5th Floor, Rajapushpa Summit
Nanakramguda Rd, Financial District, Gachibowli
Hyderabad, Telangana - 500008
The CBRNe Defense Market is segmented by Purpose (Detection, Protection, Decontamination, Simulation, and Training), Application (Military, Civil, and Law Enforcement), and Geography.
2018 - 2026
Fastest Growing Market:
The CBRNe defense market is estimated to register a CAGR of over 9% during the forecast period 2020-2025.
· The CBRNe defense market is growing with an increase in the number of terrorist attacks worldwide, using CBRNe agents for carrying out the attacks. The increase in the number of threats, as well as attacks carried out by making use of chemical, biological, and radioactive weapons, in recent years, have led to various governments increasing their security measures,, globally.
· Nowadays, the procurement of chemicals and materials for manufacturing the CBRNe weapons has become easier than ever before, and this raises concerns about the increasing threat from CBRNe weapons that are propelling the growth of the CBRNe defense market in the years to come.
· Technological developments in unmanned systems, especially the unmanned ground vehicles (UGVs) and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), demonstrated the potential of remotely operated capabilities in alleviating the risks to humans in hostile environments, resulted due to the CBRNe attacks. In terms of CBRNe defense missions, unmanned systems can perform a wide variety of tasks that range from reconnaissance and surveillance, to detection and decontamination.
· The COVID-19 situation forced governments to procure PPE equipment, dis-infectants, and detection systems without notice and has caught most countries off-guard and underequipped to produce locally, and they are forced on procuring huge quantities of PPE units from the international market. It is expected that the people will remain cautious of the threat and are expected to purchase PPE equipment, like masks and gloves and di-infectants for another 6 months.
· Governments are also expected to learn from the current fiasco and invest in CBRNE defense equipment for the future, leading to rise in, both, local production capacity as well as increase procurement quantity over the next few years. Ports across the world are expected to make international travel security check stricter, mainly to identify, isolate, and prevent transmission of communicable diseases.
Chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear threats have collectively come to be known as CBRNe threats, and actualization of the threats as CBRNe incidents. These include attacks using NBC weapons, or otherwise called weapons of mass destruction (WMD). Chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and explosives defense are protective measures, which are taken in situations in which chemical, biological, radiological, or nuclear warfare (including terrorism) hazards may be present. CBRNe defense consists of CBRNe passive protection, contamination avoidance, and CBRNe mitigation.
|Simulation and Training|
|Civil and Law Enforcement|
Report scope can be customized per your requirements. Click here.
Currently, the military segment recorded the highest share. With growing threats from terrorists and a rise in political tensions, CBRNe weapons have emerged as a potential threat for several countries. Governments and defense departments of several nations are developing robust and effective countermeasures, in order to protect the public and military personnel from CBRNe weapons. Governments, along with many militaries, are developing the necessary framework for tackling the threats caused by CBRNe incidents. The focus is on the protection of the military personnel against any vulnerable attacks. For instance, the Netherlands Army plans to procure new chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear (CBRN) reconnaissance vehicles for its fleet. The Netherlands army also plans to increase the operational lifespan of its 12 armored vehicles for CBRNe reconnaissance. The new reconnaissance capabilities are expected to enable the Royal Netherlands Army to effectively detect and identify all CBRNe-relevant substances. Moreover, many investments are being poured in R&D of devices and equipment for countering CBRNe threats, all of which are expected to increase the revenues of this segment during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
The North American region currently has the highest market share in the CBRNe defense market, and it is expected to continue its dominance during the forecast period. The majority of demand for CBRNe defense systems in North America is generated from the United States, which has formulated National Strategy for CBRNe Standards, mainly for the coordination, prioritization, establishment, and implementation of CBRNe equipment standards by 2020. The country is also significantly investing in the development of R&D of CBRNe defense systems. For instance, in late 2017, the US Army awarded 170 companies a potential 10-year, USD 8.27 billion contract to help in R&D of CBRNe defense systems under the Joint Enterprise Research, Development, Acquisition, and Production and Procurement program. The investments in development and procurement plans of countries in North America are expected to propel the demand for advanced CBRNe defense equipment during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report.
The CBRNe Defense market is highly fragmented, with several players accounting for minor shares in the global market. The prominent players are Smiths Group plc, Rapiscan Systems, FLIR Systems, Inc., and Avon Rubber PLC. With the increasing global demand, several companies have collaborated with research laboratories and institutions to develop advanced defense equipment or devices. The majority of the CBRNe defense programs are being funded by the government. The introduction of advanced technology robots for conducting of CBRNe missions, as well as strategies (such as focusing on building trust with the stakeholders, lowering of product costs, and increasing product awareness), is expected to be in favor of the major players, who are expected gain traction in the market during the forecast period.
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.4 Simulation and Training
5.2.2 Civil and Law Enforcement
5.3.1 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
5.3.2 Latin America
126.96.36.199 Rest of Latin America
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
18.104.22.168 United Arab Emirates
22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Vendor Market Share
6.2 Company Profiles
6.2.1 Argon Electronics
6.2.2 Avon Rubber PLC
6.2.3 Battelle Memorial Institute
6.2.4 Leidos Holdings Inc.
6.2.5 BLÜCHER GmbH
6.2.6 FLIR Systems Inc.
6.2.7 Nexter group KNDS
6.2.8 Kärcher Futuretech GmbH
6.2.9 Chemring Group PLC
6.2.10 Smiths Group PLC
6.2.11 QinetiQ Group PLC
6.2.12 Saab AB
6.2.13 Rapiscan Systems
6.2.14 National Technology and Engineering Solutions of Sandia LLC.
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS