Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Asia Pacific Vibration Sensor Market would witness market growth of 10.8% CAGR during the forecast period (2021-2026). Vibration analysis and engine trim balance instruments are used for commercial and military aviation.
- There is a rapid improvement in sensors in the airline industry where turbulence can be reduced. Customization in the vibration sensors market is growing with respect to size, load capacity, and frequency range.
- Designed to pinpoint engine problems and eliminate unnecessary engine removals quickly, the sensing capabilities with respect to sensors and their usage reduce with their end-user applications. The response time in analyzing vibrations cannot be detected due to the heavy signal load. The Asia Pacific region was able to sustain its economy during the financial crisis.
- The innovations and developments in technology led to better functioning and improved the productivity of machines. Thus, machine condition monitoring plays an important role in improving the machine’s performance.
- Although the demand for vibration sensors has been on the rise for the last few years, compatibility concerns, especially in the case of old equipment, have been identified as major challenges affecting the market.
- With the increasing energy demand, there is an increasing need for energy efficiency, which can only be obtained from the optimal maintenance of the electricity supply machinery.
- Owing to the recent COVID-19 outbreak, the global supply chain and demand for multiple products have experienced disruption. Moreover, due to the production shutdown in China, multiple industries have observed a shortage of supply of various products during February and March 2020. Vendors in the market are, however, trying to provide services to industries, which is helping them in getting revenues.
Scope of the report
The Asia Pacific vibration sensors market is segmented on the basis of type (accelerometers, electrodynamic velocity transducer, non-contact displacement transducer), by material (doped silicon sensors, piezoelectric ceramics, quartz), by technology (hand probes, piezoelectric, piezoresistive sensors, strain gauge sensor, tri-axial sensor, variable capacitance sensors) by application (aerospace, automobile, coal mining and quarry, consumer electronics, food, machine monitoring, medicine, oil and gas, and others), and geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America).
|Aerospace and Defense|
|Oil And Gas|
|Metals and Mining|
Key Market Trends
Aerospace & Defense End User to Hold Significant Share
- An increase in situational awareness to drive operations, cost-effective maintenance, and increase in asset utilization are some of the key factors driving the demand for aircraft health monitoring systems.
- The passenger traffic in Europe and other major aviation markets, such as the United Kingdom and Germany, have witnessed growth in terms of the number of passengers and aircraft movements, which is expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
- Turbine engine failures are the primary cause of mechanical failures, which is increasing the costs; hence, users are increasingly turning to prognostic health management (PHM) systems to prevent these losses and to reduce maintenance costs. As vibration is the most common health monitoring parameter in the aerospace engine industry, the development of PHM systems is likely to have a direct impact on the growth of vibration sensors.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Consumer Electronics to Show Significant Growth
- The rise in preference toward using smart electronic devices, growing middle-class, rising disposable income of consumers, and changing lifestyle preferences are some of the major factors driving the demand for consumer electronics, which has an indirect impact on the growth of vibration sensors.
- These sensors are used in consumer electronics for vibration detection to reduce noise and maintenance. When a PC Notebook falls, vibration and shock sensors are used to protect the data of HDDs.
- The sensors are used to detect changes in orientation and screen rotation and detect motion in three directions. The application of vibration sensors in consumer electronics is increasing as the sensors are used to calibrate the position, motion, and acceleration, with which the orientation of the phone and the changes in the screen rotation, images, and various features can be known for user purposes.
- For instance, in June 2021, Fluke Reliability, an operating company of Fluke Corporation, is proud to announce its newest product, the Fluke 3563 Analysis Vibration Sensor system. Vibration monitoring helps maintenance teams reduce unplanned downtime and prevent potentially catastrophic failures from occurring, but it has been difficult or cost-prohibitive to monitor every tier of an asset.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The Asia Pacific vibration sensor market is highly fragmented. The presence of global sensor manufacturers with established brand identities in the market is expected to have a profound influence on the intensity of competitive rivalry, as new entrants face challenges in reaching out to consumers. Brand identity plays a strong role in determining buyer behavior. Therefore, well-known companies have a considerable advantage over other players in the market. Some of the key players are Texas Instruments, Honeywell, and Emerson.
- June 2020 - National Instruments Corporations unveiled an updated brand identity, including a new logo, visual identity, enhanced digital experiences, and a brand campaign. Now known simply as NI, it is modernizing the test and measurement industry by coupling its rich software heritage with new cloud and machine learning capabilities.
- April 2020 - Emerson acquired the leading hydroelectric turbine controls company, American Governor Company. The addition of the American Governor Company builds on Emerson’s technology capabilities and expertise in the renewable and power industry.
- Mar 2020: SKF has announced a compact vibration and temperature sensor that monitors the condition of rotating parts on heavy industrial machinery automatically. The SKF Enlight Collect IMx-1 sensor will allow users to cut both unplanned downtime and maintenance costs. They will also be able to collect data more frequently over hours and days instead of weeks and months from locations that were previously inaccessible, using fewer technicians.
- Mar 2020: TE Connectivity Ltd has completed its public takeover of First Sensor AG. TE now holds 71.87% shares of First Sensor. In combination with First Sensor and TE portfolios, TE will be able to offer a broader product base, including innovative sensors, connectors, and systems, that supports the growth strategy of TE's sensors business and TE Connectivity as a whole.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Need for Machine Monitoring and Maintenance
4.2.2 Longer Service Life, Self Generating Capability and Wide Range of Frequency of Vibration Sensors
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Compatibility With Old Machinery
4.3.2 Critical and Hazardous Implication on the Environment
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.5 Intensity of competitive Rivalry
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. Technology Snapshot
5.1 Type of Technology
5.1.5 Optic Fiber Sensor
6. Market Segmentation
6.1.2 Proximity Probes
6.2.3 Aerospace and Defense
6.2.4 Consumer Electronics
6.2.5 Oil And Gas
6.2.6 Metals and Mining
7. Competitive Landscape
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 SKF AB
7.1.2 National Instruments Corporation
7.1.3 Texas Instruments Incorporated
7.1.4 Analog Devices Inc.
7.1.5 Rockwell Automation Inc.
7.1.6 Emerson Electric Co
7.1.7 Honeywell International Inc.,
7.1.8 NXP Semiconductors N.V.
7.1.9 TE Connectivity Ltd.
7.1.10 Hansford Sensors Ltd.,
7.1.11 Bosch Sensortec GmbH (Robert Bosch GmbH)
8. Investment Outlook
9. Future of APAC Vibration Sensors Market
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The APAC Vibration Sensors Market market is studied from 2019 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of APAC Vibration Sensors Market?
The APAC Vibration Sensors Market is growing at a CAGR of 10.8% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in APAC Vibration Sensors Market?
SKF GmbH, Emerson Electric Corporation, Texas Instrumentation Corporation, National Instruments Corporation, Honeywell International Inc, are the major companies operating in APAC Vibration Sensors Market.