Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Asia Pacific Marketing Automation Software Market is expected to register a CAGR of 17.8% over the forecast period (2021 -2026). Owing to the emergence of the COVID-19 pandemic, B2B marketers have been shifting most of their budgets from physical events to investing in digital channels, which can have a more significant impact. The pandemic led the marketers to focus highly on conversion rate optimization, lead nurturing, and customer retention campaigns. The need to be online has never been as high as during the COVID-19 led lockdowns.
- The market in the region is estimated to grow significantly in the near future owing to the increased usage of these solutions by E-commerce players. Increasing internet penetration in the region has boosted e-commerce growth. Global companies such as Amazon have invested heavily in the region because of its huge sales potential. Domestic Companies such as Alibaba and Rakuten, among others, have also established themselves and are expanding heavily.
- While e-commerce was already crucial for brands pre-COVID-19, the pandemic caused a significant transition in consumer behavior, resulting in an increase in online shoppers. According to Criteo's Singles' Day 2020 data, the company observed growth in online sales and traffic across Southeast Asia. According to the company, Malaysia and Thailand saw the highest increase in indexed sales of 600% and 305%, respectively, while Singapore generated a 248% increase. Thus, the growth of e-commerce is leading to the need for Martech solutions such as automation software.
- Furthermore, according to Delaware, a global IT services company, the demand for marketing automation is on a continued growth trajectory in Asia-Pacific. 79% of marketers in the region are expected to continue to invest in marketing technology in 2020 despite the COVID-19 backlash. Owing to this, the company extended its partnership with Aprimo to offer its suite of solutions and services in Singapore, the Philippines, Malaysia, and Indonesia. Hence, the market has vast potential to grow in the region.
- The market has been witnessing the adoption of a partnership strategy by the players operating in the region to expand their reach. For instance, in Nov 2020, AnyMind Group, a company that develops software enabling the brand building, manufacturing, e-commerce, and marketing, announced a strategic partnership with mobile measurement, fraud detection, and marketing automation company, Adjust. AnyMind Group became an Adjust Certified Solution Partner, providing Adjust's solutions and expertise to AnyMind Group's active regions in 13 markets across Southeast Asia, Greater China, Japan, India, and the Middle East.
- Moreover, in Mar 2021, MoEngage, a marketing automation platform headquartered in San Francisco, inked a strategic partnership deal with Merkle Sokrati, an Indian data-driven performance marketing agency from Dentsu international. With the partnership, the company can drive more business impact for the clients in India, South East Asia, and Australia.
Scope of the report
Marketing automation refers to the usage of software to automate marketing activities. Marketing departments are increasingly automating repetitive tasks such as e-mail marketing, social media posting, and even ad campaigns for efficiency and to provide a more personalized experience to their customers.
|Social Media Marketing|
|By End-User Verticals|
|Entertainment and Media|
|Other End-User Verticals|
|Rest of Asia Pacific|
Key Market Trends
Shift Towards Digital Marketing is Expected to Drive the Market Growth
- Various governments' digital-based initiatives across the region have been instrumental in triggering the growth of the marketing automation software. For instance, in Oct 2020, the Australian government announced a new digital plan to drive Australia's economic recovery. The plan assigns nearly AUD 800 million towards enabling businesses to take advantage of digital technologies to grow their businesses and create jobs. This provides a significant boost towards the adoption of automation software solutions.
- Moreover, according to SME Finance Forum, SMEs comprise more than 98% of the number of enterprises in the Asia-Pacific region. The SMEs contribute about 17% to the national GDP in the low-income countries, including India, and about 40-50% in the higher income countries like Malaysia and Singapore. Also, there has been a digital drive for SMEs in the region leading towards the adoption of better software solutions in order to drive business growth.
- For instance, in Jan 2021, Mastercard launched the digital acceleration of small business microsites across most of its Asia-Pacific websites with information on how to digitize and run businesses efficiently. The focus was on e-commerce platforms and digital marketing services and cybersecurity, and tools to reduce vulnerabilities.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
China is Expected to Hold a Major Market Share
- There has been significant growth in digital marketing spending being witnessed at the country level, driving the market for marketing automation. For instance, according to the China Digital Marketing Trends 2021 by Miaozhen Academy of Marketing Science (MAMS) and the Global Marketing Summit, digital marketing spending is projected to grow 20% in 2021 after 16% actual growth in 2020.
- Moreover, according to a report by Dentsu Aegis Network, a media company, the digital marketing sector is booming, growing at 27% in 2020, with digital advertising in 2019 witnessing an increase of 26% compared to the previous year. All these factors have been instrumental in driving the demand for marketing automation software in the country.
- Additionally, such trends in the country are also leading to mergers and acquisitions and strategic partnerships by companies operating across the globe to enter the country. For instance, in Nov 2020, iClickInteractive Asia Group Limited, which is an independent online marketing and enterprise data solutions provider in China, announced that it has agreed to acquire the entire issued share capital of CMRS Group Holding Limited, which is one of the prominent marketing automation solution provider focused in Greater China region.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The Asia Pacific Marketing Automation Software Market is competitive, owing to the presence of multiple domestic and international players. The market appears to be moderately concentrated, with major players adopting strategies such as product innovation, mergers, and acquisitions, among others, to expand their clientele and market share. Some of the major players in the market are Hubspot Inc., Microsoft Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Salesforce Inc., among others.
- April 2021 - Microsoft announced the Dynamics 365 Marketing April 2021 update, which includes a completely revamped email editor. The new email editor is poised to address the customers’ most requested improvements. The email editor improves usability, helping marketers create engaging emails more quickly.
- December 2020 - Salesforce (Pardot) announced its Winter’21 release, where users could create, send, and manage the email templates and email content with an enhanced email experience. The users can find updates throughout Pardot’s analytics offerings, including tuning options for Einstein Attribution, clearer B2B Marketing Analytics dashboards, and a beta feature that helps them sync custom fields.
- February 2021 - SugarCRM partnered with Exceed.ai, which is a provider of marketing and sales automated AI solutions for integration with the company’s CX platform. The addition of Exceed.ai further adds to the list that includes Salesforce, Oracle, and others.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Ongoing Shift Towards Digital Marketing
4.2.2 Organizations Realizing the Benefits of Data-backed Decision Process
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Legacy-related Implementation Challenges
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.5 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Deployment
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Campaign Management
5.2.2 E-mail Marketing
5.2.3 Inbound Marketing
5.2.4 Mobile Marketing
5.2.5 Social Media Marketing
5.2.6 Other Applications
5.3 By End-User Verticals
5.3.1 Entertainment and Media
5.3.2 Financial Services
5.3.7 Other End-User Verticals
5.4 By Country
5.4.4 Rest of Asia Pacific
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Adobe Systems
6.1.2 Salesforce.com, Inc.
6.1.3 Oracle Corporation
6.1.4 Microsoft Corporation
6.1.5 HubSpot Inc.
6.1.6 Marketo, Inc.
6.1.7 SugarCRM Inc.
6.1.8 SAS Institute Inc
6.1.9 Canis Solutions Pvt Ltd.
6.1.10 Marsello Limited
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Asia Pacific Marketing Automation Software Market market is studied from 2019 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Asia Pacific Marketing Automation Software Market?
The Asia Pacific Marketing Automation Software Market is growing at a CAGR of 17.8% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Asia Pacific Marketing Automation Software Market?
Adobe Systems, Salesforce Inc., Oracle Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, Hubspot Inc. are the major companies operating in Asia Pacific Marketing Automation Software Market.