Pakistan Lubricants Market Size
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Forecast Data Period||2023 - 2028|
|Historical Data Period||2018 - 2021|
|CAGR||> 3.50 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Pakistan Lubricants Market Analysis
The Pakistani lubricants market is estimated to reach over 400 million l by the end of this year and is projected to register a CAGR of around 3.5% during the forecasted period.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, nationwide lockdowns around the globe disrupted manufacturing activities and supply chains, and production halts impacted the market in 2020. However, the sector is recovering well since restrictions were lifted. An increase in automotive sales, power generation, and demand for food and beverages have led the market recovery over the last two years.
- The primary factor driving the market's growth is the augmenting automotive production in Pakistan. With the increasing Chinese investment in the past few years, the market studied is expected to see an increase in demand over the forecasted period.
- On the flip side, the sluggish growth in the textile industry is anticipated to restrain the development of the target industry over the forecast period.
- Potential growth in the renewable energy sector will likely act as an opportunity for the market studied.
Pakistan Lubricants Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Pakistan Lubricants Market according to our research experts:
Automotive and Transportation Segment to Drive the Demand
- In the automobile sector, lubricants with many qualities are used in multiple application areas for many purposes, including decreasing friction, preventing corrosion and rust development, and maintaining the component's cleanliness.
- The most common form of lubricant used in the automotive sector is engine oils. Engine oils keep the engine clean and stop particle buildup and rust development. Additionally, engine oils increase performance and fuel economy, lengthen engine life, and lower vehicle emissions. Engine oils are widely used to lubricate internal combustion engines and generally comprise 75-90% base oils and 10-25% additives.
- Transmission oil offers a reliable solution for various automotive applications, including synchronized and unsynchronized manual and steering transmission, high-load hypoid transmission, transmissions for electric cars and hybrid cars, and distribution transmission of tractors, cars, and trucks.
- CEIC data shows Pakistan's car sales in December 2021 were 27,666 units. In December 2021, Pakistani motor vehicle sales increased by 93.5%, compared to 29.6% the previous month.
- Pakistan's government established an ambitious National Electric Vehicles Policy (NEVP), with objectives and incentives aimed at capturing 30% of all passenger car and heavy-duty truck sales by 2030 and 90% by 2040. It sets even higher targets for two- and three-wheelers and buses: 50% new sales by 2030 and 90% by 2040.
- DICE Foundation, a group of Pakistanis in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, is preparing to launch the country's first electric automobile.
- According to the International Organization of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers, Pakistan's production reached the pre-pandemic level in 2021, with 238.7 thousand vehicles produced. Nevertheless, the number of cars produced in 2019 fell to just 186.75 thousand.
- With all the above factors, the demand for engine oils is expected to increase at a moderate pace in the forecasted period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Power Generation to Expand at a Fastest Rate
- Lubricants are crucial in power generation since the machinery is expected to operate continuously under harsh conditions.
- Lubricants used in wind turbines are essential to the wind energy sector's functioning, upkeep, and wind farm dependability. The main bearings, pitch and yaw bearings, and rotor shafts of wind turbines all require hydraulic fluids, greases, and gear oils.
- Turbine oils used in gas and steam turbines need to be thermally stable. These oils control the formation of degradation deposits and help to withstand oxidation. Moreover, this turbine oil protects metal parts. Grease is used in rackpinion lubrication, open gears, fittings, chain drives, and sprockets. Engine oils are used in trunk piston applications. Further, gear oil is used for enclosed gears, gearboxes, and bearings.
- Chinese-funded power generation plants are majorly coal-fired. Five of these 13 power plants are coal-fired with a combined capacity of 4,950 MW. China also funded six wind farms set to generate just under 400 MW of power, a 100 MW solar project, and four hydropower plants expected to produce 3,400 MW by 2027.
- According to Pakistan's economic survey, the country's total installed power generation capacity will be 41,557 MW in 2022. The maximum total demand of the country, including all residential, commercial, and industrial estates, is 30,000 MW, whereas the transmission and distribution capacity is still at approximately 22,000 MW. By 2023, Pakistan is expected to have 50% excess generation capacity.
- According to the Ministry of Energy (Power Division), the share of Industry in electricity consumption has increased by almost 9%, reaching 22,280 GWh in the July-March period, which shows a revival of economic activities. Household energy consumption also increased by 5%, reaching 41,508 GWh.
- All such factors and various ongoing electricity projects in the power generation sector are expected to affect the demand for lubricants from the power generation industry in the country during the forecast period.
Pakistan Lubricants Industry Overview
The Pakistani lubricants market is partially consolidated, with various global and domestic players in the country. Some of the major players in the market (in no particular order) include Shell PLC, Chevron Corporation, ExxonMobil Corporation, Pakistan State Oil, and Hi-Tech Lubricants Limited, among other companies.
Pakistan Lubricants Market Leaders
Pakistan State Oil
Hi-Tech Lubricants Limited
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Pakistan Lubricants Market News
- July 2022: Shell Pakistan appointed Burque Corporation to expand its lubricants distribution in Quetta. With the collaboration, Shell Pakistan covers 6,000 more villages and 40,000 additional outlets across Pakistan.
- March 2022: Chevron Pakistan Lubricants (Private) Limited signed an agreement with MG JW Automobile Pakistan (Private) Limited to supply its synthetic lubricants. The company will provide its Delo and Havoline branded products for commercial, industrial, marine, and passenger vehicle applications.
Pakistan Lubricants Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Positive Outlook for the Automotive Industry
4.1.2 Increasing Chinese Investments in the Country
4.2.1 Sluggish Growth in Textile Industry
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size in Volume)
5.1 Product Type
5.1.1 Engine Oil
5.1.2 Transmission and Hydraulic Fluid
5.1.3 General Industrial Oil
5.1.4 Gear Oils
5.1.6 Other Product Types
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.1 Power Generation
5.2.2 Automotive and Transportation
5.2.3 Heavy Equipment
5.2.4 Food and Beverage
5.2.5 Other End-user Industries
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 BP PLC
6.4.2 Chevron Corporation
6.4.4 ENEOS Corporation
6.4.5 Exxon Mobil Corporation
6.4.6 Hascol Petroleum Ltd
6.4.7 Hi-Tech Lubricants Limited
6.4.8 Karachi Lubricants (pvt) Ltd
6.4.9 Pak HY-Oils
6.4.10 Pakistan Lubricants (Pvt.) Ltd
6.4.11 Pakistan State Oil
6.4.12 Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS)
6.4.13 Shell PLC
6.4.14 Totalenergies SE
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Promising Renewable Energy Sector
Pakistan Lubricants Market Research FAQs
What is the current Pakistan Lubricants Market size?
The Pakistan Lubricants Market is projected to register a CAGR of greater than 3.5% during the forecast period (2023-2027).
Who are the key players in Pakistan Lubricants Market?
Shell PLC, Chevron Corporation, ExxonMobil Corporation, Pakistan State Oil and Hi-Tech Lubricants Limited are the major companies operating in the Pakistan Lubricants Market.
Pakistan Lubricants Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Pakistan Lubricants market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Pakistan Lubricants analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.