Broadcast Antenna Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Broadcast Antenna Market Analysis
The Broadcast Antenna Market is expected to register a CAGR of 4% over the forecast period (2022 to 2027). The market is gaining popularity and is growing among the urban population in developed economies, owing to high-frequency receivers, cost-effectiveness, and compact size, which is likely to support the market's growth.
- Direct broadcasting, or satellite television, has become a significant form of distribution for television content. The broad and controllable coverage areas available combined with the much larger bandwidths enables more channels to be broadcast, and this makes satellite television very attractive.
- Further, within a decade after seeing the last rusty old roof-mounted television antennas finally hauled away to recycling centers, the return of the best TV antenna options to homes has been a surprising turn of events in media along with innovation in televisions such as smart TVs. Today's antennas are smaller, more streamlined, and much more powerful. Whether for indoor or outdoor installation, many antennas come with built-in amplifiers to boost signals from further afield, making them ideal for rural areas
- Many households are now choosing a combination of streaming platforms (for OTT content) and an antenna (to pick up the major network broadcasts and local news and information). This cuts out the need for expensive satellite services, saving most households up to USD 2,000 per year. For instance, the Sukses Indoor HDTV Digital TV Antenna provides a powerful, detachable HDTV amplifier signal booster allowing reception from up to 120 miles away. The filtering technology helps in eliminating interference from cellular and FM signals. Further, it supports programming in 1080p HDTV and 4 K technology.
- Broadcast TV antennas have several advantages over pay-TV services, including inexpensive costs, uncompressed HD signals, consistent service, and a large selection of local channels. These are the key factors projected to propel the global broadcast antenna market forward during the forecast period. Furthermore, improved picture quality such as HD, 2K, and 4K and sporting events in 4K is driving the rise of broadcast antennas.
- Additionally, Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, the penetration of broadcast TV and antennas increased marginally. Over 30% of US broadband households report owning a TV antenna. It is expected to witness an upward trend both in ownership and usage to continue, especially during the pandemic period.
Broadcast Antenna Industry Segmentation
Broadcast antennas are used to receive free-to-air or over-the-air channels and are aimed to get the best signal from the desired station, where the radio waves travel through the air at the speed of light, and the waves arrive at the receiver antenna. The market study comprises two types which are television and FM.
|Middle East and Africa|
Broadcast Antenna Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Broadcast Antenna Market according to our research experts:
Television Type to Hold Highest Market Share
- Broadcast TV antennas offer a wide range of benefits over pay-TV services, some of which are low cost, uncompressed HD signals, uninterrupted services, and a wide range of local channels. These are the key factors expected to drive the growth of the global broadcast antenna market during the forecast period. Moreover, increased picture quality like HD, 2K, 4K, and sports events in 4K are fuelling the growth of broadcast antennas.
- However, the limited channels available, which can be viewed using TV antennas, are comparatively less than other paid subscriptions, which is expected to hamper the market's growth to a certain extent.
- Over the last decade, countries have switched from broadcasting using an older analog television standard to newer digital television (DTV). Generally, however, the same broadcast frequencies are used, so the same antennas can be used for older analog television and can also receive new DTV broadcasts.
- Currently, TV antenna manufacturers are focusing on introducing TV antennas, especially indoor antennas, that support both UHF and VHF functionality and HD content. This trend is expected to gain traction soon.
- Furthermore, within a decade after seeing the last rusty old roof-mounted television antennas finally hauled away to recycling centers, the return of the best TV antenna options to homes has been a surprising turn of events in the world of media along with innovation in the televisions such as smart TVs. Today's antennas are smaller, more streamlined, and are much powerful. Whether for indoor or outdoor installation, many antennas come with built-in amplifiers to boost signals from further afield, making them ideal for rural areas.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America to Hold Highest Market Share
- The North American region holds a significant market share due to the rapidly increasing number of cable and satellite television channels. Additionally, the increasing internet penetration has allowed broadcasters to provide high-quality content to the viewers, which is one of the primary reasons for the demand for broadcast equipment.
- Furthermore, players provide a simple and reliable option for single or dual-channel fixed polarization applications in the region, where their antennas can be utilized by single or multiple broadcasters for interim or auxiliary usage. The RFStar UHF slotted array antennas are ideally suited when a high-performance antenna is needed, which allows for frequency agility between current and future channel operation.
- Furthermore, the rising cultural diversity across the region is also one of the primary factors that led to an increase in the number of digital channels, which in turn boosts the demand for broadcast equipment in the region. In the region, major players operating in the broadcast and digital media sectors are increasingly innovating new technologies and catering to acquisitions and partnerships.
- Moreover, with international companies exploring the potential in emerging nations, this sector is witnessing increasing investments. Overall, the market is expected to grow at a healthy rate over the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Broadcast Antenna Industry Overview
The Broadcast Antenna Market is moderately fragmented, with some large and several medium-sized companies offering solutions for media and entertainment. The major players use various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. Some of the key developments in the market are:
- January 2021: Dielectric Communications ME, a unit of SPX Corporation, announced it had signed a definitive agreement to purchase TCI International Inc. The acquisition of TCI by Dielectric expands Dielectric's diverse product offerings to US broadcasters for TV and FM products and overseas broadcasters in the high frequency and medium frequency spectrum.
Broadcast Antenna Market Leaders
TE Connectivity Ltd.
Jampro Antennas Inc.
Propagation Systems Inc. (PSI Antenna)
TCI International Inc.
Twin Engineers Private Limited
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Broadcast Antenna Market News
- January 2022: Four television stations serving the San Antonio market in the US began broadcasting with NEXTGEN TV, a new digital broadcast technology. Based on the same fundamental technology as the Internet and digital apps, NEXTGEN TV can support a wide range of features that are currently in development. In addition to providing an improved way for broadcasters to reach viewers with advanced emergency alerts, NEXTGEN TV features videos with good color, sharper images, and a deeper contrast to create a more life-like experience.
- June 2021: Hiltron Communications recently completed a satellite uplink and downlink system for one of the German television news broadcasters, including six antennas and associated control infrastructure that would be utilized to interact with the network's associate organizations globally. Antenna control units (ACU) from Hiltron are used to operate three-axis motorized antennas. An IP65-rated waterproof exterior housing houses the antenna control unit and accompanying motor-control electronics, with a hinged front access port secured by twin key screws. Each control device may be operated using a regular web browser and a PC with a graphical user interface.
Broadcast Antenna Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Evolution of Optic Fiber is Expected to Challenge the Antenna Adoption
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.6 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Broadcast Antenna Market
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.2.1 North America
5.2.3 Asia Pacific
5.2.4 Latin America
5.2.5 Middle East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 TE Connectivity Ltd.
6.1.2 Jampro Antennas Inc.
6.1.3 Propagation Systems Inc. (PSI Antenna)
6.1.4 TCI International Inc.
6.1.5 Twin Engineers Private Limited
6.1.6 Dielectric Inc.
6.1.7 OMB Sistemas Electrónicos S.A.
6.1.8 ELETEC Broadcast Transmitters Sarl
6.1.9 ABE Elettronica s.r.l.
6.1.10 Electronics Research Inc.
6.1.11 ALDENA TELECOMUNICAZIONI Srl
6.1.12 R.V.R. Elettronica S.r.l
6.1.13 Kathrein Broadcast GmbH
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. MARKET OUTLOOK
Broadcast Antenna Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Broadcast Antenna Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Broadcast Antenna Market?
The Broadcast Antenna Market is growing at a CAGR of 4% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Broadcast Antenna Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Broadcast Antenna Market?
North America holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Broadcast Antenna Market?
TE Connectivity Ltd., Jampro Antennas Inc., Propagation Systems Inc. (PSI Antenna) , TCI International Inc., Twin Engineers Private Limited are the major companies operating in Broadcast Antenna Market.
Broadcast Antenna Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Broadcast Antenna market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Broadcast Antenna analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.