|Study Period:||2015 - 2026|
|Largest Share by Product Type:||Engine Oils|
|Fastest Growing by Product Type:||Transmission Oils|
The Russia Commercial Vehicles Lubricants Market is at 273.42 million liters in 2021 and is projected to register a CAGR of 0.51% to reach 280.43 million liters in 2026. The COVID-19 outbreak and the social restrictions implemented in response to the pandemic have resulted in a 4% drop in the sales of new commercial vehicles in Russia during 2019-2020, in turn affecting the lubricant consumption from the sector.
- Largest Segment by Product Type - Engine Oils : Engine oil is the leading product type due to its high volume requirements and shorter drain intervals, as it is used for high-temperature and high-pressure applications.
- Fastest Segment by Product Type - Transmission Oils : An increase in the production and sales of commercial vehicles in the country post 2020 is likely to drive the demand for transmission oils during the forecast period.
Scope of the Report
|By Product Type|
Key Market Trends
Largest Segment By Product Type : Engine Oils
- In the Russian commercial vehicles segment, lubricant consumption recorded a megative CAGR of -1.29% during 2015-2019. This trend was largely driven by the growing penetration of synthetic lubricants that have longer drain intervals.
- Freight transportation in the country has been negatively affected by the social restrictions imposed due to COVID-19 during the first half of 2020. Thus, in Russia, lubricant consumption in commercial vehicles decreased by 12.97%.
- In Russia, the pent-up demand from 2020 is likely to drive the sales of commercial vehicles during the early part of the forecast period. This factor, in turn, is likely to boost lubricant consumption levels in the country. However, further penetration of synthetic oils that extend service intervals is likely to hinder the growth of lubricant consumption in Russia.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
The Russia Commercial Vehicles Lubricants Market is fairly consolidated, with the top five companies occupying 73.92%. The major players in this market are ExxonMobil Corporation, Gazprom, LUKOIL, ROSNEFT and Royal Dutch Shell Plc (sorted alphabetically).
- May 2021: ADDINOL developed ADDINOL Professional 0530 FA-4, which is a high-performance motor oil for commercial vehicles with reduced HTHS viscosity.
- January 2021: ADDINOL developed and introduced a new range of ADDINOL Professional oils, Professional 1040 and Professional 1540 E8/E11, for heavy-duty trucks, keeping modern standards and ACEA specifications in mind.
- January 2021: Champion Lubricants collaborated with the Dakar Rally race, where the company supplied its finest and high-performance lubricants to trucks in extreme conditions.
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary & Key Findings
2.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
2.2 Scope of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3. Key Industry Trends
3.1 Automotive Industry Trends
3.1.1 Commercial Vehicles
3.2 Regulatory Framework
3.3 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Product Type
4.1.1 Engine Oils
4.1.3 Hydraulic Fluids
4.1.4 Transmission Oils
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Key Strategic Moves
5.2 Market Share Analysis
5.3 Company Profiles
5.3.1 BP PLC (Castrol)
5.3.2 CHEVRON CORPORATION
5.3.4 ExxonMobil Corporation
5.3.8 Royal Dutch Shell Plc
5.3.9 SK Lubricants Co. Ltd
6.1 Appendix-1 References
6.2 Appendix-2 List of Tables & Figures
7. Key Strategic Questions for Lubricants CEOs
List of Tables & Figures
COMMERCIAL VEHICLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, RUSSIA, 2015 - 2026
RUSSIA COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2015-2026
RUSSIA COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
RUSSIA COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, ENGINE OILS, 2015-2026
RUSSIA COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, ENGINE OILS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
RUSSIA COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, GREASES, 2015-2026
RUSSIA COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, GREASES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
RUSSIA COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, HYDRAULIC FLUIDS, 2015-2026
RUSSIA COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, HYDRAULIC FLUIDS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
RUSSIA COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, TRANSMISSION OILS, 2015-2026
RUSSIA COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, TRANSMISSION OILS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
RUSSIA COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, MOST ACTIVE COMPANIES, BY NUMBER OF STRATEGIC MOVES, 2018 - 2021
RUSSIA COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, MOST ADOPTED STRATEGIES, 2018 - 2021
RUSSIA COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET SHARE(%), BY MAJOR PLAYERS, 2019
- Vehicle Types - Passenger Vehicles, Commercial Vehicles and Motorcycles are the vehicle types considered under the automotive lubricants market.
- Product Types - For the purpose of this study, lubricant products such as engine oils, transmission oils, greases and hydraulic fluids are taken into consideration.
- Service Refill - Service refill is the primary factor considered while accounting the lubricant consumption for each of the vehicle segments, under the study.
- Factory Fill - First lubricant fill-ups for newly produced vehicles are considered.
Mordor Intelligence follows a four-step methodology in all our reports.
- Step-1: Identify Key Variables: The quantifiable key variables (industry and extraneous) pertaining to the specific product segment and country are selected from a group of relevant variables & factors based on desk research & literature review; along with primary expert inputs. These variables are further confirmed through regression modeling (wherever required).
- Step-2: Build a Market Model: In order to build a robust forecasting methodology, the variables and factors identified in Step-1 are tested against available historical market numbers. Through an iterative process, the variables required for market forecast are set and the model is built on the basis of these variables.
- Step-3: Validate and Finalize: In this important step, all market numbers, variables and analyst calls are validated through an extensive network of primary research experts from the market studied. The respondents are selected across levels and functions to generate a holistic picture of the market studied.
- Step-4: Research Outputs: Syndicated Reports, Custom Consulting Assignments, Databases & Subscription Platforms