fastest Growing Market
|Middle East and Africa
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Commercial Aircraft In-seat Power System Market Analysis
The Commercial Aircraft In-seat Power System Market size is estimated at USD 149.04 million in 2024, and is expected to reach USD 174.96 million by 2029, growing at a CAGR of 3.26% during the forecast period (2024-2029).
- The aviation industry witnessed unprecedented challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Several airlines across the world faced impending losses and liquidity crises, resulting in the cancellation or postponement of aircraft deliveries and cabin retrofit programs. Furthermore, the pandemic also impacted manufacturing facilities across the aerospace supply chain.
- Major aircraft original equipment manufacturer (OEMs) have reduced their production rate to adjust to the demand for new aircraft. A reduction in production rate will hamper most of the tier-1 and tier-2 players, like the in-seat power system manufacturers, thereby challenging their growth.
- The substantial rise in passenger traffic and the imposition of new emission regulations have led to a significant increase in the demand for new-generation aircraft purchases. This is expected to simultaneously have a positive effect on the commercial aircraft in-seat power system market, as most of the airlines are offering this feature on their new fleet to enhance their passenger experience during flight. The growing personal gadget usage and the increasing demand for bring your own device (BYOD) concept in the past few years is driving the need to support the passengers (to charge their personal electronic devices) with in-seat power systems.
Commercial Aircraft In-seat Power System Market Trends
Economy Class Segment Will Showcase the Highest Growth During the Forecast Period
- The economy class segment is projected to show significant growth in the commercial aircraft in-seat power system market during the forecast period. The growth is attributed to the increasing number of aircraft deliveries, rising spending on advanced aircraft seats, and rapid expansion of the aviation sector.
- Economy class constitutes a majority of the seats in an aircraft. With the economic growth of middle-class families across the world, the demand for economy class has increased sharply since the recovery from the recession in 2008. With higher demand for the segment, all the airlines around the world are modernizing their cabin interior interfaces to enhance the passenger experience. There are new retrofitting programs being undertaken by the airlines, along with the installation of new and specialized seats in new aircraft orders.
- For instance, in June 2022, Recaro Aircraft Seating entered a partnership with Panasonic Avionics Corporation to unveil a new in-flight entertainment seat-end solution installed on the CL3810 economy class seat. Through this, travelers can enjoy entertainment amenities such as a 4K OLED screen with High Dynamic Range (HDR) and Panasonic's Bluetooth technology, as well as 67W of USB-C power to fast-charge smart devices.
- Additionally, in February 2021, Recaro Aircraft Seating signed an extension contract with Airbus to continue delivering SWIFT economy class seats. The company has been supplying economy class seats BL3530 to the Airbus A320 Family aircraft since 2016. Currently, Recaro offers predefined and pre-certified versions of its BL3710, BL3530, and CL4710 seats and provides various dual-class cabin configurations of the SWIFT family of seats.
- In long-haul flights, economy class passengers are given the provision of USB power outlets (either USB-A or USB-C), which in most cases are integrated into the inflight entertainment systems (monitors). The growing demand for economy class seats, as well as cabin modernization, to enhance passenger experience is driving the growth of the segment during the forecast period.
Middle East and Africa is Anticipated to Show Highest Growth During the Forecast Period
- The Middle East and Africa region is expected to show remarkable growth during the forecast period. The growth is attributed to the increasing air traffic, which creates demand for new commercial aircraft as well as rising expenditure on aircraft modernization from countries like Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, and others.
- Boeing published a Commercial Market Outlook (CMO) 2022, which stated that the Middle East airlines would require 2,980 new airplanes valued at USD 765 billion to serve passengers and trade. More than two-thirds of these deliveries will fulfill the passenger's needs, while one-third will replace older airplanes with more fuel-efficient models such as the Boeing B737 MAX, B787 Dreamliner, and B777X.
- Furthermore, Saudi Arabia plans to host at least 300 million passengers and 5 million tons of freight by 2030. This leads to growing investment in airport infrastructure, new aircraft procurement contracts, and modernization of the existing aircraft fleets. In June 2023, Saudi Arabian Airlines signed an agreement with Panasonic Avionics Corporation for the installation of the Astrova seat-end solution on up to 30 of its aircraft. With this, every passenger will have up to 100 W of direct current power, via USB-C, at their seat - providing the ability to fast charge every current phone and tablet and around 90 percent of the world's laptops.
- Similarly, the growing air number of air passengers and rising demand for aircraft drive the market growth across the United Arab Emirates. For instance, in March 2022, Etihad unveiled its latest Airbus A350 cabin. Its business class features an AC power socket, USB-A and USB-C ports, and a wireless charger in every seat. Thus, increasing spending on the aviation sector, rising aircraft procurement plans, and aircraft modernization programs will drive market growth across the region.
Commercial Aircraft In-seat Power System Industry Overview
The market of commercial aircraft in-seat power systems is consolidated in nature and is characterized by a few suppliers who provide various types of in-seat power systems for commercial aircraft. The major players in the commercial aircraft in-seat power system market are Astronics Corporation, KID-Systeme GmbH, Mid-Continent Instrument Co. Inc., IFPL Group Limited, and Inflight Canada Inc.
Commercial aircraft in-seat power supply manufacturers invest in the development of advanced associated systems to be integrated into modern aircraft, to complement or enhance their characteristics, including safety and aesthetics. Such investments result in the companies being exposed to certain risks associated with design responsibility, new production tool development, increased capital and funding commitments, delivery schedules, and unique contractual requirements. Moreover, new aircraft programs may be prone to cost-overrun, delay, or termination, depending on market conditions which may affect the market prospects of the players during the forecast period.
Commercial Aircraft In-seat Power System Market Leaders
Mid-Continent Instrument Co. Inc.
Inflight Canada Inc.
IFPL Group Limited
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Commercial Aircraft In-seat Power System Market News
- June 2023: Panasonic Avionics Corporation signed an agreement with United Airlines (United) as its first customer in the Americas for its new Astrova in-flight engagement (IFE) solution. The airline plans to install Astrova on new Boeing 787 and Airbus A321XLR aircraft beginning in 2025. United's passengers will enjoy up to 100 W of DC power via USB-C at their seats which provides the ability to fast charge the latest phones and tablets, and laptops through all phases of the flight.
- June 2022: Astronics Corporation, a provider of advanced technologies for the global aerospace and defense industry, announced that it signed an agreement with Southwest Airlines to provide its EMPOWER Passenger In-Seat Power System for installation on 475 Boeing 737 MAX-7 and MAX-8 aircraft. The contract is a part of the airlines' cabin upgrade initiative to enhance the passenger experience.
Commercial Aircraft In-seat Power System Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Seating Class
5.1.1 Economy Class
5.1.2 Premium Economy Class
5.1.3 Business Class
5.1.4 First Class
5.2 Mode of Sales
5.3.1 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Latin America
220.127.116.11 Rest of Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East and Africa
18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
22.214.171.124 United Arab Emirates
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Vendor Market Share
6.2 Company Profiles
6.2.1 Astronics Corporation
6.2.2 Burrana Pty Ltd
6.2.3 GVH Aerospace Ltd.
6.2.4 Inflight Canada Inc.
6.2.5 KID-Systeme GmbH
6.2.6 Imagik International Corp.
6.2.7 Astrodyne TDI Corporation
6.2.8 IFPL Group Limited
6.2.9 Mid-Continent Instrument Co. Inc.
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Commercial Aircraft In-seat Power System Market Research FAQs
How big is the Commercial Aircraft In-seat Power System Market?
The Commercial Aircraft In-seat Power System Market size is expected to reach USD 149.04 million in 2024 and grow at a CAGR of 3.26% to reach USD 174.96 million by 2029.
What is the current Commercial Aircraft In-seat Power System Market size?
In 2024, the Commercial Aircraft In-seat Power System Market size is expected to reach USD 149.04 million.
Who are the key players in Commercial Aircraft In-seat Power System Market?
Astronics Corporation, KID-Systeme GmbH, Mid-Continent Instrument Co. Inc., Inflight Canada Inc. and IFPL Group Limited are the major companies operating in the Commercial Aircraft In-seat Power System Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Commercial Aircraft In-seat Power System Market?
Middle East and Africa is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2024-2029).
Which region has the biggest share in Commercial Aircraft In-seat Power System Market?
In 2024, the North America accounts for the largest market share in Commercial Aircraft In-seat Power System Market.
What years does this Commercial Aircraft In-seat Power System Market cover, and what was the market size in 2023?
In 2023, the Commercial Aircraft In-seat Power System Market size was estimated at USD 144.33 million. The report covers the Commercial Aircraft In-seat Power System Market historical market size for years: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the Commercial Aircraft In-seat Power System Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
Commercial Aircraft In-seat Power System Industry Report
Statistics for the 2024 Commercial Aircraft In-seat Power System market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Commercial Aircraft In-seat Power System analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.