Bahrain has negligible production of cereals and other agriculture products. Water constraints and unavailability of agriculture land are the major constraints in crop production in Bahrain. Consumption is increased of all the crops and it will grow at a CAGR of XX.XX % CAGR till 2020. Imports are also increased in Bahrain.
Crops like cereals were not produced in Bahrain and due to lack of water resources which affected other crops as well. Hydroponic systems are getting attention in Bahrain and companies also started using them for vegetable and fruit production as this process requires less quantity of water and no land or soil.
Increase in population and future prospects in food industry are reasons for increase in consumption. The food crisis of 2007 forced Bahrain to import wheat at a very high price as major exporters like Russia, Ukraine, India, etc. stopped food exports which forced Bahrain to import food items from international market at a very high price. Bahrain is a net importer of cereals like wheat, barley, millet, maize and sorghum.
Import of these cereal crops are going to increase as they are not produced and because the consumption is increased as well. Prices of all the crops were increased from 2009 to 2010.
Bahrain Agriculture Market is developing due to:
- Increase in consumption
- Advanced technologies
- Low water requirement in horticulture process
- Government initiatives etc.
Bahrain is using desalination for potable drinking water, which helped the country to increase agriculture production. Horticulture is the new trend in agriculture production which has given boost to the production. Most of the agricultural land belongs to Kings of Bahrain. Government is giving free land, free pesticides, seeds, water, machinery etc. to farmers for production.
Bahrain is a net importer of food products. Low ground and surface water availability, limited rainfall, limited arable land and low production are the biggest restraints for agriculture production in Bahrain.
What the report offers:
- The study identifies the situation of Bahrain, and predicts the growth of its agriculture market.
- Report talks about agriculture production, consumption, import and export with prices and market trends, government regulations, growth forecast, major companies, upcoming companies and projects, etc.
- Report will talk about economic conditions of and future forecast of its current economic scenario and effect of its current policy changes in to its economy, reasons and implications on its growth.
- The study clarifies that, currently, the Bahrain agriculture import growth is high as compared to the neighboring GCC nations and it is set to surpass all the Middle East nations by 2020, which is expected to grow at an expected CAGR of XX.XX% from 2014 to 2020.
- Lastly, the report is divided by major import and export and importing and exporting partners.
1.1 Market Definition
1.2 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Scope and Methodology
2.1 Study Deliverables
2.2 Market Segmentation
2.3 Study Assumptions
2.4 Research Design
3. Market Dynamics
4. Industry Analysis
4.1 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.1.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.1.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.1.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.1.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.1.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 Food Crops (Grains)
5.1.1 Market Size (USD Million)
5.1.2 Domestic Production Overview
5.1.3 Domestic Consumption Overview
5.1.4 Import Value & Volume
5.1.5 Export Value & Volume
5.2.1 Market Size (USD Million)
5.2.2 Domestic Production Overview
5.2.3 Domestic Consumption Overview
5.2.4 Import Value & Volume
5.2.5 Export Value & Volume
5.3.1 Market Size (USD Million)
5.3.2 Domestic Production Overview
5.3.3 Domestic Consumption Overview
5.3.4 Import Value & Volume
5.3.5 Export Value & Volume
6. Regional Analysis
6.1 PESTLE Analysis
6.2 Supply Chain Analysis
6.3 Government Policies
7. Competitive Analysis
7.1 Distribution Network & Retail Analysis
7.2 List/Profile of Key Players