|Study Period:||2015 - 2026|
|Largest Share by End User:||Automotive|
|Fastest Growing by End User:||Heavy Equipment|
The Russia Lubricants Market stood at 1.19 billion liters in 2021 and is projected to register a CAGR of 2.32% to reach 1.34 billion liters in 2026.
- Largest Segment by End-user Industry - Automotive : Due to the huge volume of engine and gear oils used in motor vehicles compared to any other industrial application, automotive was the largest end user among all categories.
- Fastest Segment by End-user Industry - Heavy Equipment : Due to the increasing use of machinery in sectors, like mining, construction, and agriculture, heavy equipment is the fastest-growing end user of lubricants in the country.
- Largest Segment by Product Type - Engine Oils : Engine oil is the most consumed product type in Russia, owing to the high volume of engine oil and the high replacement frequency required to lubricate IC engines.
- Fastest Segment by Product Type - Transmission & Gear Oils : Transmission and gear oils are expected to grow faster than any other product segment due to an expected rise in the use of automatic cars and industrial rebounds.
Scope of the Report
|By End User|
|Metallurgy & Metalworking|
|Other End-user Industries|
Key Market Trends
Largest Segment By End User : Automotive
- In 2020, the automotive industry dominated the Russian lubricants market, accounting for over 45% of the total lubricant consumption in the country. During 2015-2019, lubricant consumption in the automotive sector witnessed a gradual growth.
- In 2020, COVID-19-related restrictions led to a decline in the maintenance requirements from several industries. The major impact was observed in the automotive industry, which recorded a dip of 15.7% during the year, followed by heavy equipment (11.4%).
- Heavy equipment is likely to be the fastest-growing end-user industry of the Russian lubricants market during 2021-2026, with a CAGR of 2.94%, followed by automotive (2.31%). The expected recovery in investments and completion of construction and mining projects, along with the projected rise in commercial vehicle sales, are likely to drive the market growth.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
The Russia Lubricants Market is fairly consolidated, with the top five companies occupying 73.51%. The major players in this market are DelfinGroup, Gazprom, Lukoil, Rosneft and Royal Dutch Shell Plc (sorted alphabetically).
- March 2022: ExxonMobil Corporation company has appointed Jay Hooley as lead managing director of the company.
- January 2022: Effective April 1, ExxonMobil Corporation was organized along three business lines – ExxonMobil Upstream Company, ExxonMobil Product Solutions and ExxonMobil Low Carbon Solutions.
- January 2022: Effective January 21, 2022, Royal Dutch Shell plc changes its name to Shell plc.
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary & Key Findings
2.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
2.2 Scope of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3. Key Industry Trends
3.1 Automotive Industry Trends
3.2 Manufacturing Industry Trends
3.3 Power Generation Industry Trends
3.4 Regulatory Framework
3.5 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By End User
4.1.2 Heavy Equipment
4.1.3 Metallurgy & Metalworking
4.1.4 Power Generation
4.1.5 Other End-user Industries
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Key Strategic Moves
5.2 Market Share Analysis
5.3 Company Profiles
5.3.1 BP PLC (Castrol)
5.3.3 ExxonMobil Corporation
5.3.6 Liqui Moly
5.3.8 Obninskorgsintez (SINTEC GROUP)
5.3.10 Royal Dutch Shell Plc
6.1 Appendix-1 References
6.2 Appendix-2 List of Tables & Figures
7. Key Strategic Questions for Lubricants CEOs
List of Tables & Figures
VEHICLE POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, RUSSIA, 2015 - 2026
COMMERCIAL VEHICLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, RUSSIA, 2015 - 2026
MOTORCYCLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, RUSSIA, 2015 - 2026
PASSENGER VEHICLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, RUSSIA, 2015 - 2026
MANUFACTURING VALUE ADDED, USD BILLION (CURRENT VALUE), RUSSIA, 2015 - 2020
POWER GENERATION CAPACITY, GIGAWATT (GW), RUSSIA, 2015 - 2020
RUSSIA LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, BY END USER, 2015-2026
RUSSIA LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY END USER, 2020
RUSSIA LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, AUTOMOTIVE, 2015-2026
RUSSIA LUBRICANTS MARKET, AUTOMOTIVE, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
RUSSIA LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, HEAVY EQUIPMENT, 2015-2026
RUSSIA LUBRICANTS MARKET, HEAVY EQUIPMENT, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
RUSSIA LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, METALLURGY & METALWORKING, 2015-2026
RUSSIA LUBRICANTS MARKET, METALLURGY & METALWORKING, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
RUSSIA LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, POWER GENERATION, 2015-2026
RUSSIA LUBRICANTS MARKET, POWER GENERATION, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
RUSSIA LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, OTHER END-USER INDUSTRIES, 2015-2026
RUSSIA LUBRICANTS MARKET, OTHER END-USER INDUSTRIES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
RUSSIA LUBRICANTS MARKET, MOST ACTIVE COMPANIES, BY NUMBER OF STRATEGIC MOVES, 2018 - 2021
RUSSIA LUBRICANTS MARKET, MOST ADOPTED STRATEGIES, 2018 - 2021
RUSSIA LUBRICANTS MARKET SHARE(%), BY MAJOR PLAYERS, 2020
- Vehicle Types and Industrial Equipment - Automotive (Passenger Vehicles, Commercial Vehicles and Motorcycles), Power Generation, Heavy Equipment, Metallurgy & Metalworking and Other End-user Industries (Marine, Aviation etc.) are considered under the lubricants market.
- Product Types - For the purpose of this study, lubricant products such as engine oils, transmission & gear oils, hydraulic fluids, metalworking fluids, and greases are taken into consideration.
- Service Refill - Service/maintenance refill is considered while accounting the lubricant consumption for each of the vehicle and equipment, under the study.
- Factory Fill - First lubricant fill-ups for newly produced vehicles and industrial equipment are considered under the study.
Mordor Intelligence follows a four-step methodology in all our reports.
- Step-1: Identify Key Variables: The quantifiable key variables (industry and extraneous) pertaining to the specific product segment and country are selected from a group of relevant variables & factors based on desk research & literature review; along with primary expert inputs. These variables are further confirmed through regression modeling (wherever required).
- Step-2: Build a Market Model: In order to build a robust forecasting methodology, the variables and factors identified in Step-1 are tested against available historical market numbers. Through an iterative process, the variables required for market forecast are set and the model is built on the basis of these variables.
- Step-3: Validate and Finalize: In this important step, all market numbers, variables and analyst calls are validated through an extensive network of primary research experts from the market studied. The respondents are selected across levels and functions to generate a holistic picture of the market studied.
- Step-4: Research Outputs: Syndicated Reports, Custom Consulting Assignments, Databases & Subscription Platforms