Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Bahrain facility management market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.5% during the forecast period, 2022-2027. Though relatively small in geography, Bahrain offers a very active market for outsourced facilities management. Many large construction projects are either planned or under construction. These developments are expected to drive the demand for FM in the country.
- Currently, the country is overseeing some major infrastructural developments, like the expansion of Bahrain International Airport at Manama. In December 2021, it was revealed that Bahrain Airport Company (BAC) will be responsible for delivering the USD 1 Billion Bahrain International Airport Modernization Program, which includes elevating the airport’s infrastructure and services to high levels of safety, security, technology, passenger experience, and environmental standards.
- The country is also witnessing significant partnerships across various FM vendors to cater to the rising demand. For instance, in March 2022, ATLANTIS Engineering announced the expansion of the cooperation with Elite Facility Management Company (EFMC) in Bahrain. After the initial application of the Computerized Maintenance & Asset Management System, AIMMS from ATLANTIS for the needs of Αbraj al Lulu Tower (Pearl Towers), EFMC is planning on adding a wide range of new buildings and facilities of demanding infrastructure within the country.
- However, despite the developments, there are very limited government projects in Bahrain. The entry barriers are low, and there are very limited organized participants in the FM services market. The unorganized market is highly fragmented, and many companies offer cleaning services. Also, the rising inflation is a matter of concern for FM companies.
- With the outbreak of COVID-19, the Bahrain Facility Management Market is expected to witness a slight decline in growth. During the initial phase of the virus outbreak, the imposed lockdown led to the workforce shortage across the FM companies as the majority were non-local workforce. Also, as the country’s infrastructure spending witnessed a slowed growth, Manama and Al Muharraq, for instance, had their lockdown measures.
Scope of the Report
Facility management encompasses multiple disciplines to ensure the functionality of the built environment by integrating people, place, process, and technology. Also, facility management is the coordination of a facility’s operations meant to make the organization as a whole more effective at what it does. The facility management is applied in various industry verticals like retail, education, and healthcare, among others, as per the need of the business.
The Bahrain Facility Management Market is Segmented by type of facility management (In-house FM Service, Outsourced FM Service (Single FM, Bundled FM, Integrated FM)), Offering Type ( Hard FM, Soft FM), and End-User (Commercial, Institutional, Public/ Infrastructure, Industrial).
|By Type of Facility Management|
|Inhouse Facility Management|
|By Offering Type|
|By End User|
Key Market Trends
Hard FM Offerings is Expected to Remain the Major Segment in the Industry
- Hard services type mainly includes HVAC maintenance, lift and escalator maintenance, MEP services, decoration and refurbishment, fire safety system maintenance, drainage, building management systems (BMS), total energy management, emergency generation & UPS system, and project management, among others.
- In January 2021, Bahrain Airport Company (BAC), along with its partners and FM companies, coordinated fire and safety drill actions to clear 1,000 trial passengers and staff from the terminal. BAC also announced the phase 2 expansion in the same month, which fuelled the demand for Hard facility management services in the country.
- Due to the increase in the demand for facility management services, a lot of the companies are being contracted with FM services which will create an opportunity for the local firms to expand their services and expand their customer base in the country.
- In March 2022, Bahrain International Circuit (BIC) announced the completion of a major solar project delivering on the Kingdom of Bahrain’s 2021 commitment to make the Formula 1 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix green by 2022. Projects like these are pushing the demand high for Hard FM services in the nation.
- According to the International Monetary Fund, the value of investments in the country is expected to surpass USD 16.07 Billion by 2025. The rising investments in the country are driving the demand for FM services, especially Hard offerings.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Integrated Facility Management is Expected to Witness the Highest Growth Rate
- There is a paradigm shift in the market as multiple industries are transforming from utilizing a single FM outsourcing type of model to an integrated services model that can meet all the core needs of customers on a large scale. In addition, with newer technology transforming the way organizations work, integrated facility management has become the key to smart buildings and work environments.
- For Various Vendors, IFM has been away for streamlined and efficient work and task management. The concept has primarily resulted in fewer contracts, teams, and resources to juggle and a single integrated view of all the management-related tasks. In comparison with overseeing each independent stakeholder and every task multiple times, IFM offers increased visibility that leads to effective management of teams, reduced operation costs, quicker responses to requests, less downtime for employees, and a greater focus on the bigger picture. Implementing large changes across multiple sites and services is also much easier using an IFM service provider.
- The trends in the Bahrain market are for a progression from single services to bundled services and further toward the integrated facilities management approach. This offers a broad scope of services provided and longer-term contracts, which adds value and drives better quality and economies of scale. Also, this is increasing the demand for outsourced services, where specialist expertise is required.
- The country witnessed various development activities supporting the need for integrated facility management services. For instance, in January 2021, Bahrain’s Nabih Saleh Water Distribution Station completed its construction activities. The company collaborated with various FM vendors in order to complete the project. Nass Contracting Company constructed all the station’s facilities and supplied it with the latest mechanical, electrical, control, and communication equipment. Meanwhile, Ahmed Mansoor Al-Aali (AMA Group) covered the upper reservoir and installed solar energy cells for the project.
- The upcoming metro rail project in the country is also driving the market forward. The project is entering the tender stage and represents the first phase of the government’s plans to develop a 109km rail-based urban transit network.
The Bahrain facility management market is highly fragmented as it is a highly competitive market with the presence of several players of different sizes. This market is expected to experience a number of mergers, acquisitions, and partnerships as companies continue to invest in offsetting the present slowdowns that they are experiencing strategically.
- March 2022 - Bahrain Airport Services (BAS) signed a contract with SITA to deploy SITA Airport Management, enabling BAS to manage its ground handler operations and ensure the services are delivered in a timely manner, avoiding flight delays. A key component of the technology upgrade is SITA Mobile Resource Manager, which calculates optimal staffing levels, creates optimized rosters, and gives a real-time view of task allocations and activities at Bahrain International Airport (BIA).
- September 2021 - Bahrain-based real estate development company, Diyar Al Muharraq, commenced the next phase of its primary infrastructure works, linking the main infrastructure network to Al Naseem, Mozoon, and Era Homes projects. The real estate development company appointed Al Ahlia Contracting Company, a facility management provider, to complete the infrastructure work for this phase, which commenced as of mid-August 2021.
- July 2021 - Seef Properties, one of the prominent integrated real estate development companies in the Kingdom of Bahrain, signed an agreement with Diyar Al Muharraq, allowing Seef Properties to provide comprehensive facility management services for "Souq Al Baraha" project. Diyar Al Muharraq is the largest integrated residential city in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- April 2021 - Bahrain’s National Oil and Gas Authority (NOGA) partnered with Stantec to provide consultancy and facility management services to establish guidelines and procedures for the sustainable use of treated sewage effluent (TSE).
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.2.5 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3 Assessment of COVID-19 Impact on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increasing Infrastructural Developments and Growing Retail Sector
5.1.2 Rising developments in Public and Private Infrastructure
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Fragmented Market with Several Local Vendors
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Type of Facility Management
6.1.1 Inhouse Facility Management
6.1.2 Outsourced Facility Management
220.127.116.11 Single FM
18.104.22.168 Bundled FM
22.214.171.124 Integrated FM
6.2 By Offering Type
6.2.1 Hard FM
6.2.2 Soft FM
6.3 By End User
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles*
7.1.1 G4S Limited
7.1.2 CBRE Group
7.1.3 ASF Facility Management
7.1.4 Royal Ambassador Property and Facility Management Co
7.1.5 Metropolitan Holding CO WLL
7.1.7 Elite Facility Management Co
7.1.8 Gems industrial services WLL
7.1.9 Dream Group WLL
7.1.10 Zahrani Group
7.1.11 BAC Facility Management Company WLL
7.1.12 Fixit Facility Management Solutions
7.1.13 MYZ Facilities Management
7.1.14 Promoseven Holdings BSCC
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Bahrain Facility Management Market market is studied from 2020 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Bahrain Facility Management Market?
The Bahrain Facility Management Market is growing at a CAGR of 4.5% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Bahrain Facility Management Market?
G4S Limited, CBRE Group, ASF Facility Management, Royal Ambassador Property and Facility Management Co, Metropolitan Holding CO WLL are the major companies operating in Bahrain Facility Management Market.