Canada Automotive Parts Die Casting Market
Canada’s automotive parts die casting market was valued at USD 684.95 million in 2015 and is projected to reach USD XX by 2020, at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period from 2015 to 2020. With over three heavy-duty assembly plants, over 540 OEM parts manufacturers, 400 dealerships, and many other automotive related industries, Canada is the ninth largest vehicle producer in the world and this sector in the biggest contributor to the manufacturing GDP of the country. Vehicular assembly plants and OEM part manufacturers are on the rise in the country and the demand for lower emissions and lightweight vehicles has forced these manufacturers to seek lighter metals, boosting the market for automotive parts die casting in Canada.
North America is a mature market for automotive die casting. This huge market in the region was mainly due to large-scale domestic production, government initiatives, and availability of resources. Within North America, Canada accounted for 14.0% of the market share as of 2015. The market for magnesium die-cast parts in the automotive industry is expected to grow at a high CAGR of XX% during the given forecast period, while that of zinc is expected to grow at a slower CAGR of 2.15%.
However, this market has been highly influenced by socio-economic factors and unemployment rates across North America. Since the 2008 recession, this market has been underperforming and with a low consumer sentiment, the personal consumption of the die casting parts has also stayed low. Though the manufacturing capacity use of the die casts has improved quite a bit, it is still expected to be low for a long period to come. Overall, the automotive die casting market in North America has a potential for growth with the die casting capacity utilization ahead of the overall manufacturing utilization.
Dependence of the automobile manufacturers on the environmental agency regulations and a recent move by EPA to raise the mile per gallons standards to 35.5 mpg by 2016 and then 54.5 mpg by 2025 have actually helped the die casting industry, as the auto industry has concluded that the only way they can get to those mileage standards is by manufacturing lightweight vehicles.
Canada’s automotive parts die casting market is segmented on the basis of production process type, raw material type, and application type.
- On the basis of production process type, the market has been segmented into pressure die casting, vacuum die casting, squeeze die casting, and semi-solid die casting.
- On the basis of raw material type, the market has been segmented into aluminium, zinc, magnesium, and others.
- On the basis of application type, the market has been segmented into body assemblies, engine parts, transmission parts, and others.
Some of the key players in the market are:
- Castwel Autoparts Pvt. Ltd.
- Die Casting Solutions GmbH
- Endurance Group
- Gibbs Die Casting Group
- Rockman Industries Ltd.
- Sandhar Technologies Ltd.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the Canada Automotive Parts Die Casting Market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on the global and regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Canada automotive parts die casting market on both global and regional scales.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Key findings of the study
1.3 Report Description
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3. MARKET OVERVIEW
3.2 New Developments in R&D/ Latest Technologies
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Production Process Type (Growth, Trends, and Feasibility of the manufacturing process)
5.1.1 Pressure die casting
5.1.2 Vacuum die casting
5.1.3 Squeeze die casting
5.1.4 Semi-solid die casting
5.2 By Raw Material Type (Growth, Innovations, and Durability)
5.3 By Application Type (Market crackdown, trends, and forecasts)
5.3.1 Body assemblies
5.3.2 Engine Parts
5.3.3 Transmission parts
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
6.2 Joint Ventures
6.3 New Product Launches
6.4 Most active companies in the past five years
6.5 Market Share Analysis
7. KEY PLAYERS (Overview, Strategies, Developments, Analyst Perspective)
7.1 Castwel Autoparts Pvt Ltd.
7.2 Die Casting solutions GmbH
7.4 Endurance Group
7.5 Gibbs Die Casting Group
7.6 Kinetic Die Casting Company
7.7 Mino Industry USA, Inc.
7.8 Ningbo Parison Die Casting Co., Ltd.
7.9 Raltor Metal Technik India Pvt. Ltd.
7.10 Rockman Industries Ltd.
7.11 Ryobi Die Casting Inc.
7.12 Sandhar Technologies Limited
7.13 Sipra Engineers
7.14 Spark Minda, Ashok Minda Group
7.15 Sunbeam Auto Pvt. Ltd
7.16 Texas Die Casting
7.17 Tyche Diecast Private Limited