With increasing usage across the industries, the Thermal Imaging Systems Market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 12.15% over the period 2014-2020.
There is a lot of tension in the Middle East and Africa with the Al-Qaeda, ISIS, Boko Haram, Al-Shabaab and different terrorist outfits in the region. There is always geopolitical unrest in both Africa and Middle East. Middle East is one of the biggest buyers of military equipment. Technological innovations like thermal imaging help the armed forces in the region to fight the rebels and terrorists in very harsh terrains present in the region.
We are living in a fast changing world. New technologies are being developed, while old ones are being relegated. The changing consumer preferences and innovations are increasing. The line which used to separate different industries is becoming blurred as technology is being modified for different entities across the industries.
Internet, radar and jet engines were some of the technological innovations created specifically for the military. But, the same technologies are now being used for commercial or personal purposes.
Thermal imaging is one such technology which found its origin in military applications and is now being used across different industry verticals. Thermal imaging is changing the world with the applications ranging from military to personal handheld cameras and smartphones. Though it has multiple uses, some of the uses related to saving lives have been game changers. These systems have now become compact and are easy to use and generate high-resolution images. With some of the major players like Flir, Bae Systems, L-3 Communications are already present in the thermal imaging systems market. New startups like Bounce Imaging are challenging the existing players with their innovative products.
Companies such as Flir and Vummi have introduced smartphones with thermal imaging capability. Day is not far when this technology will be in use everywhere with handheld devices taking over complex thermal imaging systems.
The factors driving the thermal imaging systems market are:
- Low cost of solutions
- Increasing usage across the industries
- Its low impact on the environment.
- Integrating the thermal imaging technology with the smartphones is also a major contributor to this market given the growing smartphones market.
- The declining cost of solutions and users demanding cheaper products
- The market is heading towards extensive competition on price.
- Companies are striving hard to introduce low cost devices with maximum features.
The other factors restraining this market are the declining military market as its applications are mostly prominent in the military market and the lack of regular support services might also hinder the progress of the thermal imaging systems market.
WHAT THE REPORT OFFERS
- Middle East and Africa thermal imaging systems market overview with information on drivers and restraints
- In-depth Middle East and Africa thermal imaging systems market analysis and its applications in the industry
- Identification of factors responsible for changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on global and regional scale
- Extensively researched competitive landscape with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Executive Summary
2. Research Methodology
3. Market Overview
3.2 Applications of Thermal Imaging Solutions
3.3 Factors Driving the Market
3.3.1 Low cost of solutions
3.3.2 Increasing Usage across the Industries
3.3.3 Low impact on the Environment
3.4 Factors Restraining the Market
3.4.1 Declining Military Market
3.4.2 Lack of regular support and services
3.5 Current Opportunities in the Market
3.6 Technology Snapshot
3.7 Porter’s Five Forces
3.7.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.7.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.7.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.7.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.7.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
3.8 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4. Middle East and Africa Thermal Imaging Systems Market Breakdown by Solutions
5. Middle East and Africa Thermal Imaging Systems Market Breakdown by Applications
5.3 Research and Development
5.4 Construction Industry
5.7 Law Enforcement Agencies
5.8 Surveillance Systems
5.8.1 Ground-Based Systems
5.8.2 Airborne Systems
6. Middle East and Africa Thermal Imaging Systems Market Breakdown by End Users
6.1 Military and Defense
6.2 Commercial Purpose
7. Middle East and Africa Thermal Imaging Systems Market Breakdown by Form Factor
7.1 Handheld Imaging Devices & Systems
7.2 Fixed Mounted (Rotary and Non-Rotary)
8. Middle East and Africa Thermal Imaging Systems Market Segmentation by Country
9 Competitive Intelligence – Company Profiles (List Populated Globally)
9.1 Flir Systems, Inc.
9.1.2 Products and Services
9.1.4 Recent Developments
9.2 L-3 Communications Holdings
9.2.2 Products and Services
9.2.4 Recent Developments
9.3.2 Products and Services
9.3.4 Recent Developments
9.4 Lockheed Martin
9.4.2 Products and Services
9.4.4 Recent Developments
9.5 Bae Systems plc
9.5.2 Products and Services
9.5.4 Recent Developments
9.6 DRS Technologies, Inc.
9.6.2 Products and Services
9.6.4 Recent Developments
9.7 Elbit Systems Ltd.
9.7.2 Products and Services
9.7.4 Recent Developments
9.8 Raytheon Co.
9.8.2 Products and Services
9.8.4 Recent Developments
9.9 Sofradir Group
9.9.2 Products and Services
9.9.4 Recent Developments
9.9 Thermoteknix Systems Ltd.
9.10.2 Products and Services
9.10.4 Recent Developments
10. Future of Middle East and Africa Thermal Imaging Systems Market