|Fastest Growing Market:||North America|
|Largest Market:||North America|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Global Recovered Carbon Black Market is projected to register a CAGR of more than 2% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
The market was negatively impacted by COVID-19 in 2020. The COVID-19 pandemic is affecting the recovered carbon black market because of disruption in the supply chain such as disruption in orders and deliveries along with cancellations and a backlog of orders. During the pandemic, many industrial, rubber factories, automobile, printing, and packaging operations were shut down. There is also a change in priority to the health sector and sectors such as road and building construction were on temporary hold. In the construction recovered carbon black is used as a reinforcement agent, seals, rubber sheets, and rubber roofing.
- Over the short term, rising demand for recycled and recovered carbon black for tire & non-tire products such as conveyor belts, hoses, gaskets, and increasing problems due to emission of carbon black across the globe are some of the driving factors which are stimulating the market demand.
- The lack of infrastructure and technologies for making recovered carbon black is hindering the market's growth.
- The increasing need for green alternatives due to the increase in pollution across the globe by the emission of carbon black is likely to create opportunities for the market in the coming years.
- North America region is expected to dominate the market and is also likely to witness the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
Scope of the Report
Recovered carbon black is derived from the scrap tires during recycling. It is an eco-friendly agent which is produced by the pyrolysis process which is a very fine particle size of less than 10 microns, pelletized, dried, and then packaged. The recovered carbon black market is segmented by application, end-user industry, and geography. By application, the market is segmented into batteries, tires, plastics, non-tire rubber, dyes, and pigments. By end-user industry, the market is segmented into printing and packaging, industrial, building and construction, electronics, automotive, and other nd-user industries. The report also covers the market size and forecasts for the recovered carbon black market in 15 countries across major regions. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done on the basis of volume (kilo tons).
|Dyes and Pigments|
|Printing and Packaging|
|Building and Construction|
|Other End-user Industries|
Key Market Trends
Increasing Usage in the Tire Industry
- Recovered carbon black is a highly adopted sector in the tire industry as it can be used as a partial substitution for virgin carbon black in various industries. Therefore, the market potential for recovered carbon black is determined by the current markets of virgin carbon black.
- The electric vehicle is the trending factor in the automobile industry. With this new opportunity, the tire industry is getting benefitted by manufacturing all-season tires, performance tires, rib tires, spare tires, and many others. Apart from that, in February 2022, Scandinavian Enviro Systems AB received an order for 60 MT of recovered carbon black from a major European tire manufacturer in the premium segment. This has stimulated the market demand for recovered carbon black.
- Due to the need for a reduction in fossil fuel dependence and CO2 emission major tire manufacturing companies are adopting recovered material techniques to adopt the circular economy concept. For instance, Bridgestone Corporation’s goals for 2050 are to use only renewable/recovered materials to replace carbon black in tire production and Continental AG plans to include 10% of recovered materials such as rCB N300 in the composition of tires by 2025.
- Owing to all these factors, the market for recovered carbon black is likely to grow globally during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America to Dominate the Market
- North America region is expected to dominate the market. In the region, United States & Canada are the major economies.
- The U.S. Tire Manufacturers Association (USTMA) projected total U.S. tire shipments of 340.2 million units in 2022, compared to 335.2 million units in 2021, and Original Equipment (OE) shipments for passenger, light truck, and truck tires are expected to increase by 6.2%, 4.4%, and 6.3%, respectively, with a total increase of 2.9 million units.
- Similarly, the Canadian tire industry was valued at more than 14.87 billion Canadian dollars in 2020. Canadian Tire Corporation delivered strong third-quarter comparable sales. Canadian Tire Retail (CTR) comparable sales were up 1.4%, against the remarkable 25.1% increase achieved in 2020.
- On the other hand, the construction industry in Canada boosts the market demand for recovered carbon black as a reinforcing agent through applications like hoses, gaskets, seals, rubber sheets, and rubber roofing and as a part of the ‘Investing in Canada Plan,’ the government has announced plans to invest nearly USD 140 billion for significant infrastructure developments in the country by 2028.
- Morover, The new constructions put in place in the United States in 2020 were valued at almost 1.5 trillion U.S. dollars, and it is forecast to reach roughly 2 trillion U.S. dollars in 2025.
- Due to all such factors, the market for recycled carbon black in the region is expected to have a steady growth during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The recovered carbon black market is partially consolidated in nature. Some of the major players in the market include Polimix, Enrestec Inc, Klean Industries Inc., Pyrum Innovations AG, Scandinavian Enviro Systems AB, and others (not in any particular order).
- In May 2022, Pyrum Innovations AG started the test operation of a new pelletizer at its plant site in Germany which will enable the recovered carbon black (rCB) obtained via the pyrolysis process to be bonded into pellets, to increase their transportability and facilitates the further processing of the raw material.
- In March 2022, Continental AG expanded its partnership with Pyrum Innovations AG to further optimize and expand the recycling of end-of-life tires through pyrolysis by producing high-quality recovered carbon black (rCB) for tire production of Continental.
- In April 2020, Scandinavian Enviro Systems AB and Michelin partnered with each other to develop innovative technology of recovered carbon black to transform used tires into raw materials.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Rising Demand for Recycled and Recovered Products
4.1.2 Increasing Usages as Sustainable Filler in Tire and Non-tire Rubber Applications
4.2.1 Lack of Infrastructure and Technologies for Recovered Carbon Black
4.2.2 Providing Consistent Quality of Recovered Carbon Black
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.4 Non-Tire Rubber
5.1.5 Dyes and Pigments
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.1 Printing and Packaging
5.2.3 Building and Construction
5.2.6 Other End-user Industries
184.108.40.206 South Korea
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle East and Africa
184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
220.127.116.11 South Africa
18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%) **/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Alpha Carbone
6.4.2 Black Bear Carbon B.V.
6.4.3 Bolder Industries
6.4.4 Carbon Recovery GmbH
6.4.5 Delta Energy LLC
6.4.6 Dron Industries
6.4.7 DVA Renewable Energy JSC.
6.4.8 Enrestec Inc
6.4.9 Klean Industries Inc.
6.4.11 Pyrum Innovations AG
6.4.12 Reoil Sp. z o.o.
6.4.13 Scandinavian Enviro Systems AB
6.4.14 SR2O Holdings, LLC
6.4.15 Strebl Green Carbon Pte Ltd.
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Need for Green Alternatives to Reduce Carbon Footprints
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Recovered Carbon Black Market market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Recovered Carbon Black Market?
The Recovered Carbon Black Market is growing at a CAGR of >2% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Recovered Carbon Black Market?
North America is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Recovered Carbon Black Market?
North America holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Recovered Carbon Black Market?
Polimix , Enrestec Inc , Klean Industries Inc. , Pyrum Innovations AG , Scandinavian Enviro Systems AB are the major companies operating in Recovered Carbon Black Market.