North America Bio Polymers Market
The bio-polymers market in North America has been estimated at USD XX.XX billion in 2015 and is projected to reach USD XX.XX billion by 2020, at a CAGR of XX.XX% during the forecast period. Bio-polymers are polymers which are produced from living organism. They contain properties such as biodegradability, biocompatibility, and are non-toxic in nature. These polymers are attracting a significant commercial interest owing as they are produced by the chemical polymerisation of naturally occurring monomers.
Bio-polymers can be used for various applications such as automotive, pharmaceutical, packaging, electronics, textiles and others. Bio-polymers are extensively used in the pharmaceutical applications, accounting for a share of XX.XX % in 2015.The report is also segmented based on the product type into bio-PET, bio-PLA, bio-PE, and others. Bio-PET is the largest segment in terms of revenue and the fastest growing segment in the bio-polymer market accounting for a share of XX.XX% in 2015.
Market Dynamics of Bio-polymers Market in North America:
- Depleting natural resources
- Demand from end-user industries
- Stringent government regulations
- Shortage of raw material
- Huge competition from fossil-fuel products
North America is the largest market for biopolymers globally and USA is the leading country in biopolymers majorly owing to the rising demand from end-user industries such as bottles, fibres, and automotive. They consume almost close to one-third of the global demand. Moreover, the rising demand from the deeply penetrating industries such as automotive and pharmaceutical will open up huge opportunities in the North American biopolymers market.
Furthermore, the shifting focus towards eco-friendly products will offer numerous opportunities for the growth of the bio-polymers market. Some of the major companies dominating the market with its products, and continuous product developments are:
- TradePro Inc.
Key Deliverables in the Study:
- Analysis for the bio-polymers market in North America, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the bio-polymers market in North America on a regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.
1.2 Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Overview
3.1 Current Market Scenario
3.2 Raw Material Analysis
3.3 PESTEL Analysis
3.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.5 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
3.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
3.5.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Depleting Natural Resources
4.1.2 Huge Demand from Automotive Industry
4.2.1 Raw Material Shortage
4.2.2 Huge competition from fossil-fuel products
4.3.1 Shifting focus towards eco-friendly products
4.3.2 Technological Advancements
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis
5.1 By Application
5.2 By Product Type
6. Geographical Segmentation
6.1 North America
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
7.2 Joint Ventures Collaborations and Agreements
7.3 Market Shares Analysis
7.4 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
8. Company Profiles
8.3 Boehringer Ingelheim KG
8.4 Tubize Plastics SA
8.5 Borealis GmBH
8.7 NatureWorks LLC
8.8 Indorama Ventures Public Ltd.
8.13 TradePro Inc.
8.16 Showa High Polymers, Ltd.
8.17 Zeneca Bioproducts
8.18 Mitsubishi Kasei
(List not Exhaustive)