Asia-Pacific Seed Treatment Market Insights
Seed treatment can be defined as the application of chemical ingredients or biological organisms to the seed that enables in suppressing, controlling or repelling plant pathogens, insects, or other pests that attack seeds, seedlings or plants. The Asia-Pacific seed treatment market was worth around $382.6 million in 2016 and is expected to cross $700.9 million by 2022 growing at the CAGR of 10.6% during the forecast period 2017-2022. Asia-Pacific market is driving the growth and is expected to hold 41% of the global market revenue by 2022. The Asia-Pacific market is expected to have a high CAGR of 10.6% due to increasing demand for high yield crop products in the region and rising organic crop production, especially in China, India, Malaysia, Japan and Singapore.
The growth in seed treatment industry is largely fuelled by increasing farm sizes and rising concerns over its quality and safety due to harmful effects of chemicals to environment. Thus, some major drivers of the seed treatment industry are rise in the seed costs, crop rotations getting shorter and greater use of multi-component products. The poor farmers in Asia-Pacific are adopting organic techniques which have a lower environment impact which is driving the market.
Major restraints identified in this report are regulatory structure intervention regarding entry, concerns for the environment and regulation of seed treatment market. Major opportunities are fastest growth rate for biological agents and Asia-Pacific has a fastest growth rate in seed treatment market.
By application segment, Asia-Pacifics utilization of seed treatment chemical agents is forecast to exhibit the fastest 2017-2022 CAGR of 10.6%, thereby reaching a projected US$700.9 million by 2022 from an estimated US$382 million in 2016. However, growth in demand for non-chemical agents is likely to outpace chemical agents by posting a 2017-2022 compounded annual rate of 9.1% to emerge as the fastest segment.
Wheat is the leading type of crop for seed treatment applications in Asia-Pacific, estimated to account for 36.6% of the total demand in 2015. In terms of CAGR between 2017 and 2022, however, demand for seed treatment applications in rice is expected to be the second fastest crop among all crop types at 10.7% CAGR , Asia remains the hub of rice production, with many countries in the region growing more than one crop per season.
Some of the key companies in the market are Adama, Novozymes, Chemtura, Syngenta and Others. The key players are focusing to expand their business in Asia-Pacific regions. The leading players in this market adopted various strategies to strengthen the market opportunities and increase their market shares. Acquisitions, agreements & joint ventures are the major strategies adopted by major players.
In this report we offer,
- Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the Asia-Pacific Seed Treatment Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
- Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the Asia-Pacific Seed Treatment Market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Why should you buy this report?
- For getting a comprehensive overview of the Asia-Pacific Seed Treatment Market
- To gain wide ranging information about the major players in this industry and the strategies adopted by them.
- To gain an insight about the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and also identify the regions which are untapped.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. RESEARCH APPROACH & METHODOLOGY
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. KEY FINDINGS OF THE STUDY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Rise in the cost of high quality seeds
4.1.2 Increasing limitations associated with soil/foliar application
4.1.3 Increasing need for efficient post harvest seed storage
4.1.4 High disease pressure and need for increased agricultural productivity
4.1.5 Improving seed technology
4.2.1 Increasing concerns for the environment
4.2.2 Limited dose capacity, limited protection and shelf life of treated seeds
4.2.4 Lack of awareness
4.3.1 Untapped Asia-Pacific market
4.3.2 Biological seed treatment agents fostering growth
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Formulation
5.1.2 Non- Chemical
5.2 By Crop type
5.2.7 Other Crops
5.3 By Geography
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Market Share Analysis
6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.3 Most Active Companies
7. COMPANY PROFILES
7.1 ADAMA Agricultural Solutions Ltd
7.2 ADVANCED BIOLOGICAL MARKETING INC
7.3 BASF SE
7.4 BAYER CROPSCIENCE AG
7.6 INCOTEC GROUP BV
7.7 MONSANTO COMPANY
7.8 NUFARM LTD
7.9 SYNGENTA INTERNATIONAL AG
7.10 SUMITOMO CHEMICAL CORPORATION
7.11 ARYSTA LIFESCIENCES
7.12 FMC CORP
7.13 WOLF TRAX (Compass Minerals)
7.14 SEED TREATMENT (NEW ZEALAND) - PGG WRIGHTSON SEEDS
7.15 RALLIS INDIA LTD. (INDIA)
7.16 ANHUI FENGLE AGROCHEMICAL LTD (CHINA)
7.17 MAKAM AGROCHEM LTD