The Asia-Pacific nutraceuticals market is estimated to witness a CAGR of 7.5% during the forecast period (2018-2023). This market is dominated by Japan, which holds almost one-third market share. This region has high potential and is the fastest-growing nutraceutical market in the world.
Growing health concerns among consumers and increasing awareness for nutraceuticals are the major drivers of the Asia-Pacific nutraceutical market. In addition, the changing lifestyles, an increase in the aged population and spending pattern on healthcare products have enhanced the growth of the nutraceutical market in Asia-Pacific. Government regulations regarding nutraceutical products and many spurious products present in the market are a few factors that suppress this market. However, the growing trend of food fortification with nutraceutical products is a huge opportunity for this market.
The Asia-Pacific nutraceutical industry is segmented into three major categories - by type, application and geography. By application, functional food is the largest segment, which utilizes almost 70% of the nutraceutical products in the market, followed by functional beverage, with XX%, dietary supplements (XX%) and others (XX%). Among the Asian countries, Japan is the largest market, followed by China and India.
Algal-based omega-3 fatty acids and natural plant extracts are the new trend in the nutraceutical market. Omega-3 is one of the most consumed nutraceuticals, due to its association with the prevention and treatment of many diseases, such as thrombosis, atherosclerosis, cancers, arthritis, etc. The application of algal-based omega-3 fatty acids in various foods, drinks and pharmaceuticals, is a great investment opportunity. The omega-3 market scope covers production, extraction, fortification and other functions, in the APAC region.
The Asia-Pacific nutraceuticals market is highly competitive, with various market leaders, such as ADM, DuPont, Cargill, Inc., Royal DSM, and BASF SE. These market leaders hold a major share of the nutaceuticals market in Asia-Pacific. Innovations, technological advancements, partnerships, mergers, acquisitions, market expansion and categories’ expansion, are some of the key market strategies.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the Asia-Pacific nutraceutical market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a country scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies, along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors at a regional level.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries/regions, where this industry is growing, and identify the regions that are still untapped.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Definition of the Market
1.3 Report Description
2. KEY FINDINGS OF THE STUDY
3. MARKET OVERVIEW
3.1 Market Trends
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Awareness and Spending Pattern on Nutraceutical Products
4.1.2 Incresing Application of Nutraceutical Products in Food and Beverages Fortification
4.2.1 Strict Government Regulations for Nutraceutical Products Application
4.2.2 Presence of Spurious Nutraceutical Products in Market
4.3.1 Increasing Scope of natural Nutraceutical ingredients in Food and Beverage
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTS
5.1 By Type
5.1.2 Omega-3 & Structured Lipids
5.1.5 Phytochemicals and Plant Extracts
5.1.7 Fibers and Specialty Carbohydrates
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Fuctional Food
5.2.2 Fuctional Beverage
5.2.3 Dietry Supplements
5.3 By Geography
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Most Active Companies
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Most Adaopted Market Strategies
7. Company Profiles
7.1 Archer Daniels Midland (ADM)
7.2 Bayer Healthcare AG
7.7 Groupe Danone
7.8 General Mills
7.9 Herbal Life
7.11 Johnson & Johnson
7.13 Royal DSM