|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia-Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Global AI Chipsets Market is anticipated to be growing at a CAGR of around 39% during the forecast period 2021-2026. The acceptance of AI for improving consumer services and reducing operational costs, the expanding number of AI applications, improving processing power, and the growing adoption of deep learning and neural networks are all major market drivers. The global spread of COVID-19 has negatively impacted the AI Chipsets market's supply chain and production. The impact on semiconductor producers was severe. Many actors in the semiconductor supply chain around the world restricted or even stopped operations due to workforce constraints. This caused a bottleneck for semiconductor-dependent end-product companies.
- Artificial intelligence (AI) is invading nearly every aspect of consumer electronics. Its uses are growing beyond cellphones to include the automotive industry. This growth is bringing a slew of new prospects to the semiconductor industry. The requirement to process a constantly rising volume of data is a major element influencing the AI chipset market's growth.
- The computational chipsets created exclusively for AI training and inference tasks are cloud-based artificial intelligence. Cloud technology advancements will provide opportunities for key industry players. The expanding use of cloud-based AI chipsets in many industries such as IT and telecom, automotive, and others is expected to drive demand for AI chipsets. The cloud-based AI chipset is also available from Intel Corporation, Alibaba Group Holding Limited, NVIDIA Corporation, and others.
- Market competitors are concentrating their efforts on providing innovative cloud-based solutions for managing enormous file storage and company data. For instance, in May 2021, Google launched the next generation of the company's custom Tensor Processing Units (TPU) AI chips. This is the fourth generation of TPU AI chips, which according to Google, are twice as fast as the last version. As per the company, these chips are combined in pods with 4,096 v4 TPUs. A single pod provides more than one exaflop of computing power. Google uses custom chips to power many machine learning services; also, the company has planned to make this latest generation available to developers as part of the Google Cloud Platform.
- Artificial intelligence chipsets market expansion is further aided by rising investments in Industry 4.0 and the use of smart manufacturing technologies by businesses. In 2020, European businesses such as manufacturing, automotive, electronics, and others were estimated to invest USD 182.04 billion in Industry 4.0 technologies, according to PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC).
- Companies are using new technologies such as Artificial Intelligence to design new AI chips. For instance, as per a paper published in the journal Nature in June 2021, Google is using AI and machine learning to help design the company's next generation of AI chips. According to the company, work that takes months for humans can be completed by AI in under six hours.
Scope of the report
Artificial intelligence (AI) chipsets are silicon-based chipsets that are AI-enabled and provide high processing capabilities to connected devices such as laptops, smart wearables, and smartphones. AI chips increase the user experience by enhancing the device's operational performance with enhanced analytical features, virtual reality (VR), and augmented reality (AR). AI chips find their primary usage in various applications, such as automotive, consumer electronics, healthcare, automation, robotics, IoT, and defense.
|Central Processing Unit (CPU)|
|Graphics Processing Unit (GPU)|
|Neural Network Processor (NNP)|
|Automation & Robotics|
Key Market Trends
Consumer Electronics is Expected to Witness Significant Growth
- Global semiconductor chip shortage halted the production of consumer electronics across the globe from the COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic caused a high demand for consumer electronics such as laptops, desktops, gaming consoles, etc. This unprecedented demand sent product companies, manufacturers, and end consumers into a frenzy. Equipment manufacturers started to play catch-up in the volatile consumer technology market. This chip shortage and high demand scenario are expected to continue next 2-3 years, driving demand for AI chips for consumer electronics.
- The market will benefit from the increased use of quantum computing technologies to tackle complicated issues and perform analytical computations. Google LLC's Sycamore quantum computer, for example, is now the fastest computer, capable of completing work in roughly 200 seconds. Artificial intelligence, machine learning, computer vision, big data, AR/VR, and other technologies enable quantum computers. The expanding understanding of quantum computing will boost demand for AI chipsets, which will help the industry grow.
- AI technologies have been deployed in a variety of industries, including automotive, manufacturing, and others, to streamline processes. Furthermore, the industry will benefit from significant manufacturers' focus on enhanced AI-based solutions in the face of the coronavirus. Nvidia Corporation, for example, updated its EGX Edge AI platform in May 2020 by launching new devices dubbed the EGX Jetson Xavier NX and EGX A100.
- During the forecast period, the consumer electronics category is likely to occupy a major proportion of the artificial intelligence chipset market. Various electronic devices, such as tablets and smartphones, are in high demand in this market. The industry's top essential manufacturers, such as Samsung, are using AI technology to enhance and offer highly personalized products.
- The AI chipsets market is being driven by the increasing need for high-speed computer processors and increasing demand for better customer services and lower operating costs, while the industry is being restrained by a shortage of experienced labor and a lack of standards and protocols.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific is anticipated to Witness Significant Growth
- Due to emerging economies such as South Korea, India, and China, Asia Pacific is predicted to rise significantly in the worldwide market. The increased acceptance of AI-based solutions will support the region's market's healthy expansion. As part of its AI Strategy to deploy AI applications across many industries in 2018, Singapore's government established an AI Ethics Advisory Council. The market in the Asia Pacific is projected to be driven even more by the robust startup ecosystem.
- Several government efforts in China will also help to boost the country's market growth. For example, China's State Council announced the "New Generation Artificial Intelligence Development Plan" in July 2017, with the goal of growing the domestic AI industry to USD 150 billion by 2030.
- The integration of voice commands, enhancement of photography experience, gathering and sorting relevant data based on previous searches, and other applications of AI chipsets in consumer electronics, such as smartphones, tablets, and laptops, has resulted in the high adoption of AI chipsets.
- The region is home to the world's largest concentration of smartphone manufacturers and semiconductor companies. China, Japan, Taiwan, and South Korea account for roughly 80% of all smartphone manufacturers worldwide. The greatest population has led to an increase in smartphone usage, which is likely to drive market growth.
- Several market players in the region are at the forefront of developing and producing AI chips. Market players have been starting to mass-produce AI chips. For instance, in August 2021, Baidu, a Chinese tech giant, started mass-producing second-generation Kunlun AI chips as the company races to become a major player in the chip industry, which China is trying to strengthen. According to the company, the new generation of Kunlun AI chips have been produced using 7 nm process technology and have achieved better computational capability two to three times of the previous generation.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Though some small and large global companies have influenced the market, the global market for AI chipsets is expected to be somewhat consolidated. The market for AI-powered chipsets is still in its early stages of development. Some of the prominent participants in the current industry include Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD), Amazon Web Services, Inc., Graphcore Ltd, and Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. To obtain leading positions in the worldwide AI chipsets market, all of these competitors are engaged in competitive strategic advancements such as collaborations, new product innovation, and market expansion.
- September 2021 - Chipset vendors are actively forging partnerships to increase their capabilities, recognizing the relevance of edge-based NLP and ambient sound processing. Qualcomm, for example, has partnered with notable NLP businesses such as Audio Analytics and Hugging Face. CEVA, a chipset IP company, has teamed up with Fluent.ai to bring multilingual voice recognition to low-power audio devices. Synitiant and Renesas recently teamed up to create a multimodal AI platform that blends deep learning-based visual and audio processing.
- August 2020 - Edge AI company Kneron announced the debut of its newest bespoke chip, the Kneron KL 720 SoC, following a USD 40 million Series A financing. It claims that its KL 720 is four times more energy-efficient than Google's Coral Edge TPU at executing the MobileNetV2 image recognition benchmark than Intel's latest Movidius CPUs. It also includes a number of new audio recognition advancements for Kneron, which will allow devices that utilize its chips to bypass the conventional wake words on other chips and have immediate interactions with the device, according to Kneron.
- August 2021 - IBM announced a new chip, Telum, a new CPU chip that is expected to allow IBM clients to leverage deep learning inference at scale. This chip features a centralized design enabling clients to leverage the full power of the AI processor for AI-specific workloads, making it suitable for financial services workloads such as loan processing, clearing, and settlement of trades, fraud detection, anti-money laundering, and risk analysis.
- March 2021 - Intel entered into collaboration with the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), aiming to introduce the 'AI For All' initiative to create a basic understanding of artificial intelligence across various industry verticals in India.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.2.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Assessment of the Impact of COVID-19 on the Industry
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increase in Demand for Autonomous Driving Technology
5.1.2 Growth in Edge Analytics for IoT Application
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Complexity in Design and AI Interface
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1.1 Central Processing Unit (CPU)
6.1.2 Graphics Processing Unit (GPU)
6.1.3 Neural Network Processor (NNP)
6.2.1 Consumer Electronics
6.2.4 Automation & Robotics
6.2.5 Other Application
6.3.1 North America
6.3.3 Asia Pacific
6.3.4 Latin America
6.3.5 Middle East
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD)
7.1.2 Amazon Web Services Inc.
7.1.3 Xilinx Inc.
7.1.4 Graphcore Ltd
7.1.5 Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd
7.1.6 IBM Corporation
7.1.7 Intel Corporation
7.1.8 NVIDIA Corporation
7.1.9 Micron Technology, Inc.
7.1.10 Samsung Semiconductor (Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd)
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The AI Chipsets Market market is studied from 2019 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of AI Chipsets Market?
The AI Chipsets Market is growing at a CAGR of 39% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in AI Chipsets Market?
Asia-Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in AI Chipsets Market?
North America holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in AI Chipsets Market?
Intel Corp., Samsung Electronics, NVIDIA Corp., Xilinx Inc., Micron Technology, Inc. are the major companies operating in AI Chipsets Market.