|Study Period:||2015 - 2027|
|Largest Share by Product Type:||Engine Oils|
|Fastest Growing by Product Type:||Transmission Oils|
The Uae Commercial Vehicles Lubricants Market stood at 22.83 million liters in 2022 and is projected to register a CAGR of NaN% to reach NaN liters in 2027.
- Largest Segment by Product Type - Engine Oils : Engine oil is the leading product type in UAE's commercial vehicles segment, due to the higher average volume needs of the existing fleet and rising vehicle usage activities.
- Fastest Segment by Product Type - Transmission Oils : In UAE, the anticipated rebound in commercial vehicle imports, sales, and usage, beginning in 2021 is projected to drive the consumption of greases in the coming years.
Scope of the Report
|By Product Type|
|Transmission & Gear Oils|
Key Market Trends
Largest Segment By Product Type : Engine Oils
- In UAE, commercial vehicles (CV) forms the second-largest vehicle type in terms of automotive lubricant consumption. During 2015-2019, lubricant consumption grew at a CAGR of 2.5% in CV segment. The growth was majorly driven by the growing freight ransportation in the country.
- In 2020, commercial vehicle lubricant consumption declined by 11.1% as COVID-19 affected the freight transportation. The engine oil segment accounted for around 89.6% share in CV lubricant consumption in 2020. A major decline of 11.35% was observed in the consumption of engine oils in CV segment during the year.
- During 2021-2026, the greases segment is likely to be the fastest-growing segment with a CAGR of 5.09%. The growing need for service of existing fleet along with expected boom in trade activity are likely to drive the consumption of greases over the coming years.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
The Uae Commercial Vehicles Lubricants Market is fairly consolidated, with the top five companies occupying 69.74%. The major players in this market are ADNOC, Emirates Lube Oil Co. Ltd, EPPCO Lubricants, Royal Dutch Shell PLC and TotalEnergies (sorted alphabetically).
- January 2022: Effective April 1, ExxonMobil Corporation was organized along three business lines – ExxonMobil Upstream Company, ExxonMobil Product Solutions and ExxonMobil Low Carbon Solutions.
- March 2021: Hyundai Motor Company and Royal Dutch Shell PLC announced a five-year global business cooperation agreement, with a new focus on clean energy and carbon reduction, to help Hyundai continue its transformation as a Smart Mobility Solution Provider.
- October 2020: Shell added e-transmission fluids, e-greases, and battery thermal fluids to its Shell E-Fluids fluids range for commercial vehicles to cater to the emerging electric vehicle segment.
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary & Key Findings
2.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
2.2 Scope of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3. Key Industry Trends
3.1 Automotive Industry Trends
3.2 Regulatory Framework
3.3 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Product Type
4.1.1 Engine Oils
4.1.3 Hydraulic Fluids
4.1.4 Transmission & Gear Oils
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Key Strategic Moves
5.2 Market Share Analysis
5.3 Company Profiles
5.3.2 Dana Lubricants Factory LLC
5.3.4 Emirates Lube Oil Co. Ltd
5.3.5 EPPCO Lubricants
5.3.6 ExxonMobil Corporation
5.3.7 Gulf Oil International
5.3.8 Petromin Corporation
5.3.9 Royal Dutch Shell PLC
6.1 Appendix-1 References
6.2 Appendix-2 List of Tables & Figures
7. Key Strategic Questions for Lubricants CEOs
List of Tables & Figures
COMMERCIAL VEHICLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, UAE, 2015 - 2026
UAE COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2015-2026
UAE COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
UAE COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, ENGINE OILS, 2015-2026
UAE COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, ENGINE OILS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
UAE COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, GREASES, 2015-2026
UAE COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, GREASES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
UAE COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, HYDRAULIC FLUIDS, 2015-2026
UAE COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, HYDRAULIC FLUIDS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
UAE COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, TRANSMISSION & GEAR OILS, 2015-2026
UAE COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, TRANSMISSION & GEAR OILS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
UAE COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, MOST ACTIVE COMPANIES, BY NUMBER OF STRATEGIC MOVES, 2018 - 2021
UAE COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, MOST ADOPTED STRATEGIES, 2018 - 2021
UAE COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET SHARE(%), BY MAJOR PLAYERS, 2020
- Vehicle Types - Passenger Vehicles, Commercial Vehicles and Motorcycles are the vehicle types considered under the automotive lubricants market.
- Product Types - For the purpose of this study, lubricant products such as engine oils, transmission oils, greases and hydraulic fluids are taken into consideration.
- Service Refill - Service refill is the primary factor considered while accounting the lubricant consumption for each of the vehicle segments, under the study.
- Factory Fill - First lubricant fill-ups for newly produced vehicles are considered.
Mordor Intelligence follows a four-step methodology in all our reports.
- Step-1: Identify Key Variables: The quantifiable key variables (industry and extraneous) pertaining to the specific product segment and country are selected from a group of relevant variables & factors based on desk research & literature review; along with primary expert inputs. These variables are further confirmed through regression modeling (wherever required).
- Step-2: Build a Market Model: In order to build a robust forecasting methodology, the variables and factors identified in Step-1 are tested against available historical market numbers. Through an iterative process, the variables required for market forecast are set and the model is built on the basis of these variables.
- Step-3: Validate and Finalize: In this important step, all market numbers, variables and analyst calls are validated through an extensive network of primary research experts from the market studied. The respondents are selected across levels and functions to generate a holistic picture of the market studied.
- Step-4: Research Outputs: Syndicated Reports, Custom Consulting Assignments, Databases & Subscription Platforms